No announcement yet.

When does SQ start to clear waitlists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July this year, had 2 waitlisted J class seats for SIN-LHR cleared 9 days before departure.

This month, had 2 waitlisted J class seats for SIN-ICN clear 8 days before departure.

KF Blue

Comment

Just had my "O" class waitlist cleared 2.5 weeks before departure: MEL - SIN

Although not a definitive indication of load, 7 out of 12 Suites have already been occupied according to the online seat map. I'm the 8th passenger to select a seat.

Comment

Originally posted by KFly View Post
        Just had my "O" class waitlist cleared 2.5 weeks before departure: MEL - SIN

Although not a definitive indication of load, 7 out of 12 Suites have already been occupied according to the online seat map. I'm the 8th passenger to select a seat.
        My "O" class waitlist cleared ex SYD 3.5 weeks out. Had a backup booking out of MEL for same dates as SYD flights were looking tight (J and Y very full) so surprised it cleared!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonSYD View Post
          SYD flights were looking tight (J and Y very full) so surprised it cleared!
          Even if J and Y are fully booked, you could still be the only passenger in Suites This is SQ we're talking about!

Comment

I am travelling SIN-JFK in early Oct. Currently I have a saver J confirmed redemption for Sin-Frankfurt on an earlier flight and then a 6 hour layover before the Frankfurt to JFK leg. I am waitlisted for a saver J ticket for the "direct" Sin-Frankfurt-JFK flight (essentially it's a waitlist for the later Sin-Frankfurt flight). The ticketing deadline is 8 Sept and I am told I can't be waitlisted for the later Sin-Frankfurt flight once tickets are issued. Does anyone know how to get around this? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Here's hoping my waitlists clear for 2 F savers ICNSIN in Dec.

Update
              almost 3 weeks after my waitlist, it finally cleared!
              Last edited by kaysquare; 23 September 2013, 02:50 PM. Reason: Updated

Comment

Originally posted by kaysquare View Post
                Here's hoping my waitlists clear for 2 F savers ICNSIN in Dec.
                Hoping the best for you. That's a hot route but manged to clear 3 J wait listed seats few days before the flight.

Comment

I was SINPVG waitlisted on 388 in J. Made the booking at night 2200hrs, and it cleared when I woke up in the morning.

Ok, I think it helps that China flights are having light loads. Still shows Z4C4J4D4 on expertflyer though.

Comment

I just tried doing a dummy booking for a Business Saver award from SIN-SYD across a random selection of dates in February, June, August and September next year and every flight is showing waitlist only. What gives? Is this the standard way Saver awards are processed by the system?

Comment

Originally posted by eminere™ View Post
                      I just tried doing a dummy booking for a Business Saver award from SIN-SYD across a random selection of dates in February, June, August and September next year and every flight is showing waitlist only. What gives? Is this the standard way Saver awards are processed by the system?
                      My guess is that SQ is trying to prioritise who gets the Saver J awards.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                        My guess is that SQ is trying to prioritise who gets the Saver J awards.
                        I'm currently waitlisted on flights from SYD to SIN in December and returning in January and am keeping my fingers crossed they go through... Of course understanding this is the peak travel season of the year.

Comment

When waitlisted, check manually for availability

SQ has its own peculiarities.
                          I ws on a recent sector from CPH to SIN waiting for the availability to be loaded in the system. You can actually waitlist a day before the availability is loaded.
                          What I suspected is that when the seats were loaded, the waitlist would not clear automatically.

I suspect there is a manual process somewhere, so what then happened was that while on ws for 2 biz saver, I was able to get 2 confirmed biz savers.

So it pays to actually check if more seats become available despite the fact that you are on the waitlist, don't expect it to clear automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnSIN View Post
                            SQ has its own peculiarities.
                            I ws on a recent sector from CPH to SIN waiting for the availability to be loaded in the system. You can actually waitlist a day before the availability is loaded.
                            What I suspected is that when the seats were loaded, the waitlist would not clear automatically.

I suspect there is a manual process somewhere, so what then happened was that while on ws for 2 biz saver, I was able to get 2 confirmed biz savers.

So it pays to actually check if more seats become available despite the fact that you are on the waitlist, don't expect it to clear automatically.
                            So do you mean we should just keep checking manually and try to make a new redemption booking each time?

Comment

14 days out.. Miraculously, waitlisted flights in J have cleared. And I do mean flightS.

Comment

Originally posted by kaysquare View Post
                                14 days out.. Miraculously, waitlisted flights in J have cleared. And I do mean flightS.
                                Wouldn't call that "miraculous" as it's fairly close to the departure date, unless you're sure the flights are booked solid. If i were planning a trip that's cutting it too close as I'd be panicking by then.

Comment

Working...
                                X