No announcement yet.

Is There A Market For 100-Seaters Here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is There A Market For 100-Seaters Here?

We know the aircraft market in Asia/Pacific, like that around the world, is dominated by Airbus and Boeing. However, with the rise of up-and-coming manufacturers like Bombardier and Embraer, do you think there's a market to accomodate a third or fourth major player?

Already, Mandarin Airlines has already leased 8 Embraear 190s and 195s from GECAS. With an eye for clinching a share of the booming aviation market in A/P, Embrear recently set up a regional office in Singapore. How successful will it be in this region?

I can't imagine Singapore Airlines or Cathay Pacific buying any E-Series aircraft anytime soon. But how about smaller, domestic operators? AirAsia has just ordered the Airbus 320, so that is out. How about the 50+ carriers in Indonesia?
    My Cafe Adventures
    Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
    http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

MI did get into talks with Embraer and Bombadier in '06 but not sure if anything came out of it

Comment

I'm sure it will be success in 100 seats domenstic & regional flights' market! But for 2 kinds of markets. Actually, bombardier and embraer has the ambitious to conquer the short haul frequent domestic flight market which is previously dominated by Boeing & Airbus.

For example, Emb.'s E190,E195, Bomb.'s C-series (under design & construction) can have a capacity of up to hundred and above passengers, which is very similar to 320 and 737s, I still remember Airbus has announced its mistaken development of the A318, because airlines would rather loves to operate the E jets, and the airlines says 318 uses many more fuels than E jets, but it doesn't carry many more passengers in comparison.(Seems just only Air france & AeroMexico use it) It just better than MD95-that's B717.

Obviously,the main, international short haul low frequency flight shuttles between metropolis should keep on using the Boeing & the Airbus',that's to cope with the international 100 seat market, but for the 100 seats domestic market(doesn't means Tokyo to Osaka, Frankfurt to Berlin, that kind of domestic) many would shift to choose Emb's products. (You can treat it as the shuttle bus)

You've mentioned Mandarin Airlines' new coming Emb. Actually it's mainly used to shuttle within the ROC, I've read its schdule, mainy Taipei to Kaoshiung, Taipei to Mazhu,Taipei to Tainan, and maybe Kaoshiung to HK. Formerly it uses Fokker 50 and Fokker 100, but because as it's getting old, maintainence is a problem, so Man. Air. decided to change it. And within the Taiwan, you can see CI and Eva didn't think of the E jets, why? Because these are the airlines that only serves international flights.So, they would only consider the 737 and A320's (Under consideration by EVA).

Comment

Thanks for your insight, Dynasty... FYI, SilkAir does operate the Airbus A318. I look forward to the day when we will finally see Embraers and Bombardiers in Changi Airport!
        My Cafe Adventures
        Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
        http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Silkair operates the A319 and A320, not the A318.

Comment

Working...
          X