UOB PRVI Miles Platinum American Express® Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vsepr View Post
    Yup, they still give 10,000 miles if you pay the annual fee of S$192.60.

Don't know what happened. Ask Citibank.
    I've spent over $50k over the last 3 years and every time they've insisted that despite my high spend, I still have to pay the annual fee. Which I do, since I like the 10,000 miles bonus.

Gives me even more reason to dump PremierMiles and move to PRVI.

Comment

since I would not spend more than 50k in a year, I guess I would stick to citipremier miles, which offers 10,000miles for renewal. Citi has also just upped the game by offering 2x miles for all overseas spending.
      My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
        since I would not spend more than 50k in a year, I guess I would stick to citipremier miles, which offers 10,000miles for renewal. Citi has also just upped the game by offering 2x miles for all overseas spending.
        Citi has also just upped the game by offering 2x miles for all overseas spending. =??

U mean Citi Premiermiles now let you earn 2.4 miles for every S$1 spent for overseas charges? Where u saw the promotion/advertisement?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          I've spent over $50k over the last 3 years and every time they've insisted that despite my high spend, I still have to pay the annual fee. Which I do, since I like the 10,000 miles bonus.

Gives me even more reason to dump PremierMiles and move to PRVI.
          Yeah for Citi Premier Miles, if you ask for annual fee waiver they will take back the 10,000 miles. So essentially you are buying 10,000 miles for $192.60
          visit my blog

Comment

Citi has also just upped the game by offering 2x miles for all overseas spending. =??

U mean Citi Premiermiles now let you earn 2.4 miles for every S$1 spent for overseas charges? Where u saw the promotion/advertisement?
            This is what I got from their web

Earn 2 Citi Miles with every S$1 overseas spend.
            Earn 1.2 Citi Miles with S$1 spent locally; 10,000 bonus Citi Miles upon renewal.
            so not really 2x bit 2 citi miles intead of 1.2 when you spend overseas
            visit my blog

Comment

I searched the Citi PM website, cannot find "Earn 2 Citi Miles with every S$1 overseas spend.".

http://www.citibank.com.sg/gcb/credi...Code=SGCPMLNAV

Can advise the link where you saw that? Thanks

Comment

I searched the Citi PM website, cannot find "Earn 2 Citi Miles with every S$1 overseas spend.".

http://www.citibank.com.sg/gcb/credi...Code=SGCPMLNAV

Can advise the link where you saw that? Thanks
                The link is the one you gave...

Top 3 reasons to get a Citibank PremierMiles Card :

1.Earn 2 Citi Miles with every S$1 overseas spend.
                Earn 1.2 Citi Miles with S$1 spent locally; 10,000 bonus Citi Miles upon renewal.
                2.Largest redemption options with 50 airlines. Instant redemption at local and overseas merchants.
                3.Your Citi Miles never expire!

Here is the screen shot
                Last edited by lingua101; 22 May 2012, 01:48 PM.
                visit my blog

Comment

This is weird. When I visit the website, it says:

Top 3 reasons to get a Citi PremierMiles Card

1.Earn 1.2 Citi Miles with every $1 spend
                  2.Up to 20,000 Citi Miles in annual bonus
                  3.Redeem flights on the most airlines, or rebates on all travel spend

Comment

vsepr, I think you may be seeing your cache version. I see the same screenshot as lingua101

Comment

Yup, I went the application site and saw that, thanks:
                      https://www.citibank.com.sg/gcb/form...e=premierMiles

2 Citi Miles with every $1 overseas
                      spend, and 1.2 Citi Miles with every
                      $1 local spend (no minimum spend
                      required); 10,000 bonus Citi Miles
                      upon renewal

But if I have Maybank Horizon VISA (5x points for overseas charges = S$1 = 2 miles), I would prefer to use Maybank because Maybank round up the points, anything greater than S$0.50 gets you 1x5 points.

Say the final S$ after conversion is S$9.50, for Citi PM, you get 18 miles, for Maybank Horizon VISA, you get 50 points = 20 miles!
                      Last edited by vsepr; 22 May 2012, 02:52 PM.

Comment

There is half page ads at toda ST on Citi Premier miles.

It says it has fast-tracked immigration privileges. Is this new benefit? I have the crds almost 5 years come this August and I did not know about this benefit...
                        visit my blog

Comment

Citi Premier Miles to ROP

Has anyone tried transferring miles to someone else's ROP account before? I read somewhere that there was previous success but can't remember where.

Comment

FX fee is high

Be careful with this card - it has a double whammy on overseas charges. First, it converts all amounts to US dollars, then does another conversion to Sing$. Then it adds the Visa charge - 1%, and another FX fee of 2.5%.

Those are very expensive miles you are collecting.

Comment

and forget privacy

Clause 13 of the Citi PremierMiles card agreement:

13. RELEASE OF INFORMATION
                              13.1 Disclosing information relating to you We may, whenever we consider it
                              in our interest, at any time and without liability to you, whether before or
                              after termination of your Card account, disclose any information relating
                              to you or any Card transaction or your Card account or any other account
                              which you may have with us (including information we obtain from third
                              parties such as any credit bureau recognized by the Monetary Authority
                              of Singapore (“MAS”) under or pursuant to the Banking Act (Chapter 19)),
                              to any third party as we may deem fit at our absolute discretion,
                              including,
                              without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, Citibank, N.A.’s
                              branches, subsidiaries and affililates worldwide, our servants, agents,
                              correspondents, and/or independent contractors; any person authorized
                              by you to operate your Card account; any person involved in facilitating,
                              effecting, processing or providing any facilities or services in respect
                              of or in connection with your Card account and/or this agreement; any
                              merchant, bank or financial institution; any government agency, statutory
                              board or authority in Singapore or elsewhere; and any other person to
                              whom we consider it in our interest to make such disclosure.

Comment

and don't be in a hurry

25$ for every redemption request and 3 weeks to process.

Seems like the Amex PPS card is a better deal if you are crediting miles frequently - automatic transfer each month without charge.

[disclaimer] I do not have any relationship with a card issuer - just tend to read the fine print.

Comment

Working...
                                X