Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    My D-LUX 5 might need a new home soon
    I'm told the red dot is a real babe magnet. Can you verify this?

And now that you're married....

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      My D-LUX 5 might need a new home soon
      Let me know...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
        I'm told the red dot is a real babe magnet.
        Err ... on the contrary, I've always thought that it was the red ring, that's why I invested thousands on my L lens.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
          They don't need to as it's a given.
          If you are talking about the sensor... not so, the DP1 from Sigma, for example, had quite a few shortcomings despite using an APS-C sensor. Sony's RX100 execution is alright, but at max zoom, it's still a F4.9, which is by no means impressive (also tested it out last Monday already, actually). At max zoom, with a steady hand, the LX-7 should still rule the roost. It does end up depending on the type of shots taken - those who zoom less, will likely find the RX100 more rewarding. The hi-res screen is also great, but the menu is highly unintuitive for a LX-5 user.

One of the earliest/comprehensive reviews of an LX-7 vs RX100 HERE
          Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
          I'm told the red dot is a real babe magnet. Can you verify this?

And now that you're married....
          Roger that! I guess that's as much proof as you can get!

I've had maybe 7-8 interesting conversations with random strangers (usually fellow Leica owners/camera enthusiasts) I'd probably never have had if it wasn't for the little red dot. The most unique being (ironically) in a cab on the streets of Philly. The cabbie had been collecting oldschool Leicas and we chatted from the hotel to the Geno's cheesesteak place. Very enjoyable and it does feel nice to have something to break the ice with. Also had a great time chatting with an SQ steward on the SIN-FRA leg of my January Niagara Falls trip to JFK who had quite a fascination with the little red dot also.
          Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          Let me know...
          Reasonable offers entertained, no hurry to sell as can always pass it on to my younger brother...
          Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
          Err ... on the contrary, I've always thought that it was the red ring, that's why I invested thousands on my L lens.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
            I don`t know if it`s the red ring, but my Black and white L does pull the women.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
              The Sony is a great camera, just ridiculously expensive. The AF is a lot slower than Panasonic's, but you are comparing it to the fastest in the industry. As mentioned, I tested it out (one of my main criteria) and it ROCKED!
              I'm with HA on this. Yes, I could shoot RAW but prefer not to if I can. For a P&S in my typical shooting scenarios, the JPEGs are quite remarkable.

It's a big advance over the Canon S90-and-later models, and, IMO, much better than the Panasonic LUMIX LX5 (haven't tested the LX7) in artificial-neon-light situations. YMMV.
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I would recommend waiting until a couple months after Photokina. There appear to be some interesting potential announcements -- M10, GX2 (November), X200, and perhaps a few others jumping on the 1" sensor bandwagon.
                HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                X