TG miles for KrisFlyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
    No tier bonus on TG. The tier bonus will only be accrued when flying SQ, MI or VS.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...litesilver.jsp
    Thanks dude for the info. I had guessed it, but was hoping for the best.. hahaha
    Life's A Bitch,
    Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Guys, I do have another question with regards to flying to TG. Like I mentioned, I'm flying TG to Auckland via BKK.

According to SQ's Accrual Calculator, the mileage accrual would be as follows;

SIN - AKL - SIN --> 5227 x 2 = 10454 (Excluding Bonus Tiers)

However, I do understand that since I'm flying via BKK, and that I'm changing planes, the Accrual Calculation will now be as follows;

SIN - BKK --> 880
      BKK - AKL --> 5939

As such, the total SIN - BKK - AKL - BKK - SIN --> (5939 + 880) x 2 = 13636?

Would need your help to advise if my mileage accrual would actually be 10454 or 13636?

Also, is it true that mileage for non-direct flights that does not require a plane change (for example, SIN - BKK - NRT) will only clock as SIN - NRT miles as opposed to SIN - BKK Miles + BKK to NRT Miles?

However, non-direct flights that require a plane change (assuming SIN - NRT - LAX??) will clock SIN - NRT + NRT to LAX Miles?
      Life's A Bitch,
      Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Comment

Inix - the miles you will get will be according to your boarding pass - if your boarding pass says SIN - AKL, that is the miles you will get. If you get two boarding passes (SIN - BKK and BKK - AKL), that is the miles you will get.

So in this case, I would say you will get 13636 miles.
        matt_will_fix_it

Comment

Originally posted by inix View Post
          As such, the total SIN - BKK - AKL - BKK - SIN --> (5939 + 880) x 2 = 13636?
          That sounds about right to me.

Also, is it true that mileage for non-direct flights that does not require a plane change (for example, SIN - BKK - NRT) will only clock as SIN - NRT miles as opposed to SIN - BKK Miles + BKK to NRT Miles?

However, non-direct flights that require a plane change (assuming SIN - NRT - LAX??) will clock SIN - NRT + NRT to LAX Miles?
          You'd get miles as per your ticketed routing, ie the distance between origin/s and destination/s as indicated by each segment of your ticket. It doesn't matter whether a segment involves plane change/s and/or intermediate stop/s, you'd only get miles for the most direct routing between origin and destination for that segment.

So for example if you're ticketed on SQ12 SIN-(NRT)-LAX, you'd only receive miles as if you've flown SIN-LAX directly. If you're flying SIN-NRT-LAX with different flight numbers for SIN-NRT and NRT-LAX or stopping over in NRT, you'd receive miles for both SIN-NRT and NRT-LAX.
          Last edited by KeithMEL; 11 May 2008, 10:56 PM.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Whao.... The response is soooo fast! Thanks guys for the advise... *Grin*... I'm happy.. hope I can quickly clear off my miles so that I can up myself to KF Gold.....
            Life's A Bitch,
            Love It

Comment

Whao.... The response is soooo fast! Thanks guys for the advise... *Grin*... I'm happy.. hope I can quickly clear off my miles so that I can up myself to KF Gold.....
              Be interested to hear how it goes with using TG to rack up miles on SQ.

Am thinking of jumping ship to the TG program since it seems to be more Y class friendly than SQ. I have gold card with SQ having moved from UA but the separate lounges in SIN really get up my nose!

Comment

TG ROP is not that attractive to me and i fly MEL-BKK return every month. The W and V class fares will go to 0 miles in July in ROP (already 0 in KF). You will have to fly a minimum of Q class to earn anything on TG flights. There goes your 500 miles on TG domestic sectors for the cheap tix.

At least with KF on SQ flights on the cheapest fare ex-aus there is always 100% mileage accrual and 25% tier bonus for silver and up. The downsides are there is no upgrade cert's and elite is valid for 12 months only but that doesn't worry me as i fly 50k a year anyway. Now i book J class on TG domestic for about $50 more and accrue on KF. I stick to SQ as much as I can - the Q class on TG mel/bkk is now $1230AU and SQ is usually between $1150 and $1250 for W class. For the same price i rather take the 25% bonus and 15% online reduction in points for award bookings. Plus the SQ website is lovely to use for most functions.

There are pros and cons to all programs though
                My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                  TG ROP is not that attractive to me and i fly MEL-BKK return every month. The W and V class fares will go to 0 miles in July in ROP (already 0 in KF). You will have to fly a minimum of Q class to earn anything on TG flights. There goes your 500 miles on TG domestic sectors for the cheap tix.

At least with KF on SQ flights on the cheapest fare ex-aus there is always 100% mileage accrual and 25% tier bonus for silver and up. The downsides are there is no upgrade cert's and elite is valid for 12 months only but that doesn't worry me as i fly 50k a year anyway. Now i book J class on TG domestic for about $50 more and accrue on KF. I stick to SQ as much as I can - the Q class on TG mel/bkk is now $1230AU and SQ is usually between $1150 and $1250 for W class. For the same price i rather take the 25% bonus and 15% online reduction in points for award bookings. Plus the SQ website is lovely to use for most functions.

There are pros and cons to all programs though
                  The issue here for me that its exactly the reverse. Flying direct to Auckland / Christchurch via SQ would be the most preferred, and I don't even mind that its slightly more expensive, but the problem is, it would have to add around S$500 before I can start claiming miles.

With TG, after tax, I'm expected to pay around S$1.3K, but with SQ, I can only start dreaming of flying @ S$1.6K. I can only claim miles if I'm flying for the Q Class Fare, at S$1.8K... SIGH..
                  Life's A Bitch,
                  Love It

Comment

Working...
                  X