[LHR] VS - Clubhouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    You should be fine, porsche. See post #56 above yours.

Have a good flight. (First post updated to minimize confusion.)

Excellent
    I just love that Clubhouse - Miles better than anywhere I have been in the past -

Comment

Is there anyway to contact VS CH to conferm as I dont fancy getting knocked back

AS dukesy seems to have to of shown his *A silver card!
      Skooby

Comment

Originally posted by skooby View Post
        Is there anyway to contact VS CH to conferm as I dont fancy getting knocked back

AS dukesy seems to have to of shown his *A silver card!
        Skooby
        The KF ES (remember, VS is not a *A member, so non-SQ *S cards aren't even on the radar screen) card was never sufficient for entry before, so it's wholly irrelevant for VS CH entry. It was the BP that allowed access.

Just to be sure, contact VS via email. They responded very promptly to my inquiry a couple of years back, and with very precise information about what KF elite membership and SQ premium BPs allow.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Thanks for the info jjpb3

may well email then abit closer to flight day

Skooby

Comment

Hello people,

I was at LHR on the 29th Aug catching the 321 back to SIN. Was early at the airport and plenty of time to kill.... having read this, I went to the VS Clubhouse instead of the SKL.... what a surprise, yes it is a clubhouse, ....funky and cool, unlike the sedate crowded SKL....

Had a facial, some curry chicken with bismatic rice and nannbread with mango chutney and plenty of drinks......

Access into the lounge was with my SQ Business Class BP. Did not enquire about if I could have gone in with my *G..... anyways here are some pictures....

view of tarmac where I was sitting....

This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Bar counter

Pool Table

TV corner with multi channels...

My dinner...
              This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Looks nice... (as others who have already visited have also described in this forum as well)

Thanks for sharing, kapitan.

Comment

Hello,

Just received the following response from VS, regarding access to Clubhouse...

"I would like to inform that Singapore Airlines card holders travelling in SQ Y class, VS W (Premium Economy) and Y (Economy) class: Solitaire, PPS Club and KrisFlyer Elite are able to access our lounge facility.

I notice that you are travelling in M booking class with Virgin Atlantic and hence it wouldn't be possible for you to access our Clubhouse."

Is this true that they actually check the fare class and not just basic class (Economy/Premium Economy/Upper Class)?

Comment

Originally posted by VN_KFG View Post
                    Hello,

Just received the following response from VS, regarding access to Clubhouse...

"I would like to inform that Singapore Airlines card holders travelling in SQ Y class, VS W (Premium Economy) and Y (Economy) class: Solitaire, PPS Club and KrisFlyer Elite are able to access our lounge facility.

I notice that you are travelling in M booking class with Virgin Atlantic and hence it wouldn't be possible for you to access our Clubhouse."

Is this true that they actually check the fare class and not just basic class (Economy/Premium Economy/Upper Class)?
                    Interesting wording on their part,..."KrisFlyer Elite",...silver status is technically "Elite Silver"

Comment

Ah! Useful to know that.

Will top up the KF*S in anticipation for a London '09 DO sometime then...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                        Ah! Useful to know that.

Will top up the KF*S in anticipation for a London '09 DO sometime then...
                        I'm not saying KF*S will get you in (almost definitely not), but if one is being pedantic about their own wording, then this technically encompasses *S

Comment

M class fare do not allow access? I doubt that would be true.

So far from experience at the counter, they will check you Gold card and your boarding pass, and will only write down your details. Hence if the boarding pass doesn't have the fare class details printed, then they wouldn't know which class it's booked into.

Btw, I think it's time for VS clubhouse to refresh their menu...getting a bit bored of it

Comment

Originally posted by quik! View Post
                            Btw, I think it's time for VS clubhouse to refresh their menu...getting a bit bored of it
                            You can always un-bore your palate by eating in the London Lounge.
                            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by VN_KFG View Post
                              No that's not true. If you are booked in M class on VS then your boarding pass will only show the cabin class you are travelling in (Y) and not the fare class.
                              My SQ A380 photos

Comment

Well....the situation got even more confusing today..

I emailed KF and asked to confirm KF EG benefits. Got a call this morning (from the Indian call centre, i think...) they said that as a KF EG, i am not entitled to access the VS Clubhouse when flying either SQ or VS in Economy class...?????
                                I told them that this was incorrect and check again....went on hold for 5mins only to be told that they now need to check with VS if it is ok or not to access the clubhouse....

Will report back when they call again..

but, regardless of the result i will be strolling up to the entrance to the clubhouse and submitting the VS BP and KF EG card....

------------
                                (edit) Just got a call from KF and she confirmed that only need to show KF EG card to enter VS CH.
                                Last edited by VN_KFG; 2 September 2008, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X