Music tracks that remind you of SQ trips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    Perhaps CGK can find a contact who can supply samples of the SQ scent?
    What scent is this?

Comment

Post #10, my dear.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        Post #10, my dear.
        I see... better chatting up with your SQ Girls and Boys next time you are aboard! Paging SQFAN who will be flying SQ soon!

Regarding music, I have to confess that the one stuck in my head is always from United Airlines. Well, flying them since 1986. Paging cawhite. What's the title of the song?

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
          I see... better chatting up with your SQ Girls and Boys next time you are aboard! Paging SQFAN who will be flying SQ soon!

Regarding music, I have to confess that the one stuck in my head is always from United Airlines. Well, flying them since 1986. Paging cawhite. What's the title of the song?
          That would be Rhapsody in Blue.

Comment

I've no idea why but today I heard Move Along by the All American Rejects on radio and it reminded me of my first experience in SQ C last year. I normally do not check out the audio selection on Krisworld so me thinks the song was on the soundtrack of a movie I watched onboard.

And it's now stuck in my head....
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Usher's Simple Things. Went to buy his CD after listening to it on Krisworld.

Comment

I don't have any specific tracks that remind me of SQ, but I relish every moment of the jingle in that SQ ad that goes, "You're always there, around the world. Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly". Another one would be the longer ad that shows the SQ Girls interacting with locals, including a scene where they have tea with that Chinese master, with the Tian'anmen Square (?) in the background.
                My Cafe Adventures
                Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
                http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

My SQ Song is X&Y from Coldplay. It reminds me at my first flight with the 77W in C. Everybody was sleeping only I was awake, the windows were open and I looked into the dark sky, while some clouds were passing. In this moment I listened to this song and when I listen to this song now I always have to think about this.

regards m
                  You are not, who you are, you are who you want to be.

Comment

The song that reminds me of my SQ trip is Wordplay by Jason Mraz. But that is only on my last flight. Too many to list.
                    BOEING. Forever New Frontiers

Comment

'Since you've been gone' by Kelly Clarkson was playing when I entered the lobby of the Westin KL (nice change from typical hotel grand piano music!), and for some weird reason it evoked thoughts of SQ. Still trying to determine the connection. Am I going nuts?
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                        'Since you've been gone' by Kelly Clarkson was playing when I entered the lobby of the Westin KL (nice change from typical hotel grand piano music!), and for some weird reason it evoked thoughts of SQ. Still trying to determine the connection. Am I going nuts?
                        These days Keith, almost every song reminds me of SQ,...perhaps I just spend too much time thinking about SQ! (they say the average SQTalker thinks about SQ every 5 seconds,...or is that something else? )

Comment

Kenny G - Going Home would remnind me while I was flying from SIN to HKG to SFO, after the aircraft landed at SFO & taxing, sometimes spend 10 minutes at the apron just wait for the towing of the aircraft to the gate at the old SFO Inl't Terminal, I always heard this great instrumental during the late 743 era (still via HNL) & begining of 744 in the 90's. I recalled the IFS normally will turn off the Air-Show at the main screen in 743 (no PTV at that time) & play this song...!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzhPrR-ANcA

Barry White - Love Theme would remind me that the day I'm flying on CX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lkXm3_p6zc
                          Last edited by SQTalker; 14 July 2007, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Midnight Oil, Warakurna - I've been a fan of Midnight Oil for many, many years, and have been fortunate to see them live around half a dozen times,...unfortunately they've now split up
                            OMG Finally! another midnight oil fan!!!! Have you heard any of the Ghostwriters or Jim Moginie's solo album? well worth it, Martin Rotsey's even joined the Ghosties now so it's almost MO again!

back OT, I do have fond memories of trying to restrain myself from air drumming to Phil Collins' "In The Air Tonight" on my 744 business class upgrade, and also a final approach and landing to Moby's "Lift Me Up" (don't worry I'm not a fan, it was a good song though!)

Comment

Originally posted by Greatfox View Post
                              OMG Finally! another midnight oil fan!!!! Have you heard any of the Ghostwriters or Jim Moginie's solo album? well worth it, Martin Rotsey's even joined the Ghosties now so it's almost MO again!
                              Not *that* many of us out there! Not heard much of the Ghostwriters stuff or Jim's either - I get very set in my ways and tend to listen to 10-1 and Red Sails most of the time; perhaps I should pick some new stuff up!

Saw the Oils around 6 times over the years, including 2 nights in a row in Sydney (the smaller venue concerts that went onto being produced into the Real Thing album). Was going to do a LHR-SYD-LHR weekender (make that a long weekender!) for WaveAid and the warmup gig, but work (and financial commitments) dictated otherwise.

If you've got any live unreleased stuff I'd be really interested - PM me!

Comment

You're so lucky to have seen the oils live, I was born too late to see them in the 10-1, Red Sails and Diesel Period, and then I was living in Singapore for all the tours in the later period, including when I was there on holidays when WaveAid was on, I'm afriad I've only got studio stuff, and the live stuff off the DVD, Captiol Theatre is still one of my fave concerts. I definetley have to agree about Warakurna, it's like they captured a little bit of Australia in a song

Comment

Working...
                                X