Wearing F Pyjamas in C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
    Dude, have to assume in this case given rather hairless topas evidential proof and I have no inclination to check.
    Well, in that case, I volunteer to check.

After some encouragement from members of this board, I've taken to wearing my SQ F PJ's when flying on just about any airline in any class: KE Y, DL J, CI J, SQ J, whatever. The PJ's are comfortable, I've got a bunch of 'em to cycle through, and I paid for 'em, so why not? I'm gonna give a set to Mr. Megatop too for his upcoming UA C flights, and we'll both use 'em when we fly KE J BKK-ICN-KIX at the end of the year. The reason is simple: PJ's put me in a sleeping mindset, are much more comfortable to sleep in than regular clothes, you can't damage (tear, etc.) your regular clothes if you're sleeping in PJ's, and your regular clothes don't get as dirty because you're not using them. Besides, I don't have any regular non-SQ PJ's because, well, I only wear PJ's when on an airplane.

People obviously see that I'm wearing PJ's, but the F logo is hard to spot and not necessarily obvious to those who don't know (the old) SQ very well. The Golden Goose on the zipper pull is more obvious, but I don't think many people notice it. So not a lot of people recognize the PJ's as from SQ. Obviously, SQ crew know.

Had a funny incident early this month on CI J flying LAX-TPE. After takeoff and dinner service, I went downstairs to change into my PJ's then came back upstairs. While putting my jeans and polo shirt in my carryon bag in the overhead bin, the tag on my bag had come to rest just so. It was an SQ tag given to me at SKL SFO last year to put my name and address on, the nice laminated one with the faux leather strap, brass buckle, and big picture of a smiling Singapore Girl on it. As one of the CI FA's walks past, she sees the tag and asks, "Is that your girlfriend?" I got quite a laugh! I figured that she knew who was on the tag and was making a joke that my "girlfriend" is the Singapore Girl despite me flying on CI that night. She said something else later about it (like, "wow, she's very pretty") and I realized that she may have actually thought the woman in the photo was my real girlfriend. I agreed, yes, she's very pretty.

Oddly, when returning to LAX a week later and going through Customs, I had another funny incident. First, I spotted a pair of Singapore Girls (in uniform) getting searched by a customs officers-- not cool. The officer looking at my Customs form asked whether I was the boyfriend of a Flight Attendant. Incredulous, I responded, "No." Officer: "Well, then, who's that?" (pointing at the tag). Me: "It's a name tag" (turning over) "and that's just a picture." Officer: "Okay." No search.

Comment

Originally posted by MegatopLover View Post
      It was an SQ tag given to me at SKL SFO last year to put my name and address on, the nice laminated one with the faux leather strap, brass buckle, and big picture of a smiling Singapore Girl on it. As one of the CI FA's walks past, she sees the tag and asks, "Is that your girlfriend?" I got quite a laugh! I figured that she knew who was on the tag and was making a joke that my "girlfriend" is the Singapore Girl despite me flying on CI that night. She said something else later about it (like, "wow, she's very pretty") and I realized that she may have actually thought the woman in the photo was my real girlfriend. I agreed, yes, she's very pretty.

Oddly, when returning to LAX a week later and going through Customs, I had another funny incident. First, I spotted a pair of Singapore Girls (in uniform) getting searched by a customs officers-- not cool. The officer looking at my Customs form asked whether I was the boyfriend of a Flight Attendant. Incredulous, I responded, "No." Officer: "Well, then, who's that?" (pointing at the tag). Me: "It's a name tag" (turning over) "and that's just a picture." Officer: "Okay." No search.
      I, too, had two recent incidents. The first : I boarded OZ flight NRT-ICN last week and the FA pointed, held my SQ tag briefly and commented the girl on the tag is very pretty. She asked if she was my girlfriend. ... The second: YVR TSA security screening for YVR-SFO. The TSA screener asked "Your girlfriend?". "Oh, how I wished" was my reply.

Comment

Whilst I do have a single set of precious SQ F pyjamas, am I the only one who gets too hot on a plane and wants to strip off ? I resort to a plain t-shirt and some shorts (which reminds me that I must pick up some loose ones (usually loudly coloured) at a pasar malam the next time I'm in KUL!).

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
          Whilst I do have a single set of precious SQ F pyjamas, am I the only one who gets too hot on a plane and wants to strip off ? I resort to a plain t-shirt and some shorts (which reminds me that I must pick up some loose ones (usually loudly coloured) at a pasar malam the next time I'm in KUL!).
          I shall have to accompany you on this KUL shopping trip and snap the requisite photos for SQTalk. Oy, the call of duty.

I only wear the pajama top in Y and J. My jeans stay on, because getting out of them and into them again close to landing is just too much of a palaver IMO. (Hush, CGK, don't you dare spin that into something worthy of the that you are.) I haven't had the luxury of an overnight F flight, but December will change that.

I read somewhere that MegatopLover has the same urge to strip off ... but maybe his Southern sensibilities kick in on the plane?
          Last edited by jjpb3; 19 July 2007, 01:59 AM. Reason: wording
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
            I shall have to accompany you on this KUL shopping trip and snap the requisite photos for SQTalk. Oy, the call of duty.
            I am somewhat hoping that SQfg can come along to do the bargaining. It always amused me that the result of 5-minutes of rapid haggling back and forth, pretending to walk away etc resulted in saving something like 20p!

Getting out of my jeans and into them again close to landing is just too much of a palaver IMO.
            It's not if (like me) you change in the toilet...

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
              It's not if (like me) you change in the toilet...
              The toilets feel really cramped. If there were a way I could change in the general cabin but still shield my modest self from prying eyes, I'd be more inclined to do it.

Comment

The reason is simple: PJ's put me in a sleeping mindset, ...
                I thought the reason is much deeper than that!

Comment

The toilets feel really cramped. If there were a way I could change in the general cabin but still shield my modest self from prying eyes, I'd be more inclined to do it.
                  I think after you see how big the toilet is on LH, you will strip off into your jammies right away in December. (Note: hope you forgot to close the window, so all those German baggage handlers have the show to view! )

Comment

I read somewhere that MegatopLover has the same urge to strip off ... but maybe his Southern sensibilities kick in on the plane?
                    Nah, I'm more likely to be cold on planes. Except on KE.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                      I think after you see how big the toilet is on LH, you will strip off into your jammies right away in December. (Note: hope you forgot to close the window, so all those German baggage handlers have the show to view! )
                      Remember - No thongs for men. I recalled reading in TOF BA board about one German chap who changed but had his thong showing. Ewwww.

Comment

Nah, I'm more likely to be cold on planes. Except on KE.
                        Hmm from my limited experience flying KE C, it would be difficult to be hot on board. But ... the lounge at ICN is definitely a place to let the steams out.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                          Remember - No thongs for men. I recalled reading in TOF BA board about one German chap who changed but had his thong showing. Ewwww.
                          I think jjpb3 would rather have these: http://www.aussiebum.com/en/

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                            I think jjpb3 would rather have these: http://www.aussiebum.com/en/
                            Told you a Google search would be fruitful

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                              Told you a Google search would be fruitful
                              Ha, the kind of underwear that is a privilege, not a right, to wear?* I'll pass. Age and harsh urban life have ravaged this body. nickbot has youth on his side; I don't.

I'm a 2xist stalwart myself ... which reminds me, I need to get to NYC to replenish my supplies soon.

(*This is an appropriation of my NY friends' expression during summer: "Shirtlessness is a privilege, not a right.")

Comment

I haven't had the luxury of being given a PJ, but I change into my SQ C slippers when flying Y. Am I the only one doing that?
                                My Cafe Adventures
                                Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
                                http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X