Citibank Prestige Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citibank Prestige Card

Much as I hate the pretentious name of this credit card, it potentially gives the most miles, provided you've a long tenure with Citi, and have a Citigold/ Private Client relationship with them.

http://www.citibank.com.sg/gcb/credi...rCode=SGCPCNAV

Interesting. The annual bonus can be substantial.

Comment

It's not a first year free card. Must pay the S$535 annual fee once card is issued.

Comment

Looks like they are introducing the same card in Malaysia as well..

Comment

Originally posted by vsepr View Post
          It's not a first year free card. Must pay the S$535 annual fee once card is issued.
          You get a bunch of miles though. In that way, it's like HSBC's card, without the airport transfer, VIP terminal etc etc, but with best-in-class (in most spend categories) miles earning rate. In a way, it works well for frequent biz travelers who expense their airport transfers anyway, and have frequent flyer status, and perhaps even the APEC card.

Comment

*BREAKING NEWS*

Saw this in my May 2014 Citibank statement:

For cardholders of the old Citibank Platinum VISA/MasterCard which is no longer issued:

WEF 01 July 2014, you will no longer earn 5x rewards for supermarket purchases. You will continue to earn 5x rewards at departmental stores.

Shocking news from citibank: wef 01 july 2014, you will not earn any rewards points or citimiles when you pay your bills at AXS with citibank cards!!
            Last edited by vsepr; 26 May 2014, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
              Interesting. The annual bonus can be substantial.
              No, the annual bonus is actually a scam:

Let's say you qualify for a 10% bonus and you spent 80,000 SGD.

Your loyalty bonus is 10% of your spend, here: 8,000 SGD.

You get the same amount of CitiDollar, here: 8,000

You can convert that into Krisflyer miles, here: 3,200

I looked at my statement and fell of my chair. Next thing: I cancelled my card. I never heard from Citi again.

Comment

What's the conversion rate from CITImiles to KF miles ?
                Other than the bonus (which comes at a price - the fee), this card doesn't seems very interesting ?
                Looked at the Amex ASCEND, then the ANZ... UOB PRVI is still the best, no question.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                  No, the annual bonus is actually a scam:

Let's say you qualify for a 10% bonus and you spent 80,000 SGD.

Your loyalty bonus is 10% of your spend, here: 8,000 SGD.

You get the same amount of CitiDollar, here: 8,000

You can convert that into Krisflyer miles, here: 3,200

I looked at my statement and fell of my chair. Next thing: I cancelled my card. I never heard from Citi again.
                  Hang on, are you referring to Citi Prestige? So, what's the best card to use in that case? I've diverted all my spending there the past 12 months!

Comment

Originally posted by vsepr View Post
                    *BREAKING NEWS*

Saw this in my May 2014 Citibank statement:

For cardholders of the old Citibank Platinum VISA/MasterCard which is no longer issued:

WEF 01 July 2014, you will no longer earn 5x rewards for supermarket purchases. You will continue to earn 5x rewards at departmental stores.

Shocking news from citibank: wef 01 july 2014, you will not earn any rewards points or citimiles when you pay your bills at AXS with citibank cards!!
                    That one suc*s big time. The only reason I still have that card is for exactly that purpose to get 5x points (2mls) per S$ spend at grocery stores. I don't spend that much at department stores so value of the card would be significantly reduced.

Thanks for highlighting, I would have never spotted that.

Comment

Ditch the citi plat. If you use paywave at Fairprice/ Sheng Shiong, you get 10X (4 miles)/ dollar with UOB PPV.

For the "Prestige" Card, it earns 1.4 miles on local spend and 2 miles on foreign spend. ANZ Travel is also 1.4 miles for local spend/ UOB VISA Signature is 4 miles on foreign spend (caveat: spend must be between SGD1K - SGD2k per statement month for the 4 miles/ dollar to kick in)

They have also removed the Esso 6% rebate for Prestige so the card has been banished to my drawer. I'm going to SPC (lucky to have ESSO and SPC near my place) with UOB VISA/ MasterCard for a straight up 21% discount when you fill up a $50 (gross amount).

Comment

Well I use my EzLink at Cold Storage (linked to Maybank Horizon - I have RI) which also yields 4mls/S$. Otherwise for local spend I use the Citi PM Amex for 1.4mls/S$ and the Citi Plat for the groceries or department stores (except Taka for up to 50$ still use EzLink).

I got a Citi Prestige invite but passed on it.

I don't have any UOB cards and really don't like that bank But then 4mls/S$ is a good argument to overcome that animosity and I do shop at FairPrice now as there is a new Finest one nearby these days.

Just to get this right, with the UOB PPV new rules as of Jul 1, 2014 I can spend basically around 2.4K SGD per year on PayWave or online transactions for the 4mls per dollar right? After that not that interesting I gather.

Thanks.
                        Last edited by demue; 11 June 2014, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                          Hang on, are you referring to Citi Prestige? So, what's the best card to use in that case? I've diverted all my spending there the past 12 months!
                          Cancel. They didn't even respond to my feedback.

Comment

Then I've got no idea which card to turn to... (what exactly were you seeking feedback for, anyway?)

I've gotten quite a few freebies from the card, and I thought I was getting more miles too due to relationship history

Comment

What's your question? ANZ Travel Card.

Comment

Working...
                              X