Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interline agreements SQ/A3 on 2 PNRs

Hello,
    I am relocating from Australia to Greece and flying on SQ via Singapore where I have a stopover for work. Final destination is CFU. SQ have been unable to book the full itinerary, i.e., MEL - SIN - FRA - ATH -CFU on one single booking. They advised that the only way to reach CFU is to get a separate ticket from ATH - CFU. Hence there are two PNRs. One for MEL-SIN-FRA-ATH (on SQ to FRA and then A3 to Athens) and one for ATH-CFU (A3/OA). I have asked about interline agreements between SQ/A3/OA so that the baggage can be checked through to CFU. The SQ agent advised that there are no interline agreements to my final destination of CFU, and that this is due to the current COVID situation (in the past, pre-COVID, I have checked my luggage all the way to CFU from SIN no problems).

Questions:
    1. Does anyone know about the current situation concerning ILAs?
    2. Assuming there are no longer ILAs to CFU, this probably means that I will have to collect all my baggage in Athens and then re-check it for the internal flight to CFU. There are 3 hours of layover but it is a nuisance to have to do this (will have substantial baggage given the relocation). Any information on re-checking from international to domestic flights at ATH?
    3. Any point discussing this directly with A3?

Thanks for reading and hopefully someone has some advice.

Cheers

Originally posted by Stripakis View Post
    Hello,
    I am relocating from Australia to Greece and flying on SQ via Singapore where I have a stopover for work. Final destination is CFU. SQ have been unable to book the full itinerary, i.e., MEL - SIN - FRA - ATH -CFU on one single booking. They advised that the only way to reach CFU is to get a separate ticket from ATH - CFU. Hence there are two PNRs. One for MEL-SIN-FRA-ATH (on SQ to FRA and then A3 to Athens) and one for ATH-CFU (A3/OA). I have asked about interline agreements between SQ/A3/OA so that the baggage can be checked through to CFU. The SQ agent advised that there are no interline agreements to my final destination of CFU, and that this is due to the current COVID situation (in the past, pre-COVID, I have checked my luggage all the way to CFU from SIN no problems).

Questions:
    1. Does anyone know about the current situation concerning ILAs?
    2. Assuming there are no longer ILAs to CFU, this probably means that I will have to collect all my baggage in Athens and then re-check it for the internal flight to CFU. There are 3 hours of layover but it is a nuisance to have to do this (will have substantial baggage given the relocation). Any information on re-checking from international to domestic flights at ATH?
    3. Any point discussing this directly with A3?

Thanks for reading and hopefully someone has some advice.

Cheers

I believe given the current pandemic situation you might not enjoy any interline agreement arrangements.

Would it be better if say you buy your ticket up to FRA and FRA-ATH-CFU on another ticket? I say this because FRA-ATH-CFU will be considered within Schengen and you will have more choices of flights and you are more likely to have bags checked through to CFU.

Do also double ensure that you are allowed to transit from MEL-SIN to the SIN-FRA aircraft while in Singapore.

Comment

Working...
    X