Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
    Not to worry. Nothing special.

Danke of the nice pics. So you'd recommend it again?
    The product is most definitely on par with other GH's though nothing spectacular. Holding Plat. status made the stay (a tad bit) more worthwhile.

EDIT: on par, if not superior. I'm not used to staying in many top-of-the-line hotels being only 17 but I was impressed.
    Last edited by viraj735; 6 September 2012, 04:18 PM.
    The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Club photos as follows.

Overview of lounge spread.

Whilst sitting here I remember thinking "Gosh, I'm pretty lucky to be sitting here." Times like these make me count my blessings.

Comment

Originally posted by viraj735 View Post

Walking past the elevator one will meet these cubicles, all equipped with international power ports.

The inside of the said cubicles.
        I wonder where they got their inspiration from...

Hint: Perhaps a HKG-based carrier?

Comment

Wonder if it is genuine or faux ostrich leather.

Comment

Complimentary snacks that I tore through!
            I dig those French jars.

Funny how the first shot shows them full; and the next, empty.

Awesome JBL dock, got plenty of use from me!
            I'm curious what all the hotels will do once the iP5 is released next week with its new connection.

Holding Plat. status made the stay (a tad bit) more worthwhile.
            Did they upgrade you? Any other perks extended?
            HUGE AL

Comment

I dig those French jars.

Funny how the first shot shows them full; and the next, empty.

I'm curious what all the hotels will do once the iP5 is released next week with its new connection.

Did they upgrade you? Any other perks extended?

Yeah I was suprised at the inclusion of the docks so close to the release date of the new product. I wonder what the arrangement is with JBL.

Not sure if this qualifies but we received a club invitation letter on our desk however at check in we weren't informed of any upgrade and our keys didn't work for the club floor. We went up to the reception and asked them to grant us access to club floor and showed them the invitation. It took a couple of bewildered looks and the keys were reprogrammed and we were good to go.

Comment

Thanks for the pictures. It looks pretty decent but it will have to be good if they want to charge the prices they are quoting in KL.

I'll try and give it a go at some point. Most of my flying visits to KL see me in the Hilton or LM at KL Sentral for the convenience of getting around.

Comment

The same ones in they use for Grand Hyatt Singapore for Executive Floor...nice photos though..

Bathroom amenities from June Jacobs. Never heard of them.

Comment

I stayed here for a night last week, and can't quite make my mind up about the place.

The Good
                    - Nice club lounge
                    - Great views, especially from Lobby and Lounge but you should tell them what view you require as not all face the towers if that's what you want
                    - Rooms are very nice
                    - Finaly a Hyatt option in KL!
                    - Location, although this has it's advantages and disadvantages

The Not So
                    - Dual lift system to get to rooms, not my favourite system...I may have mentioned this before....
                    - Staff seem a little 'too much' a la certain St Regis Hotels I could mention. Some will like this, I'm not a fan
                    - Prices seem a little high for KL, time will tell
                    - Location, as above advantages and disadvantages depending why you are in KL

Comment

MAN Flyer, I take it you've requalified for Diamond?
                      HUGE AL

Comment

That looks like a nice, bright club lounge. Thanks for the pictures

Hyatt's my favorite hotel chain so I think I'll settle for this when I'm KL in 2 weeks

Comment

MAN Flyer, I take it you've requalified for Diamond?
                          Not yet, but after deciding at the beginning of the year that one of the three had to give (and HGP Diamond was it) I find myself close enough to requalification to have me doing it again. A week at the PH Hamburg last momth and a quick visit to the PH in Sydney last week also persuaded me...

This is the last year though. They've made it quite clear that non-US residents are not particularly welcome at HGP, and that's their call to make.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                            They've made it quite clear that non-US residents are not particularly welcome at HGP, and that's their call to make.
                            Agreed and completely understand your sentiments. However, the bonuses they give to USA residents is something I RARELY get to partake in as well.

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                            Not yet, but after deciding at the beginning of the year that one of the three had to give (and HGP Diamond was it) I find myself close enough to requalification to have me doing it again. A week at the PH Hamburg last momth and a quick visit to the PH in Sydney last week also persuaded me...
                            How was the reno at the PH Sydney? It was in DESPERATE need...especially after their GM left to a consultancy gig in Dubai.

And will the GHKL see more of your business, or do you think the rates need to come down first?
                            HUGE AL

Comment

How was the reno at the PH Sydney?
                              They did a good job! Rooms look a lot better and the pool deck is nicer, too. The new rooftop suites are spectacular.

More reviews and pics on FT:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...er-thread.html

Park Hyatt and Diamond is the perfect combination.

Comment

How was the reno at the PH Sydney? It was in DESPERATE need...especially after their GM left to a consultancy gig in Dubai.

And will the GHKL see more of your business, or do you think the rates need to come down first?
                                As SMK77 says, the refurb is great. They have put more stuff in the rooms so they appear to have a little less space but it's fine for me. The main thing was getting rid of all the steel on the outside. One slight disappointment is the old bar at the far end of the building has beed refurbed and has an outdoor terrace but it is for private functions only, which is a shame.

As for the GHKL, I can't see me going there that much. Most of my stays in KL are at Hilton and LM as I need to be at KL Sentral for convenience to the customer we visit the most. We had a couple of our guys in LM for four months this year. Aside from that I really like the Westin, especially the new lounge there.

Comment

Working...
                                X