No announcement yet.

'Still a great way to fly' (Today Online)-SQ's treatment of loyal passengers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Still a great way to fly' (Today Online)-SQ's treatment of loyal passengers

There is a comment article on Today Online: http://www.todayonline.com/Comment/E...eat-way-to-fly

The commentator spoke about the return of profitability of SQ and with a comment:

"Rather, it should work to improve its image that has in recent times been somewhat tarnished by the airline's brashness and treatment of its loyal customers."

I agreed with him.

Honest email feedback met with "wishy washy" answers that has nothing to do with the question at hand. Noted some of the staff morale has taken a dip. Budget for inflights services being continuously slashed and becoming painfully noticeable even though one is paying top dollar for the ticket. Savers redemptions are a dying breed.

It is not to say SQ is all bad. I still liked their reliability in timing and quality of cabin crew except that I don't appreciate the developments in the past few years. To me it is a sad loss in brand value.

Article seemed like a good start, but it still felt half-hearted. I'm sure everyone has their $0.02 to contribute.

Comment

While I did enjoy the read (thanks for the link), and do regularly read Conrad Raj's columns, there are times when I disagree with him. This time, he's just echoing what many have said without proactive suggestions about what/where to improve. The fact he's a shareholder also when writing an opinion article undermines the content a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        While I did enjoy the read (thanks for the link), and do regularly read Conrad Raj's columns, there are times when I disagree with him. This time, he's just echoing what many have said without proactive suggestions about what/where to improve. The fact he's a shareholder also when writing an opinion article undermines the content a little bit.
        Don't think Conrad is a regularly flyer otherwise he could be more specific unlike many of us over here. But I could be wrong.

At least it is a start in raising some points on a broadsheet that is widely read in SQ, customers and the investors. It is not just another letter written to the forum page of the newspaper.

No fish, prawn also can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          You do realise that Today is indirectly owned by government and unless Conrad wants to find another job, he has to be careful not to offend his paymaster?

Comment

As the editor-in-chief (if I recall correctly, it's something like that)... he has definitely taken stances on other companies/issues that are very 'brash' if he's worried about his job...

Just a general observation ever since I started reading Today for as long as I can remember... and sometimes I do think he brings up very important topics indeed.

Comment

i do agree he brings up some valid points. Let's just hope someone listens and actually does something to improve the situation in our favour.

to kyo user, are you actually a PPS solitaire member? Most solitaires i see don't look so young.

Hint hint: SQ station managers, please give users of sqtalk.com an op upgrade. we'll thank you later.

Comment

I'm neither Solitaire nor am I PPS. My flying patterns don't suit the PPS requirements. What gave you the impression that I'm TPP?

(unless you're referring to my User Title?)

Comment

Originally posted by RHG View Post
                  i do agree he brings up some valid points. Let's just hope someone listens and actually does something to improve the situation in our favour.

to kyo user, are you actually a PPS solitaire member? Most solitaires i see don't look so young.

Hint hint: SQ station managers, please give users of sqtalk.com an op upgrade. we'll thank you later.
                  Just enjoy the postings and the site is also to destress ourselves part of the time. No need to be over-specific in the questions.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by RHG View Post
                    You do realise that Today is indirectly owned by government and unless Conrad wants to find another job, he has to be careful not to offend his paymaster?

Yes, okay, but don't negate the possibility it was a Minister also complaining too him off the record or something like that. Officials are in no better position to complain.

They, like everyone, must have seen the deteriation of the brand over recent years and are maybe themselves getting concerned...... or, more likely, upset at the treatment they get.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
                      Yes, okay, but don't negate the possibility it was a Minister also complaining too him off the record or something like that. Officials are in no better position to complain.

They, like everyone, must have seen the deteriation of the brand over recent years and are maybe themselves getting concerned...... or, more likely, upset at the treatment they get.
                      Yes, the deterioration of the brand value is a definite concern to me as a small shareholder in SQ with a tiny voice. A ten dollar saving per passenger probably works out to a SGD 3,000 for 300 pax per flight but when you lose just two or three premium class passenger, the losses are potentially larger.

Comment

While some people do have legitimate grievances against what they perceived as lesser or unfair treatment, on an overall basis, SQ is still a great way to fly when in comparison with other airlines. It's schedule relatively punctual, services onboard is often exemplary, and this is rarely mentioned but I think SQ also have a great online website booking system ( krisflyer.com ). It's so easy to manage and change/reschedule my booking. I don't think SQ is perfect though, I still have some nitpicks, eg few tangible benefits for PPS, the go-by-the-book treatment of all customers, annoying cost-cutting tactics to save a few cents, lack of pro-activeness in handling of customer complaints etc but overall, yes, SQ for me is still a great way to fly.

Comment

I think the problem is not are they still a good airline, which by no means they are excellent, its just that when we compare SQ of today and SQ 5 years ago, thats where we get really angry, even though they are still one of the best airlines in the industry, those who fly SQ frequently they know all the differences of the two SQ's. One would be a 7-8 star, the other would just be a 5 star airline, and thats where our problems come in

Comment

Working...
                          X