No announcement yet.

Which Hotel in SYD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember dining a few times at the Chicago Steakhouse at SOTP!

One needed to starve themselves for the whole day in order to finish any meal that was on the menu! Unfortunately they priced themselves well out of the market and didn't survive long...

Westin's closer to Ivy as well - another of Keith's favorite haunts apparently

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
      Westin's closer to Ivy as well - another of Keith's favorite haunts apparently
      The Ivy and Hemmesphere are more 'starter' places for the earlier, tamer parts of the evening. Unless the pool party really goes off. [OT]I used to like the Establishment, until it got so popular and infested by bogans and wannabes. I was standing outside with a mate who was finishing up his smokes before entering. And these 3 femme bogues, identikit $10 Supre tops, Sportsgirl, Accessorize scarves and fake Chanels - the lot, staggered in exclaiming "Awww my gaaawd I heard there's someone from Big Brudda in there...!" We just looked at each other and left immediately.[/OT]
      Last edited by KeithMEL; 10 August 2010, 07:08 AM.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I am a fan of both SOTP and the Four Points at Darling Harbour. Both places are good for Plat recognition although I agree it's a shame the 4P's prices have been getting closer to SOTP recently. I haven't stayed in the Westin but having seen it's location I have no wish to.

I have also stayed in the Shang and thought it was very nice, especially the Horizon Club lounge with it's views. Stayed at the IC three times in a short period while I was IC RA a few years ago and was distinctly underwhelmed and thought some of the staff were bordering on downright rude. I would not go back there, even if I became RA again.

Comment

I don't mind going to Establishment during the weekdays Tuesday & Wednesday can be quite 'normal'. This may be due to a number of reasons, none of which I much care for because as long as the crowd is normal I'm not bothered.

To keep this somewhat on topic has anyone stayed at the Establishment hotel?

On the topic of SOTP v FP, I feel that since FP have recently retained the management contract they're now focused on increasing the bottom line as a thank you to the owners for retaining them, a completed refurb should help to achieve this

Comment

deleted
            Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              Stayed at the IC three times in a short period while I was IC RA a few years ago and was distinctly underwhelmed and thought some of the staff were bordering on downright rude. I would not go back there, even if I became RA again.
              That bad huh.... hmmmm..... the sub-A$200 is pushing me that way though....

Comment

Originally posted by trekkie View Post
                The family very little interst in the doyle seafood restaurant chain though.

You sure about that? I know there was a big family spat which resulted in the restaurants all being split between the family, so I'm fairly sure they're still very much involved in the restaurants bearing their name...

But I wouldn't stoop so low to call it a 'chain' either! Doyles @ Watson's Bay is superb, not as keen on Doyles @ Circular Quay but both are equally accessible from either the Shang or IC (just to keep things on topic )

and I would steer well clear of Establishment on Friday or Saturday, as KeithMEL noted earlier - it tends to attract a less eloquent clientele
                Last edited by Gunnar Smithsen; 12 August 2010, 02:00 AM.

Comment

as a side note, I read today SOTP has reopened their Conservatory Bar after completing renovations to much hype and minimal fanfair..

Word on the street is that it could become quite popular..

Comment

deleted
                    Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Westin.

Comment

Working...
                      X