IST Minimum Connection Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IST Minimum Connection Time

I'd be grateful for advice on minimum connection times at Istanbul Ataturk Airport.

I'm planning to transit IST en route to Italy. I have a J redemption booking PER-IST and I'll arrive on SQ 392 at 7.45 am. I plan to connect to with a Turkish Airlines flight to Italy on a separate booking. I presume that the SQ check-in staff will be unwilling to check my luggage to a destination on a different booking (even with an Alliance partner) so I'll need to go through Immigration, customs and baggage claim followed by the full security and check-in process.

I'd be grateful for suggestions on how much time I should allow - I'm looking at a TK flight that departs 2hrs 50 mins after the scheduled arrival time but I'm not sure that will be enough.

You will have more than ample time of your SQ392 has no flight delays. IST despite its heavy passenger flow seldom take more than an 45 mins from deplaning to clearing immigration. And usually not more than 20 mins for all bags to arrive on the carousel.

Comment

Originally posted by MRW View Post
      I'd be grateful for advice on minimum connection times at Istanbul Ataturk Airport.

I'm planning to transit IST en route to Italy. I have a J redemption booking PER-IST and I'll arrive on SQ 392 at 7.45 am. I plan to connect to with a Turkish Airlines flight to Italy on a separate booking. I presume that the SQ check-in staff will be unwilling to check my luggage to a destination on a different booking (even with an Alliance partner) so I'll need to go through Immigration, customs and baggage claim followed by the full security and check-in process.

I'd be grateful for suggestions on how much time I should allow - I'm looking at a TK flight that departs 2hrs 50 mins after the scheduled arrival time but I'm not sure that will be enough.
      I do think you can do a baggage check thru to your final destination. I've done it before on QR to DOH via SIN (SQ) > DXB (QR) > DOH not even the same alliance.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...kin-partners/#

Do enquire with on check in. They might even be able to assist with your boarding pass but I can't confirm. If at least you can get your baggage check thru to your final destination at least you need not go thru immigration and just go to the TK counter to get your boarding pass

Comment

Originally posted by alian View Post
        I do think you can do a baggage check thru to your final destination. I've done it before on QR to DOH via SIN (SQ) > DXB (QR) > DOH not even the same alliance.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...kin-partners/#

Do enquire with on check in. They might even be able to assist with your boarding pass but I can't confirm. If at least you can get your baggage check thru to your final destination at least you need not go thru immigration and just go to the TK counter to get your boarding pass
        Technically they can, but are not obliged to. Same goes for airlines within the same alliance if booked on separate PNR's.
        God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by MRW View Post
          I'm looking at a TK flight that departs 2hrs 50 mins after the scheduled arrival time but I'm not sure that will be enough.
          That's more than enough.

Also, SQ shows way more goodwill interlining onto TK than TK does interlining onto SQ, on separate PNRs.

Comment

Working...
          X