Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krisflyer Flight Search using Miles

Hello,
    I am new to Krisflyer miles and need a little help understanding how you browse for flights using miles to purchase. I have a lot of DBS Altitude points I can convert to ~100k miles but I am hesitant to do so without knowing if I have a reasonable chance to get a flight with miles for an upcoming trip to New Zealand, especially since their miles expire. I cannot figure out how to see what flights are available for miles and how many miles they would take. I am used to using the Delta and United sites which give you a clear indication of availabilty and miles needed. Am I doing something wrong or is the SQ site just limited in how it operates? Can someone give me some pointers or tips?
    Thanks!

Welcome to SQtalk.

If you are ultimately redeeming using Krisflyer miles, create a Krisflyer account online (if you do not already have one) and do award searches using the Singaporeair.com website. This will show you the actual availability for booking using Krisflyer miles on SQ flights.

United has removed SQ availability from its website.

Comment

Thank you for the welcome and the reply

I have done that, but it is not clear to me that a flight is available using miles and how many miles it will take.

I log in to my account and select Book a Flight.

I select Pay with KrisFlyer Miles then enter my trip details

All I get back are flights and their price, no indication if they are available to pay with miles or how many miles.

I select Continue several times until I get to the Payment Details screen, it is only then that I seem to be able to determine if I could pay with miles, but since I have no miles yet I can't really tell how many it would take and if the seat is truly available with miles.

Can I assume that if there is a selection to pay with miles then it is available and the miles required would follow the standard mileage redemption tables?

Is there any way to tell earlier in the process that the seat is available to pay with miles?

Thanks!
      Last edited by fuzzman99; 1 July 2014, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Instead of tick pay with krisflyer miles, you have to tick redeem award flight, and it will pull out all the available award seats. Try also to search it using sq apps because sometimes it has different availability that might not be showing in the SQ web.

Comment

Ah, now I see what I was expecting. I assumed that mean't something else.

Just curious, when it says Waitlisted is there any way to tell how long the list is and what are the odds of success?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X