Show Me The Money...: No. of PPS Members Remaining After the Cull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show Me The Money...: No. of PPS Members Remaining After the Cull

I would think that the grace period for the old qualification criteria for QPPs is coming to an end in October 2008 - does anyone know what the projections are how many QPPs will be able to requalify through PPS value?

not sure that you could get your hands on commercially sensitive data like that, but hey, doesn't stop anyone from guessing. So my guess is 39.434% .

Comment

I am venturing a guess. SQ indicated that in the past expenditures of between SGD 9K - 30K per year expenditure to get PPS. The average expenditure will SGD 19,500 per year (Mean or 50%). At SGD 25,000...the proportion of Passengers to renew PPS Status will be 23.8%. Based on members trying harder to qualify and higher prices of tickets, we upped the number by 5% and we get 28.8%.

Assuming QPPS to TPPS ratio is 3:1 and with a membership of 36,000. The number of QPPS will be 27,000 and hence we will get 7,776 QPPS remaining.

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
        ... with a membership of 36,000.
        The number is much higher than that. Singapore alone had more than 20,000 PPS Club members 5 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          not sure that you could get your hands on commercially sensitive data like that, but hey, doesn't stop anyone from guessing. So my guess is 39.434% .
          Exactly.

Of course, if I were having a guess I'd say PPS numbers had possibly risen as high as 46900ish over the last couple of decades.

For TPP's, if I were to take a wild guess, I'd go for an expected reduction in numbers of..ooh...about... 49.964 - 59.435% after the penny pinching.

I wonder how much money they might be expecting to save after doing all this...?

Comment

Impressive numbers... So why the hell is it still taking so long to clear waitlists - the one benefit that should really be enhanced by all this??

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
              The number is much higher than that. Singapore alone had more than 20,000 PPS Club members 5 years ago.
              OK...Rework:

Assuming 50,000 members and 3/4 QPPS. That means 37,500 QPPS. Apply 28.8% remaining.

Result: 10,800 QPPS after the culling. Sounds like a Lucky Number in Chinese (at least to SQ)

Comment

25% reduction in total members... For Singapore, let´s say there are 15.000 QPP and 5.000 TPP left...

QPP flies every second month, TPP every third week... Makes 240 TPP and 250 QPP checking in at Changi every day... What´s the problem in getting QPP access to F lounges then???

But maybe I should tackle a smaller problem first, become a TPP and kick the mushrooms out of the Lobster Thermidor dish Anyone joining?

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post

But maybe I should tackle a smaller problem first, become a TPP and kick the mushrooms out of the Lobster Thermidor dish Anyone joining?
                  But I love the mushroom

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                    So my guess is 39.434% .

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    about... 49.964 - 59.435% after the penny pinching.
                    Originally posted by LionCity View Post
                    Apply 28.8% remaining.

See? I was close

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                      Impressive numbers... So why the hell is it still taking so long to clear waitlists - the one benefit that should really be enhanced by all this??
                      With all the culling, I am still having a hard time clearing my waitlist.
                      Come Oct 08, I hope SQ will let us lowly QPPs back into the F lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                        With all the culling, I am still having a hard time clearing my waitlist.
                        Come Oct 08, I hope SQ will let us lowly QPPs back into the F lounge.
                        Keep in mind that the effect of the culling will only be noticable after October 08 when the last courtesy QPPs are downgraded... With 25% less people fighting for seats, waitlist clearing should become easier...

Re-entry to F lounges is something worth fighting for - anyone you qualifies for QPP the hard way the first time should send a letter to the CEO asking for that enhancement... If they wanna differentiate between QPP and TPP they can still hand out entry voucher to QPP that are limited in numbers...

Is there any SQ lurker on sqtalk?

Comment

If they wanna differentiate between QPP and TPP they can still hand out entry voucher to QPP that are limited in numbers...
                          Or they could make QPPs BYO... Well that would be the only way we're gonna be drinking Krug in SKL, in the PPSV era...

Comment

Re-entry to F lounges is something worth fighting for
                            While I understand the annoyance of having something you were once entititled to taken away, I can assure you it's not with 'fighting' in any way, shape or form to get in the SKL F.

As soon as they removed the Dom from the SKL F at T2 at the time of the changes, that particular lounge dropped a large number of places in lounge rankings. The Dom (and the Krug previous to that) were virtually the only things that made it any good. It even got quite unjustifiably famous purely on the back of the Dom.

The SKL F at T3 is crap, there's no other way to describe what should be a market leading flagship lounge for the world's best airline. I agree that the waitlist clearing should hopefully get a bit easier, but you're missing nothing not getting in the SKL F. I sometimes wonder if the removal of the Dom and the poor quality SKL F at T3 were done deliberately to stop the uproar about access for QPP's...

Comment

Keep in mind that the effect of the culling will only be noticable after October 08 when the last courtesy QPPs are downgraded...
                              My QPP expires in June 2009. It was earned in August 2007, my last glory sector-run before the S$25k ruling was enacted.

Comment

Working...
                              X