Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What "ONE" element of SQ is more important to you above all others?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What "ONE" element of SQ is more important to you above all others?

If you could name only ONE element of your SQ experience that is more important to you above all else,

What would that be, and WHY?

Perhaps it's the seat or maybe the lounges. It could be the service, schedule, planes or food. Or even the basics eg, boarding, luggage handling, check in or availability and ticketing.

It could be something more far reaching such as secuirty, saftey or even Krissflyer. Perhaps the routes, global alliances and partners is what gets your money.

You might be an SQ investor or staff member so employment is your thing. so then company profit might be your motive.
    You could even be a sucker for the PR and the pretty colours. Or just in love with renowned SQgirl/boy.

The choices are pretty endless.

So with ONE element only to choose from

What lights your SQ fire and WHY?

(I have never flown SQ before and am seriously keen to see these results)

Cheers...
    Colin................

Well it's a combination of a few things for me:
    - Member of Star Alliance - hence a wide range of FFPs to choose from for mileage-accrual; offers *A benefits
    - Priority baggage tags actually mean something - my bags have always been one of the first to appear on the carousel
    - Consistently fabulous cabin crew
    - Krisworld is a great IFE system, especially with the wide movie selection and AVOD
    - Above average to very good food
    - Changi is a nice hub

Do I really have to choose just one of the above?
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 15 August 2007, 09:03 PM.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

For me, it's just one thing: the confidence that, if things go badly, SQ will do everything they can to make it turn out ok for me.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
        For me, it's just one thing: the confidence that, if things go badly, SQ will do everything they can to make it turn out ok for me.
        Could not agree more! My very first SQ flight had a lot of "things go badly," mostly due to a typhoon bearing down on HKG, but the airline's exemplary performance that day and night made an indelible impression on me.

Been a devoted fan from that flight forward.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
          Agreed too.
          The ONE thing I like most about SQ is its punctuality, or at least how they try hard to keep to schedule.
          J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Well, I think it would be pretty difficult for me to pick ONE reason for me to like SQ.
            For me as a standart-Y passanger, SQ offers certain things that definitely not standart with most airlines:

1) You are not treated like crap. Of course, the premium-passangers have boarding priority etc., but at SQ you won't be ignored- as it happens with other carriers . This airline realizes, that you are a full paying pax, even though you are seated in cattle class.

2) The seats are ok. They may not be the biggest, but also not the smallest. And they are ALWAYS clean.

3) The IFE in Y-Class is really, really awsome (not like a certain german carrier )

4) The food is pretty good for cattle class. Never had a menu on SQ where I didn't find anything I liked.

5) The FAs. Always polite, always giving a hand if needed. Never show unreasonable anger to the pax. And the dress of the Singapore Girls just looks awsome (sorry, but I had to mention that)

6) Overall impression: SQ is mostly very much on time, has an awsome hub and friendly employees. Its presentation is very neat& clean- clean planes and clean interior, well dressed employees and good food.

I really can't decide which reason is the most important one
            Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

There are many reasons why SQ is in my opinion the best airline, but the main reason is that they don’t treat you like crap. I’ve never found any other airline that offer products and most of all Great service as SQ.

I agree with what "up and away" said about how SQ treat all paying passengers with the same respect and provides outstanding service in every class. Flying in Economy, boarding last, while still being treated with the same attitude as a First class passenger. Having a FSS call you by your last name, showing you to your seat and offering to help place your carry on in the over head bin. SQ knows the meaning of "First impression is always important". And of course the entertainment, food, seat, etc is to rave about, but what is more important to the high premium passenger is Thoughtful service From the HEART.

That is why SQ is the best for me

Comment

The feeling that the overall experience (reservations, ground services, inflight service) will be pretty solid.

Comment

If there was only one thing I had to choose from, it would be the feeling of being at home the moment I sit down on an SQ flight. No other airline gives me that feeling.

I guess it comes from (in no particular order):
                  - Excellent service on board in hundreds of flights
                  - Wisemen
                  - Spending way too much time in Changi (as a pax and as an SQ insider)
                  - SQ having paid for my Junior College and Undergraduate education.
                  - Having flown in every class, including the cockpit jumpseat.
                  - Having worked at SQ twice: once for SQ during the summer of '94, once for a year for a consulting firm at SQ.
                  - The dozens of cabin crew who are very good friends of mine from the year that I worked at STC, where they were doing their 3 months of training.
                  - Getting an exit row seat everytime I fly in Y
                  - Getting tons of KrisFlyer miles from 3 years of using my KrisFlyer Amex Gold/PPS Amex cards instead of my corporate Amex for business expenses (all our travel expense folks could see on the receipts was that I paid using an Amex)
                  - Dom and Krug (RIP!)
                  - SQ flies where I need to go (mostly)
                  - Clean toilets
                  - *G benefits

Comment

The feeling of being at home!

Whenever I get on-board, there's a calm that I feel knowing that everything's going to be alright. Of course, 90% of the time in the same seat does help I suppose.

Comment

Consistently above-par service and overall reliability....

Comment

Simple: The front line people. The management types in their pinstripe oxfords in their ivory towers - I don't care about.

I've gotten to know, and become good friends with quite a few cabin crew, ticketing, Krisflyer as well as lounge staff, and they are the primary reason I keep coming back.

They're not always treated well, by both pax and superiors in the organisation alike, but these are the people that make me feel at home when on the phone, in an SKL or on board.

Management can treat them badly, but do so at their own peril. The day I don't feel at home on board a golden goose, or look around a familiar SKL and find a familiar face, or hear a familiar voice when I call up, I'm gone.

Comment

Well it has to be the service for me. In each class I think the respective service is a step up from the competition.

Comment

It's cheap

Comment

Savage25 has already named the ONE thing.

No other airline that I know spends so much effort ensuring that the toilets are clean for each passenger.

This may not sound like the most important thing, but I figure that if they get this detail right then you can trust that they will also get pretty much everything else right too!

Comment

Working...
                              X