DBS Altitude Amex Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j.lin View Post
    Kyo, is this for KF Amex Gold or PPS or Solitaire?
    KF Gold Amex is what I was referring to...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      KF Gold Amex is what I was referring to...
      Worth it!
      ________
      Mercury zephyr picture
      Last edited by j.lin; 13 March 2011, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vsepr View Post
        Thanks for your support!

I tink its not worth it to redeem miles on Economy Class..its better to redeem on Business Class or First Class...cos you get much more value out of it. For example:

A round trip ticket on SIA from Singapore to Tokyo Narita cost S$1045 in Economy Class, S$4650 in Business Class and S$7500 in First Class, all before taxes. Business Class is 445% more than Economy Class and First Class is 718% more than Economy Class.

For redemption for Saver awards roundtrip, Economy Class requires 45,000 miles, Business Class requires 70,000 miles and First Class requires 105000 miles (all before 15% discount). Business Class is 156% more than Economy Class and First Class is 233% more than Economy Class. You can't buy a Business Class ticket if you top up 56% more of what you pay in Economy Class.
        Following your analogy, flying further yields a better "distrance travelled/mile spent on award ticket" ratio as well. Eg. flying to JFK is more miles efficient than HKG

Comment

Originally posted by vsepr View Post
          8 must have credit cards to earn the most miles in Singapore (My analysis):
          Thanks vsepr for the analysis. Much appreciated!

Just wondering aloud. Should we make vsepr's post a sticky?

Comment

10x Maybank tr’eats Points for Ez-link top-up!!!

Effective 16 November 2010, Citi's clear platinum does not award 5x Citidollars for Ez-link top up anymore. The most annoying part is Citibank does not make any announcement about it, they quietly remove it. When you check your rewards points, then only you realise the Ez-link top-up does not earn 5x Citidollars...

But the good news is: WEF 1/1/2011, Maybank awards 10x tr’eats Points for Ez-link top-up!!! But the thing is, you need to pay S$10 annual fee (subject to GST) for the annual Rewards Infinite membership. But it is worth it. Because with 2 S$50 Ez-link top up, you get 1000 t'reats points and you can redeem a S$10 t'reats voucher for your Birthday month!!!...

http://info.maybank2u.com.sg/persona...-infinite.aspx

Ez-link can also be used as payment mode at 7 eleven, Guardian, Giant, Shop n Save, Singapore Post etc...hence indirectly you earn 10x rewards!!

http://www.ezlink.com.sg/retail-therapy/

http://www.ezrewards.com.sg/m3.html

You need to have more $ in your Ez-link card than the amount you wish to purchase for the transaction to go through. If you have S$5 in your Ez-link card, and you want to pay S$5.50, it will not go through.

Every S$50 top up earns you 200 KrisFlyer miles!!! (A convenience fee of S$0.25 is chargeable for each EZ-Reload top-up transaction)

Comment

Still not sure how baring in mind I only received the card in late november but just received a letter saying I was one of the first 100 people to spend 5k on the card so dbs are giving me two return Y class tickets to tokyo!

Comment

Congratulations 225!

I should have done the same... but I forgot!

Comment

Excellent news 225

Comment

Thanks guys. Trouble is though we still have to pay taxes etc and and for the small man to go so all of a sudden the free flights cost 1k. Expected as its free but its also non transferable, cant top up to mile earning flight and we were there earlier in the year!
                    The voice of reason (Mrs 225) is putting a dampener on an impromptu trip as it would have to be baby friendly. (She is correct of course!)

Comment

I made purchases with the Citi Rewards Card at Takashimaya Singapore's basement Japanese Restaurant and bakery which uses the Takashimaya credit card machine. Both Charge slip and posted charge online states: TAKASHIMAYA (S) LTD SINGAPORE SG. Department stores are suppose to earn 10x rewards but not at certain outlets in the Department store.

However, when I check the rewards page, I was calculated that I was awarded only 1x point. I called to the Citiphone hotline and the staff said the merchant code is 5814: Food, hence not eligible for 10x.

The eligible merchant code for 10x Rewards are:
                      5621 – women ready to wear
                      5699 – accessories & apparel store, miscellaneous
                      5691 – men’s, women’s clothing store
                      5631 – women accessories & specialty store
                      5651 – family clothing store
                      5611 – men and boy’s clothing and accessories store
                      5655 – sports apparel & riding apparel store
                      5641 – children & infant wear store
                      5661 – shoe store
                      5948 – leather goods & luggage
                      5311 – departmental store

The cashiers may or may not know the merchant code. You can try asking them if you not sure when making payment.

Comment

So if you take the food items and pay at a different department; say shoe store; would it be 10x?

Comment

Yes, it will be 10x.

But you can't pay at the shoe or clothes dept for food items like bakery and dine-in food...I don't think you can bring the bread from basement to level 1 to pay or walk out of the restaurant without paying...I guess the cashier will call the security guards...

Comment

So with all the new cards out there, etc. which will be the best card to have for either 1) miles, or 2) prestige, or 3) discounts ? Any one have any suggestions ?

Comment

Anyone has any idea how good the new DBS Insignia Visa card is ? how does it compare for miles & benefits, versus the Amex Centurion ?

Comment

AMEX Rewards card has a new promo for new cardholders:

Pay $50 annual fee, spend S$500 for first 3 mths and get a total of 24000 pts = 15000miles! (previously was make a charge and get 16000pts = 10000miles)

After calculating, the S$1500 you spend get extra 5000miles, 1 mile = S$0.30 or S$1=3.33miles!

From: http://www.americanexpress.com/sg/re...uffix=AAXXHKB2

Welcome bonus of 21,000 Membership Rewards Points: A welcome bonus of 21,000 Membership Rewards points will be credited into Cardmember’s Account upon reaching S$1500 spend in the first 3 months. To qualify for this welcome offer, the annual Card fee payment of S$50 is required to be paid on the American Express Rewards Card. This offer is only applicable to new and first time American Express Rewards Cardmembers. If you cancel your American Express Rewards Card within 6 months of card approval, you will be levied a cancellation charge of S$50.

24,000 Membership Rewards points: 24,000 Membership Rewards points include all of the followings:

a) the welcome bonus of 21,000 points (credited into Cardmember’s Account upon reaching S$1,500 spend in the first 3 months)
                                b) 1,500 points earned on the S$1,500 spend (S$1 = 1 point) and
                                c) 1,500 points earned (100% bonus in the first 3 months)
                                Last edited by vsepr; 22 June 2011, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X