No announcement yet.

Kindly Recommend A Taipei Hotel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be in Taipei fr 2nd to 8th Aug....any of u guys have any recommendation on which hotel to stay ? My budget is around EUR130 per nite....

Comment

Originally posted by Toffees View Post
      I will be in Taipei fr 2nd to 8th Aug....any of u guys have any recommendation on which hotel to stay ? My budget is around EUR130 per nite....
      on that budget, you can definitely get a nice hotel. are you going to taipei for business or pleasure? if business, where will you be working primarily. if pleasure, you have a lot of options. shangri-la, grand hyatt, sheraton, westin, and sherwood can all be had on certain days of the week for that amount. hyatt and shangri-la are closest to taipei 101.

Comment

Tango-nanshi is a very good hotel which i recommend...i will bet on my cheap life you will not regret...do check it out....

Comment

Taipei Hotels to Recommend

Could not find any thread related to Taipei, so can anyone recommend some good hotels in Taipei? Are hotels like Shangri La Far Eastern Plaza, Sheraton and Westin convenient or any other hotels to recommend?

Thanks.

Comment

Lots of discussion took place in a similar thread a couple of years back:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4479

However much (if not all) of the content remains current and relevant.

Comment

Actually, after rereading the entire thread, I think the content is quite relevant (other than the pricing) and keeps the discussion in one place.

Motion to merge.
              HUGE AL

Comment

Threads merged.

Please post any updates / new advice on this thread.

jjpb3
                Last edited by jjpb3; 2 March 2010, 06:40 PM.
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                  Could not find any thread related to Taipei, so can anyone recommend some good hotels in Taipei? Are hotels like Shangri La Far Eastern Plaza, Sheraton and Westin convenient or any other hotels to recommend?

Thanks.
                  I've stayed at Sheraton, Shangri-la before and just stayed last month at the Grand Formosa Regent. I find the Regent the best among the three.

Comment

Originally posted by benlee View Post
                    I've stayed at Sheraton, Shangri-la before and just stayed last month at the Grand Formosa Regent. I find the Regent the best among the three.
                    the grand formosa regent may be the best, but it is in BY FAR the worst location among the three. the sheraton is great because of its location right along the blue line, and they have pretty good rates. i love the shangri-la... the area is very quiet compared to the others, and it is just a 5 min taxi ride from taipei 101. however, it is a good 10 min walk to the mrt. i would have lunch at the grand formosa, but i definitely would not stay there if it were my first time to taipei.

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                      the grand formosa regent may be the best, but it is in BY FAR the worst location among the three. the sheraton is great because of its location right along the blue line, and they have pretty good rates. i love the shangri-la... the area is very quiet compared to the others, and it is just a 5 min taxi ride from taipei 101. however, it is a good 10 min walk to the mrt. i would have lunch at the grand formosa, but i definitely would not stay there if it were my first time to taipei.
                      Agreed. I took at tour of The Regent last month and, while the rooms were nice, the public areas kinda sucked...as did the service. And, as mentioned, let's not even get into the location.

Shangri-la is much nicer. Had some kick ass hot pot nearby. But again, location.

Westin was the best for me. Location was very good, and their furnishings are better than the Sheraton (see KeithMEL's TR).
                      HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                        Westin, baby...Westin!
                        Boy, we've come a longgg way from when this thread first started...

I was thinking if I should start a separate Starwood Taiwan thread, but decided not to in the end, because it seems all the properties are IN Taipei (or nearby)...

Does the HUGE one still support the Westin as *the* hotel of choice in Taipei? I'm about to book my Christmas - NYE plans in Taipei and need about two nights at the start of the holiday and one night to finish it off.

For those who haven't been following, Starwood now has the choice of six properties by December 2010:

1. Four Points by Sheraton Chung Ho, Taipei
                        631 Chung Cheng Road, Chung Ho City

2. Le Méridien Taipei - Opening November 01, 2010
                        38 SongRen Road
                        Xinyi District

3. Sheraton Taipei Hotel
                        12 Zhong Xiao East Road
                        Sec 1 R.O.C.

4. The Westin Taipei
                        133 Nanjing East Road
                        Section 3

5. Sheraton Hsinchu Hotel, Taiwan
                        No. 265, Dong Sec. 1
                        Guangming 6th Rd

6. W Taipei - Opening December 28, 2010
                        No. 10, Section 5, Zhongxiao East Road
                        Xinyi District
                        Taipei, 110 Taiwan

I'm leaning towards the W TPE for NYE... that oughta be fun, but am tossing up between all the alternatives (LM, Sheraton and Westin ).

Since the LM isn't even open yet, I'll have to wait for someone to visit first, but how about locations-wise? Which one's near the 101 building? Preferably walkable back to the hotel in a slightly inebriated state...

Thanks in advance!

Comment

I stayed at the Westin last weekend. My second stay and upgraded again to the same tired suite (although the pillows are absolutely huge!). The decor badly needs freshening up. I also find the location of the Westin (133 Nanjing East Road) to be a boring area compared to where my friend stayed (he stays in Taipei a few times each month) and as recommended also by SQ_0303 above:

Originally posted by SQ_0303 View Post
                          Tango-nanshi is a very good hotel which i recommend...i will bet on my cheap life you will not regret...do check it out....
                          Tango Nanshi is a little boutique in a better location (No 3 Nanjing West Road) compared to the Westin - lots around and very near Zhongshan station. The hotel is also newer and much more trendy than the faded Westin. The room was a bit small but fine (quite hi-tech). About 40% cheaper than the Westin too.

If I'm not after the SPG stay credit or the 4pm checkout, I'd have no problem (and would probably prefer) staying at the Tango Nanshi.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                            Does the HUGE one still support the Westin as *the* hotel of choice in Taipei? I'm about to book my Christmas - NYE plans in Taipei and need about two nights at the start of the holiday and one night to finish it off.

6. W Taipei - Opening December 28, 2010
                            No. 10, Section 5, Zhongxiao East Road
                            Xinyi District
                            Taipei, 110 Taiwan
                            W is closer to Taipei 101 than the Westin. Not sure on how close it is to the MRT. Shopping and upscale restaurants are abound as Xinyi is the hip place with expensive land where all the politicians and celebrities live. Warner Bros. Cinema, Mitstukoshi, Sogo, and the Grand Hyatt are all nearby.

Westin is an older neighborhood, but still a good location.

Taipei 101 organizes the NYE fireworks celebration for Taipei. You should be able to see fireworks from the hotel. Check out FiFi Restaurant in the Eslite Bookstore.

Xinyi is more fun to stay as a tourist. Westin is more for business people.

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                            Tango Nanshi is a little boutique in a better location (No 3 Nanjing West Road) compared to the Westin - lots around and very near Zhongshan station. The hotel is also newer and much more trendy than the faded Westin. The room was a bit small but fine (quite hi-tech). About 40% cheaper than the Westin too.

If I'm not after the SPG stay credit or the 4pm checkout, I'd have no problem (and would probably prefer) staying at the Tango Nanshi.
                            jhm, this Tango Nanshi looks nice. I do hate it when companies think they're cool by using TONS of crappy Flash that is confusing to navigate, though...
                            HUGE AL

Comment

stayed at Tango Nanshi a month ago, it's FABULOUS! Highly recommended. Love the jacuzzi with tv and great features like surround sound entertainment system.

breakfast was poor though.
                              My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Me considering a few hotels for my trip to Taipei in March 2011 for bridal photoshoot. Will look into Tango Nanshi as one of my choices. Should be looking to stay in 2 hotels at Taipei(probably Caesar Park + cheaper 1 boutique hotel). One just for sleeps during photoshoot day/period as no time to go play.

Anyone who stayed in the below hotels mind giving any feedbacks?

1) Caesar Park Taipei
                                right next to Taipei station
                                Near photoshoot bridal studio.

2) Liyuan hotel
                                Near MRT and Shida night market
                                Near photoshoot bridal studio.
                                Last edited by fone; 6 October 2010, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X