Bulan lapan lima puluh tujuh
    Merdeka, Merdeka, Tetaplah Merdeka
    Ia pasti menjadi sejarah

Tanggal tiga puluh satu
    Bulan lapan lima puluh tujuh
    Hari yang mulia, Hari bahagia
    Sambut dengan jiwa yang Merdeka

Mari kita seluruh warganegara
    Ramai-ramai menyambut hari Merdeka, MERDEKA!!
    Tiga satu bulan lapan, Lima puluh tujuh
    Hari mulia negaraku Merdeka

Merdeka, Merdeka, Merdeka....!
    MERDEKA!!

Wot SQfg said (sang?).

HB, Malaysia.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Setahun... hanya sekali... oh wait, wrong song, but meaning remains the same

Selamat Hari Jadi, Malaysia...

Comment

What does the above mean please?

Comment

Happy National Day M'Sia!!
          God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Happy 53rd Independence Day to my beloved Malaysia! I am sure this year's celebration would be somewhat modest as August 31st falls during the Muslim's fasting month.

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            Setahun... hanya sekali... oh wait, wrong song, but meaning remains the same.
            LOL! I think that song is kinda appropriate as well because Hari Raya will be celebrated in only 10 days after the Independence Day (expected date is on September 10th). I won't be returning home though for both occasions.

August is really a birthday month for the neighbours - Singapore August 9th, Indonesia August 17th, Malaysia August 31st and SQflyergirl August 3rd.

Btw, this is my 50th post in SQsTalk and therefore am now a proud 'Elite Silver' member. I am going to celebrate with a camel for supper.
            Last edited by SliverKris; 31 August 2010, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Happy Merdeka Day Malaysia!
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

happy birthday malaysia... one of the few places in asia i have not visited, but a place i certainly want to go to!

Comment

Happy Birthday Malaysia!

Is it just by coincidence that Singapore, Indonesia, and Malaysia have their national days in August? The 9th, 17th, and 31st respectively!
                  Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

16 September is actually a more proper birthday for Malaysia.

On this date back in 1963, the then Malaya (Peninsular Malaysia), the Borneo state of Sabah, the Borneo state of Sarawak and Singapore united as one and formed the Federation of Malaysia. Brunei was invited too, but the people who lived there voted against joining the Federation.

As we all know, Singapore left the Federation 2 years later to become an independent country.

Comment

Originally posted by SliverKris View Post
                      As we all know, Singapore left the Federation 2 years later to become an independent country.
                      Left? I thought Singapore was expelled.
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                      X