A trip to Adelaide Airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A trip to Adelaide Airport

Well, I'm not sure if this is the right board for this thread, but anyway, I have spent some time in Adelaide Airport, seeing my friends off and hanging around, taking some photos in the terminal.

My friends were flying SQ268 to SIN, which was operated by B777-200, registration number: 9V-SRK. The queue for the normal check-in counter was pretty long, so as the line for online check-in (but not as bad as the normal check-in counter). It took my friends around 15 minutes before it was their turn (both internet check-in). For the whole 15 minutes when my friends were waiting for check-in, I only saw 1 person checked-in in Business class lane. The screen indicated “Business Class” not “Raffles Class” as it used to be. SQ was quite strict nowadays for the weight of the luggage and here in ADL, they weigh passengers’ hand luggage as well. There were announcements reminding passengers to make sure their hand luggage was under 7kg before proceed to the check-in counters.

SQ Check-in Counter in ADL, it's adjacent to the Rex check-in counter

After the check-in, we proceed to the departure lounge. We have access to the Rex lounge. We spent approximately 30 minutes there. No announcement would be made for SQ flight. The Rex lounge was located at the end of the airport, opposite gate 10, and it was a pity that it was not facing the runway. It wasn’t very big but looked very comfortable. Snacks were available in the lounge but not many options. There was couple of computers available for internet access. Wireless network was available as well. Alcohol was only available after 3pm everyday. Magazine and local newspapers were also available. Neither shower area nor sleeping area were available cause Rex is just a regional airline and not much passengers in each flight.

Snacks are available in Rex lounge

Magazines and Newspaper in Rex lounge

Alcohol and drinks are available here as well

At 1220, my friends proceed to the customs and prepared to board at gate 18. That was the furthest point I could see them off. SQ268 was pushed back at 1259, 6 minutes before the scheduled time and reached the end of runway 23 and was on hold for approximately 3 minutes as a Rex flight was on approach. It was airborne at approximately 1310.

Departure Screen in ADL. SQ268 was leaving from gate 18 but it was not indicated on the screen

Singapore Airlines B777-200, registration 9V-SRK

Pushed back from gate 18

Well, I wasn’t flying, so no report beyond that point. It was very pity that the battery of my camera went dead after taking the photo of SQ268 was pushed back. So, no much photos of the airport was taken but if possible, I will take more photos of ADL airport and post here in the future. Sorry guys as I have no access to the SQ lounge in ADL and hence no photos available.

I’ll be going to Melbourne and Sydney in the coming week and will post my trip report over here after I come back.

Nice post. Thanks.

BTW, this is the right place for this stuff.

Comment

Boarding Time

Just wondering why do they list boarding times 1hr before departure for Int'l flights?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        Just wondering why do they list boarding times 1hr before departure for Int'l flights?
        Hmm. I'm not quite sure about that.. Everytime I fly SQ, the boarding starts 1 hour before scheduled time and gate closed 10 minutes before departure time. Probably this is the normal procedure in Australia airport ? (not very certain though).

Comment

Working...
        X