X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbourne disco!

Check this out:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/new...b&mp=wm&news=1

Wonder if SQ will take a leaf out of his book for the A380 (here's hoping not!!)

That looks like loads of fun...
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
      That looks like loads of fun...
      Unfortunately I'm a grumpy old man, so I'd be there with the Sennheisers on, trying to read a book!

Comment

Don't really see this being very popular on most SQ routes but maybe on the Bali route

Comment

I wounder what the pilot's are doing?
          BOEING. Forever New Frontiers

Comment

Count me as another member of grumpy old men gang. The last thing I need around me in the confined space of an aircraft is a bunch of people gyrating and getting sweaty to loud music.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
              Count me as another member of grumpy old men gang. The last thing I need around me in the confined space of an aircraft is a bunch of people gyrating and getting sweaty to loud music.
              Indeed,...whilst I posted it as a lighthearted link, I would be extremely annoyed if (albeit verrrry unlikely!) this happened to me on such a flight; it seems as though the older gentleman reading the book didn't know about the disco plans - if this was indeed the case I'd certainly be complaining!

EDIT WooHoo, SQTalk PPS Club (the only PPS action I'm ever likely to get!)
              Last edited by nickbot; 19 July 2007, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Didn't I make a post in this forum about doing a bit of the old

on the upper deck of a Megatop, just for fun?

Comment

Originally posted by MegatopLover View Post
                  Didn't I make a post in this forum about doing a bit of the old

on the upper deck of a Megatop, just for fun?
                  I think I remember your post! At least if it was on the upper deck then old men such as jjpb3 and I would be able to read on the lower deck (preferably in F! )

Comment

No bad idea. Probably SQ could put the Concorde back into service for that purpose? Supersonic beats for a supersonic airline
                    Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

I was a little disappointed as I saw the video. I wasn't quite expecting dancing and gyrating right in the aisle and between the seats. I thought they had converted part of the cabin into a dedicated dance floor, complete with disco lights and all. I think I wouldn't quite mind that. Booze of course is a must!
                      My Cafe Adventures
                      Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
                      http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
                        I was a little disappointed as I saw the video. I wasn't quite expecting dancing and gyrating right in the aisle and between the seats. I thought they had converted part of the cabin into a dedicated dance floor, complete with disco lights and all. I think I wouldn't quite mind that. Booze of course is a must!
                        That flight was headed to Ibiza. I take it you haven't been in an area of town (say, in Britain) where you had boozey yobs roaming around? Not at all pleasant.
                        Last edited by jjpb3; 20 July 2007, 01:37 PM.
                        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                          That flight was headed to Ibiza. I take it you haven't been in an area of town (say, in Britain) where you had boozey yobs roaming around? Not at all pleasant.
                          The worst I've seen is revellers puking onto the road at Mohammed Sultan here in Singapore.
                          My Cafe Adventures
                          Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
                          http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
                            The worst I've seen is revellers puking onto the road at Mohammed Sultan here in Singapore.
                            Certainly not my idea of a good night,...but then again I think I'm old before my time as I prefer wine in front of the TV or a meal with friends at a place you can actually hold a conversation (pass my walking stick!)

Comment

Well, the idea isn't realised in a perfect way. I think SQ could do a lot better
                              Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Working...
                              X