Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSBC Singapore: Purchase 1,000 KrisFlyer/Asia Miles for S$20!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can it be confirmed that this is no longer possible? I just applied for a HSBC credit card last week for this purpose

Comment

i mean as in too many people using this loophole to change to miles, and it probably cost them too much, as opposed to using it for other things in the catalog ?

Comment

I'm sure HSBC was on a profit doing this, I highly doubt they were incurring losses

Comment

There is close to no-chance that HSBC were incurring losses. If they really did, they should just close the entire bank down because a world-renowned bank shouldn't allow such a loophole to happen in the first place.

but with that said, I highly doubt they were incurring losses.

Comment

Originally posted by EdDalton View Post
            ... because a world-renowned bank shouldn't allow such a loophole to happen in the first place.
            Oh, to be young and naive again

Comment

Originally posted by GLAM82 View Post
              Can it be confirmed that this is no longer possible? I just applied for a HSBC credit card last week for this purpose
              I called in and they were still available, however the lady said she won't know how long it'll last. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Calcjr23 View Post
                I called in and they were still available, however the lady said she won't know how long it'll last. Cheers!
                Thank you for the clarification.

Comment

I remembered reading somewhere that 1 Mile generally cost the bank 1c. If this is correct, it means that they are technically making money off this. However, how much SQ likes this is another issue altogether. I mean, paying $20K for 1M might be good money to the bank, but it looks poor yield to SQ...
                  Life's A Bitch,
                  Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Originally posted by GLAM82 View Post
                    I just did it last week, so it is still there.

Comment

shucks! i called at 12.15pm today and they said I could go through them to purchase since I was not able to do so over the phone.

called back after 10 mins when I had confirmed the number of points I needed to buy for my next trip and the next CSO says they had received instructions that with effect from TODAY, the points purchase scheme is NO LONGER AVAILABLE!

Comment

Originally posted by cmy View Post
                        shucks! i called at 12.15pm today and they said I could go through them to purchase since I was not able to do so over the phone.

called back after 10 mins when I had confirmed the number of points I needed to buy for my next trip and the next CSO says they had received instructions that with effect from TODAY, the points purchase scheme is NO LONGER AVAILABLE!
                        What if you're a HSBC premier member?

Comment

Originally posted by Calcjr23 View Post
                          What if you're a HSBC premier member?
                          No one can purchase any HSBC points anymore... Gone is gone.

Comment

I tried my luck again and the CSO initially due to system maintenance, they are unable to process this request but will check with her manager if she can do it manually for me.....

Then she returned to say at this point of time, they are aren't able to do it manually too. SO, I don't know if this is the END of the scheme or they are just suspending it due to over-abuse? Haha... but shucks, i need to buy a tix for my birthday trip back after completing my SQ-RTW tix!

Comment

Also tried calling HSBC, and was also told that they were having some problems with their software or something like that. Strangely, they asked me to confirm that it was in this year's rewards program...

Comment

Are you guys referring to the purchasing of the HSBC Points or the conversion of SQ/CX Miles?

Comment

Working...
                                X