AMEX Krisflyer Ascend Credit Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by young View Post
    heh i just signed up for 2x Chase cards here last month in the US (w/o a SS too) and i have about 100k United + VA miles in my account already.

can't go back to earning a paltry 5k miles with SG cards again
    so it's possible to sign for CC with no SS in the US? are there any requirements that must be met before approval?

Comment

I was given the 5000 miles even though I hold a KrisFlyer Gold card which has been cancelled long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by polarbear View Post
        I was given the 5000 miles even though I hold a KrisFlyer Gold card which has been cancelled long ago.
        How long ago was it cancelled.

I called Amex the other day and they said i would not earn although i had cancelled my KF Gold 2 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
          How long ago was it cancelled.

I called Amex the other day and they said i would not earn although i had cancelled my KF Gold 2 years ago.
          I got the 5000 miles. Converting from my existing KF gold to Ascend.

Comment

I was shopping for an Energizer battery pack at SITEX 2013 (computer exhibition) today when I came across AMEX's booth. This girl approached me and I was sold. I am not a PPS Clubmember so the complimentary lounge access is useful to me. I have an existing AMEX Krisflyer Gold card so even a marginal upgrade from S$1.60/mile to S$1.20/mile is an incentive. Let's see if I receive the bonus 5,000 miles. I have an ANZ Travel Card too, which I use when merchants do not have AMEX as an option.

Comment

Originally posted by Exotic View Post
              I was shopping for an Energizer battery pack at SITEX 2013 (computer exhibition) today when I came across AMEX's booth. This girl approached me and I was sold. I am not a PPS Clubmember so the complimentary lounge access is useful to me. I have an existing AMEX Krisflyer Gold card so even a marginal upgrade from S$1.60/mile to S$1.20/mile is an incentive. Let's see if I receive the bonus 5,000 miles. I have an ANZ Travel Card too, which I use when merchants do not have AMEX as an option.
              Is there a limit on the number of times you can use the complementary lounge access? Also, can you bring a guest in with you?

Comment

Only 4 vouchers are issued per year for SATS lounge only. And you can bring in a guest, yes, but you need to use up 2 vouchers. Useful if you fly budget airlines.

Comment

Actually not just SATS Lounge but all Plaza Lounges worldwide as well.

Comment

Originally posted by lfc View Post
                    Only 4 vouchers are issued per year for SATS lounge only. And you can bring in a guest, yes, but you need to use up 2 vouchers. Useful if you fly budget airlines.
                    Thanks mate!

Comment

So fast...it's been a year since the American Express® Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card was launched and the annual was charged today:

26 Apr CARD ANNUAL FEE $240.00
                      26 Apr GST $16.80
                      $256.80
                      Statement Closing balance $256.80

I called up AMEX and the CSO was telling me how good this card was....free hotel stay and other vouchers worth up to S$500, bonus miles for spending met, free miles transfer every month etc etc etc...and I told them how good other banks' cards was like ANZ Travel Card, Citi PM etc.....many places do not welcome AMEX card etc...in the end the CSO say the card was not suitable for my lifestyle and sorry this is not a free card, the best they can do is a 50% fee waiver. So I cancelled the card!!! PLEASE DO THE SAME!!

Comment

+1

Been AmEx supporter for so long and no waiver since day 1
                        drink Coke...save water

Comment

Huh.. That's odd. I have had no issues in getting a waiver from AMEX ever year.

Comment

I did manage to get waivers every year for the membership fee of the KF Gold Amex. In the last 2 years after some service lapses they even waived the admin charge (60 SGd or so) for the KF transfers so the card was free. Still cancelled it a few months ago and don't miss it one bit. Inferior earnings across the board.

They were also praising the Ascend and that I should consider it for its great benefits and I had to burst their bubble too that it is inferior to the mileage earning potential of other banks cards so thanks but no thanks. They really couldn't grasp how their "well scripted" benefits pitch could fail so miserably.

Comment

new to collecting krisflyer points. Have just enrolled and looking forward to receiving my 1st 5k points.

Comment

I have neither paid the sub nor the admin fee since I started using the KF Gold card. And I'm not a big spender ... relatively speaking. I use it because some US websites take an Amex card without too much bother.

Comment

Working...
                                X