This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
    Congrats on getting KF Gold and reinforcing the concensus that it only requires 50K miles to get KF Gold.

Congrats and welcome to SQTalk, curiousm.
    Last edited by jjpb3; 25 February 2009, 02:46 PM.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Congrats on getting KF Gold and reinforcing the concensus that it only requires 50K miles to get KF Gold.
      Certain individuals still insist it's 75k regardless of concensus...

Comment

• can i add something here? in my case i was ES for 2007 and 2008. My membership year is Feb-Jan. In 2009 Feb i qualified for EG. If i look back at my flying i realised that i would have qualified for EG mid 2008 if they used a 12 month time frame dating back to mid 2007.

I never read SQT until Jan 2009 so he may have a point....

Comment

• Hi Guys
          I have a near similar question. I re-qualified for ESilver in Feb 2008 - has been ES for many yrs but nvr accrued enough for EGold. I discovered this mth that I have 43,700 EMiles, ie. abt 7k miles to EG. And I'm scheduled for a SIN-SYD-SIN flight in March which will clearly bring me to EG. But my online statement has wiped out the EMiles, prob cos its Feb again.

My question - any way to extend the EMiles window till April so that i cld qualify EG with the SIN-SYD? anyone think good chance if i call in to appeal? thanks in advance

Comment

• Appeals have worked for some in the past, but there is no hard and fast rule. Do give it a try and report back if successful or not, however.

Comment

• Originally posted by jammed View Post
              Hi Guys
              I have a near similar question. I re-qualified for ESilver in Feb 2008 - has been ES for many yrs but nvr accrued enough for EGold. I discovered this mth that I have 43,700 EMiles, ie. abt 7k miles to EG. And I'm scheduled for a SIN-SYD-SIN flight in March which will clearly bring me to EG. But my online statement has wiped out the EMiles, prob cos its Feb again.

My question - any way to extend the EMiles window till April so that i cld qualify EG with the SIN-SYD? anyone think good chance if i call in to appeal? thanks in advance
              If your Sin - SYD has been ticketed, send the eticket no to KF appealing. Good luck

Comment

• thanks for the suggestion. I called up KF and they said i'll hear from them in 3 working days. Really hoping to qualify cos as a lowly civil servant, i only fly Y, even those super long flights, like to LAX and EWR when SQ had direct from SIN. keeping fingers crossed; will update when i hear from them.

Comment

• Bumped into a friend on my flight yesterday; talked about KFG qualification, he got automatically upgraded to *G after achieving another 25k on top of his *S 25k in the same qualification period.
                  Last edited by Nick C; 2 March 2009, 03:09 PM.

Comment

• there's a thing called "silent tracking" u see.

Comment

• Not quite qualifying EG for the first time, but...:

I've got a little more than 50,000 KF elite miles for the 2008/2009 qual year, almost all in C/J on other Star Alliance partners, and 0 on SQ. Obviously means that I won't be requalifying for PPS when my PPS calendar year ends in June/July 2009 but would be KF Gold in 2009/2010 due to accumulating the necessary KF elite miles in 2008/2009.

Questions are:
                      1. From which date would my new KF Gold status be active? In other words, would my KF Gold qualifying year be the 12mth period from June/July, or the old 1 April to 31 March 12mth period?
                      2. Given that there is no intention on my part to requal for PPS nor use whatever is left of PPS privileges in my remaining months, does anyone reckon that Krisflyer be amenable to a request from me to send me my KF Gold card early before June/July?

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny Bhoy View Post
                        Not quite qualifying EG for the first time, but...:

I've got a little more than 50,000 KF elite miles for the 2008/2009 qual year, almost all in C/J on other Star Alliance partners, and 0 on SQ. Obviously means that I won't be requalifying for PPS when my PPS calendar year ends in June/July 2009 but would be KF Gold in 2009/2010 due to accumulating the necessary KF elite miles in 2008/2009.

Questions are:
                        1. From which date would my new KF Gold status be active? In other words, would my KF Gold qualifying year be the 12mth period from June/July, or the old 1 April to 31 March 12mth period?
                        2. Given that there is no intention on my part to requal for PPS nor use whatever is left of PPS privileges in my remaining months, does anyone reckon that Krisflyer be amenable to a request from me to send me my KF Gold card early before June/July?
                        1) It would be based on 12 mth period from June/July.
                        2) Why would you need it earlier since your PPS card is valid an extra month which will grant you the lounge access, etc?

Comment

1) It would be based on 12 mth period from June/July.
                          2) Why would you need it earlier since your PPS card is valid an extra month which will grant you the lounge access, etc?
                          Thanks for the quick reply.

I might want the KF Gold card earlier because I might be out of SIN for a long time when the PPS card expires (including the extra month) and I might be in a locale where snail mail or even email will be problematic. Anyhoo, not too big a deal.

Comment

• hi Guys
                            just to close the loop that i have been granted EG after completing a SIN-SYD. I called up KF to appeal as suggested by Kyo and SuperJJ, making reference to ticketed SIN-SYD and was told I actually needed only 3k + miles to qualify tho they will need to appeal for a 1 mth extension of my qualifying period. Was asked to call back KF after i made my SIN-SYD, which I did, and subsequently, was qualified to EG. Challenge now is to stay qualified in EG, given that my flights are in Y =\.

thanks for the suggestions guys!

Comment

• jammed, great to hear you managed to get yourself out of a jam.

Good luck requalifying too!

Comment

• you are Kyorny man

Comment

Working...
                                X