No announcement yet.

SQ Business and Economy to Hanoi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, ycp81, great TR! I miss the food in Hanoi, especially the kopi and the beef pho!

Comment

Thanks for taking the effort to write this.

I flew HAN-SIN in Y last year. Back then there was a menu for sure. As for starter, I can't remember.

Comment

Originally posted by dfs24 View Post
        Thanks for taking the effort to write this.

I flew HAN-SIN in Y last year. Back then there was a menu for sure. As for starter, I can't remember.
        From what I last heard, apparently SQ has just removed the economy menus from all South-east Asian flights. Post takeoff bar/nuts service has been scrapped too on these routes. The shortest sector to get the full service is now on SIN-HKG.
        Last edited by ycp81; 22 November 2015, 11:02 PM.
        My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Thank you for the lovely TR [B]YCP81! Hanoi definitely looks modern and interesting! I observed you are a food lover in your various TRs and you will always attempt to discover and taste the respective local delights 👍

Agree that SQ is cutting back on catering on regional flights. Was on SQ910/917 last week and other than the limited BTC selection,the onboard selection is really small and limited. Dessert is limited to one choice (Sorbet outbound and a slice of cake inbound). No cheese selection or fruits were offered although there is ample flying time (3hours) And the Chilean sea bass was poorly presently with a mess of French beans. I hope more passengers will feedback that the regional catering cutback is seriously affecting the expectation of travelers that placed SQ as their preferred choice of carrier.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonitan View Post
            Agree that SQ is cutting back on catering on regional flights. Was on SQ910/917 last week and other than the limited BTC selection,the onboard selection is really small and limited. Dessert is limited to one choice (Sorbet outbound and a slice of cake inbound). No cheese selection or fruits were offered although there is ample flying time (3hours) And the Chilean sea bass was poorly presently with a mess of French beans. I hope more passengers will feedback that the regional catering cutback is seriously affecting the expectation of travelers that placed SQ as their preferred choice of carrier.
            Think this similar to what was served 5yrs back on SIN-MNL flights. (See my TR http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11266 ) Only difference was that main courses were nicely plated then, compared to now on pre-plated dishes. Also, after take-off drinks and nuts were served then. Heard this has been scrapped?

My Travel Map

Comment

Hi ycp81,

Another enjoyable report with great photos.

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
              Overflying Changi, with the eastern part of Singapore also in clear view.

These photos truly demonstrate how tiny an island we live in. Less than 2000m above ground and the entire Singapore can be seen.

Should have taken one of the older cards off the previous flight as a souvenir!
              I wonder what prompted them to change the design/layout of the safety cards? To match the color scheme of the new cabins?

Lunch was served shortly after departure. No pre-lunch beverage/nuts service was offered and it seems that SQ has also scrapped the Economy menus on this sector
              I suspect SQ may have scrapped all pre-meal beverage/peanut service on short haul flights. I've not seen it on any of my recent flights that were under 4 hours flying time.

Interestingly, menus are still distributed on flights to MNL (just above 3 hours) and HKG. I don't recall HAN flights ever having menus in Y though - my last flight to/from HAN was in 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
                Hi ycp81,

I suspect SQ may have scrapped all pre-meal beverage/peanut service on short haul flights. I've not seen it on any of my recent flights that were under 4 hours flying time.

Interestingly, menus are still distributed on flights to MNL (just above 3 hours) and HKG. I don't recall HAN flights ever having menus in Y though - my last flight to/from HAN was in 2008.
                Seems like a recent thing that pre-meal beverage/peanut service was scrapped. As for HAN, I was quite sure the route had menus in economy earlier this year. Now all are gone on South-east Asian routes effective recently I think.

My Travel Map

Comment

Working...
                X