X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UOB PRVI Miles Platinum American Express® Card

http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/cards...amex_card.html

Fastest Earn Rate
    Get to your next destination faster with the fastest way to earn air miles, no minimum spend required.

2.5 miles for every S$1 spent overseas
    1.6 miles for every S$1 spent locally
    In addition, receive a bonus 20,000 miles every year if you spend more than S$50,000 per annum.

HUGE turn off for UOB & DBS: Each conversion must be in blocks of 10,000 miles. (UNI$5000)

Awarded for every $5 spent. Need to consider the rounding off part.

Say charge S$9.90. CitiPremiermiles u earn 9x1.2=10.8 miles. UOB PRVI Miles Platinum American Express® Card u earn 4 UNI$= 8 miles!!

Unless you are able to charge in multiples of S$5 every time, or you will lose out because of the rounding off part. Say charge exactly S$10, Citi PM u get 12 miles, UOB PRVI u earn 16 miles!

If you do not create that 10,000 miles block, basically you are not earning any miles. BUT, this card is good for earning points to exchange for vouchers. For Isetan S$50 voucher, you need UNI$3060 = spend S$3825, equivalent to 1.3% rebate, similar to Citi PM at 1.2% (Every 1000 miles or S$833 spent = S$10)

Wow. looks good. this is what the altitude used to offer, but better.

Comment

I've applied - this one's worth doing

You didn't mention the limo transfer either, which seems quite popular on this site

Comment

This is not a new card right? I think I have this card but never use it.... Some where in my drawer.

Wait just notice the one I have is Preferred Platinum AMEX. Sound different card isn't it?
        visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
          This is not a new card right? I think I have this card but never use it.... Some where in my drawer
          This is a newly launched card on 16/5/2012.

Comment

Have been trying to apply online the last 2 days and have been getting a web error message at the end before final submission. Tried using IE, Safari, Firefox. So frustrating.

Anyone has any problems?

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
              This is not a new card right?
              They've had the UOB PRVI Amex for a couple of years, but that was pretty useless. This is the Platinum version which is new.

Comment

Originally posted by vsepr View Post
                Awarded for every $5 spent. Need to consider the rounding off part.

Say charge S$9.90. CitiPremiermiles u earn 9x1.2=10.8 miles. UOB PRVI Miles Platinum American Express® Card u earn 4 UNI$= 8 miles!!

Unless you are able to charge in multiples of S$5 every time, or you will lose out because of the rounding off part. Say charge exactly S$10, Citi PM u get 12 miles, UOB PRVI u earn 16 miles!
                For larger amounts (which i presume make up the bulk of our credit card spending), this rounding factor doesn't play a big role. e.g. a $103 transaction.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                  They've had the UOB PRVI Amex for a couple of years, but that was pretty useless. This is the Platinum version which is new.
                  I got confused with the other Amex fom UOB, Preferred Amex... Sorry
                  visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by ginkoka View Post
                    For larger amounts (which i presume make up the bulk of our credit card spending), this rounding factor doesn't play a big role. e.g. a $103 transaction.
                    The best so far is HSBC Infinite, no rounding....
                    visit my blog

Comment

Citi Premiermiles breaking news: "With effect from 1 July 2012, we will not be awarding an additional 10,000 Citi Miles to cardmembers who charge more than S$50,000 on their card account in any membership year. Accordingly, the last date to accumulate S$50,000 to be eligible for the additional 10,000 Citi Miles will be 30 June 2012".

=> Not a concern for me as I don't spend that much in a year.

Anyway, If I'm not wrong, DBS does do some rounding up even though it awards points for every S$5 spent.

Eg: If you charge S$8, you get 8/5= 1.6 x 3 = 4 DBS points and not 3 DBS points. Or you charge S$3, you get 3/5 = 0.6 x 3 = 1 DBS points. DBS round down the final figure after multiplying by 3, but not the first dividing part.

There aren't really many merchants that accept AMEX in Singapore such as Polyclinics, Thai Express, Din Tai Fung, vpost.com.sg, AXS machines (can pay road tax => Citibank and DBS/POSB cards only except AMEX, IRAS income & property tax => DBS/POSB cards only except AMEX), town council fees, NTUC Fairprice supermarkets (the normal ones, not Xtra/Finest), some Shop n Save supermarkets, Burger King (some outlets), McDonalds and the list goes on & on...how to support the new UOB PRVI Miles card like this?
                      Last edited by vsepr; 21 May 2012, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Citi Premiermiles breaking news: "With effect from 1 July 2012, we will not be awarding an additional 10,000 Citi Miles to cardmembers who charge more than S$50,000 on their card account in any membership year. Accordingly, the last date to accumulate S$50,000 to be eligible for the additional 10,000 Citi Miles will be 30 June 2012".

=> Not a concern for me as I don't spend that much in a year.

Anyway, If I'm not wrong, DBS does do some rounding up even though it awards points for every S$5 spent.

Eg: If you charge S$8, you get 8/5= 1.6 x 3 = 4 DBS points and not 3 DBS points. Or you charge S$3, you get 3/5 = 0.6 x 3 = 1 DBS points. DBS round down the final figure after multiplying by 3, but not the first dividing part.

There aren't really many merchants that accept AMEX in Singapore such as Polyclinics, Thai Express, Din Tai Fung, vpost.com.sg, AXS machines (can pay road tax => Citibank and DBS/POSB cards only except AMEX, IRAS income & property tax => DBS/POSB cards only except AMEX), town council fees, NTUC Fairprice supermarkets (the normal ones, not Xtra/Finest), some Shop n Save supermarkets, Burger King (some outlets), McDonalds and the list goes on & on...how to support the new UOB PRVI Miles card like this?
                        but they still give $10,000 miles every year for renewal? What happen? so many people charge more than $50,000?
                        visit my blog

Comment

Yup, they still give 10,000 miles if you pay the annual fee of S$192.60.

Don't know what happened. Ask Citibank.

Comment

Any idea where is this UOB PRIVI Amex road show?

Too lazy to print out and fill the details. Want to sign up on the roadshow. Just flash my existing card, they will fill up the rest and I just sign
                            visit my blog

Comment

Yup, they still give 10,000 miles if you pay the annual fee of S$192.60.

Don't know what happened. Ask Citibank.
                              IC.... so still can buy 10,000 miles for S$192.60. anyway I did not charge so much to the card in a year, so no change for me. Last year I got lucky. I got 10,000 miles for free
                              visit my blog

Comment

Working...
                              X