Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• % of pax on a flight PPS or KFG

Hi folks,
    Anybody has any ballpark figure of how many % of passengers on a typical flight to a popular destination like LHR or HKG are PPS or KFG members ?

I am designing a loyalty programme for my company and I want to use that as a benchmark on the proportion of customer base I want to target.

Originally posted by acey View Post
    Hi folks,
    Anybody has any ballpark figure of how many % of passengers on a typical flight to a popular destination like LHR or HKG are PPS or KFG members ?

I am designing a loyalty programme for my company and I want to use that as a benchmark on the proportion of customer base I want to target.
    The more interesting question would be how much of the total revenue SQ is making is generated with TPP, QPP, KFG...

Just looking at the % of pax on two selected flights might be misleading. Especially because the % is pretty much volatile...

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
      The more interesting question would be how much of the total revenue SQ is making is generated with TPP, QPP, KFG...

Just looking at the % of pax on two selected flights might be misleading. Especially because the % is pretty much volatile...
      Not sure about the answer. All I know (or I think I know) is that PPS Population is around 20-23 K. If each PPS has a revenue of say 27,500 as an average PPS Per Capita, it will mean SGD 632,500,000 turnover. Using an a total revenue of 2.5 Billion per Quarter it will equate to 10 Billion revenue ticket sales per annum.

This will amount about 6.325%. It mean that in terms of passenger %, it will be less than 6.325%. Half of this will be 3.1625%.

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
        Not sure about the answer. All I know (or I think I know) is that PPS Population is around 20-23 K. If each PPS has a revenue of say 27,500 as an average PPS Per Capita, it will mean SGD 632,500,000 turnover. Using an a total revenue of 2.5 Billion per Quarter it will equate to 10 Billion revenue ticket sales per annum.

This will amount about 6.325%. It mean that in terms of passenger %, it will be less than 6.325%. Half of this will be 3.1625%.
        Ahh.. but you forgot that only Business and First class tickets count towards PPS value..

Comment

SIA revenue isn't passenger revenue... Have a look at the annual report:

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...ual_report.jsp

2008-09

Passenger revenue 9,492,000,000 SGD
          "Premium Revenue" (F + J) estimated (SIA is not disclosing the mix) 4,500,000,000 SGD
          PPS Club Revenue estimated 750,000,000

That's about 17% of the revenue and pretty good given the small population of about 25K...

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
            SIA revenue isn't passenger revenue... Have a look at the annual report:

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...ual_report.jsp

2008-09

Passenger revenue 9,492,000,000 SGD
            "Premium Revenue" (F + J) estimated (SIA is not disclosing the mix) 4,500,000,000 SGD
            PPS Club Revenue estimated 750,000,000

That's about 17% of the revenue and pretty good given the small population of about 25K...
            Total Expenditure of USD 4.5 Billion seems plausible for premium class passengers. I have been figures around 40% has been suggested although 45% is probably more realistic.

J seems more full lately but F is generally still quite empty. The R Class is still something else.

On a OT note, whether R Class pricing is maintained for publicity or not, it looks significantly better in promotional videos or photos rather than the physical feel and sight. That is a let down plus the fact that the other areas associated are the same with F does not create the atmosphere of full exclusivity for R Class. Give me the skysuites anytime and is still the best product in the air from SQ. At least for skysuites you get what you see in the videos. Kudos to the person or team who planned the skysuite concepts.

Comment

Working...
            X