• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing SKL when not flying SQ

jhm
    SQTalk PPS Club

Accessing SKL when not flying SQ
    « Thread started on: Oct 14th, 2006, 04:16am »

I'll be flying from LHR T4 tomorrow. If I have time, I thought it might be fun to check out the SKL in T3 as I've never been there and it seems I can move between terminals airside:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...48#post6527448

However:

1 do they need to see my BP ?

2 if they do, is there a requirement that I depart on a flight from the same terminal ?
    Last edited by shortfinals; 1 November 2006, 01:11 PM.

jjpb3
    Founding SQTalker

Re: Accessing SKL when not flying SQ
    « Reply #1 on: Oct 14th, 2006, 05:27am » I read post #6 as saying you do need a BP from a flight departing in T3, which you won't have.

You and I have very different notions of 'fun', jhm. I don't think I'd classify the inter-terminal transfer process at LHR in that category.

I personally don't think the LHR SKL C is special enough for me to want to put myself through that process. Is there no Golden Bird flight in the near term for you to hold off on your plans?

Comment

jhm
      SQTalk PPS Club

I think my brain may be fried (it's Friday!) but I read post 6 as saying that a BP isn't required on the bus and the previous post as saying that a BP isn't required before getting on the bus.

It's a choice between shlepping up and down buses to visit the SKL or staying put in the BA lounge at T4. In any event, I'm off to CDG which IMO is even less "fun" than LHR!

Unlike you (enjoy!), my next Golden Bird flights aren't until X'mas and then only short hops back and forth across the English channel.

Comment

jjpb3
        Founding SQTalker

on Oct 14th, 2006, 05:54am, jhm wrote:I think my brain may be fried (it's Friday!) but I read post 6 as saying that a BP isn't required on the bus and the previous post as saying that a BP isn't required before getting on the bus.

My reading was that the BP is required after the bus. But don't pay too much attention to me: it could very well be that my brain is way more fried than yours, and I'm merely on autopilot preparing for my holiday.

on Oct 14th, 2006, 05:54am, jhm wrote:It's a choice between shlepping up and down buses to visit the SKL or staying put in the BA lounge at T4. In any event, I'm off to CDG which IMO is even less "fun" than LHR!
        Ugh. CDG: my sympathies on your upcoming travel experience. Horrid airport to go with an enchanting city.
        « Last Edit: Oct 14th, 2006, 06:31am by jjpb3 »

Comment

shortfinals
          Founding SQTalker

IIRC - a BP is required, but not necessarily one from the right terminal.

I've been from T3 to T4 on the bus (for a bit of a wander), then back to T3. I don't see why it can't work in reverse.

Personally though, I can't see running across to T3 just for the SKL a worthwhile venture

Comment

jhm
            SQTalk PPS Club

OK - I'll heed your and jjpb3's advice and stay in T4 munching on my cornflakes.

So what was so interesting in T4 which made you want to wander there ? More shops ?

Comment

shortfinals
              Founding SQTalker

on Oct 14th, 2006, 08:02am, jhm wrote:So what was so interesting in T4 which made you want to wander there ? More shops ?

nah..... concorde

Comment

JPB
                SQTalker

Even if you got there I am fairly certain that you would be refused access as the BAA rule at LHR is that you are only allowed access to lounges in the terminal you are departing from. IIRC there have been threads onthat other place from people who had done the T1 to T2 walk to go to the Senator lounge but been refused entry because of the above rule even though Senators have an access anytime policy.

Comment

CGK
                  Founding SQTalker

Re: Accessing SKL when not flying SQ
                  « Reply #8 on: Oct 18th, 2006, 02:17am »
                  I just took AA departing from T3. I went to SKL. In fact DeltaFlyingProf showed his QPP card and BP, it was okay; but then I showed mine and the ladies asked whether we were together, and I said yes. So, they took my card only, and wrote it down in the visit list. Well at least we got into F section.

Comment

Working...
                  X