This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bishop9011 View Post
    I thought that most airlines had banned the use of metal cutlery especially in Economy because of safety reasons and due to the fact that passengers are not allowed any metal objects in their hand-carry
    I always have metal objects in my carry-on luggage. One of them is my phone. Another is my watch. I believe from time to time I may also have keys or coins with me as well.

All my cutlery on all my recent SQ flights has been metal. This includes all the flights sitting in Y. Are you suggesting that people in economy are more likely to act unsafely with metal cutlery compared to passengers in the premium classes?

Comment

• Originally posted by bishop9011 View Post
      I thought that most airlines had banned the use of metal cutlery especially in Economy because of safety reasons and due to the fact that passengers are not allowed any metal objects in their hand-carry
      SQ still uses metal cutlery in Y, and I haven't flown EK recently but when I did a couple of years back, they used metal cutlery in Y too.

If there was a rule banning metal cutlery, it should apply to all cabins, not just Y...

Also, metal objects are fine in hand carry as long as they aren't perceived as dangerous.

(On the other hand, a bottle of water is perceived as dangerous...)

Comment

• Did SQ175 last week. Was surprised at the new tray design. Anyone know if this is the way moving forward. Looks a bit budgety

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Toffees View Post

The meal tray for SQ963 CGK-SIN hot meal on 17 Sept.

Comparing the two, the only difference seem to be on the “longer” flight, bread roll would be served instead of orange juice.

And now water bottle (with ask cabin crew for refills printed on the side) is provided for every pax.

Comment

• Oh wow so even on a flight as long as Hanoi, there’s no more starter?

Comment

Working...
              X