BKK Immigration wait times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BKK Immigration wait times?

Last time I was in BKK two years ago, it took more than an hour to clear immigrations. Is it still the same today? They didn't have the second-floor immigration counters then.

My flight leaves at 8AM. I suppose I need to be there at least 6AM? Or should I come earlier? I am not sure if this is a busy time at Suvarnabhumi. Are the roads that congested if I leave Siam/Pratunam area at 5AM?

5-6AM should leave you more than enough time, seriously. Not much/manageable traffic until after 6:30-7am...

Comment

Since I will be missing breakfast at the hotel, are any of the airport restaurants open by 7AM at Suvarnabhumi? (Hoping for a last taste of sticky rice with mango before I leave.)

Comment

my flight is tomorrow at 1115 am and I am leaving my hotel on the Thonburi side at 0830..... but then of course I do not need to queue at check in counter and immigration.

Plenty of restaurant open at 0700.
        This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

What's my best option (hassle-free and cost-effective means) of traveling between the airport and hotel?

A pre-arranged transfer? Kinda pricey at THB2000 each way. When in HKG, I don't mind taking the airport express. But I don't know if in the last two years, BKK's train system is comparable to HKG's already.

Comment

That depends entirely on where your hotel is. I average around THB 227 recently for taxis into Asok station, paying THB 2000 seems marginally silly by comparison. Oh, and it's generally faster for me too without a transfer when you take a train/switch to a taxi. There's another thread all about it which this question is better suited for.

Comment

Depends who you're flying with and if you have status with that airline...

Swampy can be quite busy at that time of the morning, I was none too impressed the last time I had a similarly timed flight and had to deal with the masses in such a way.

Can't keep staying up all night the night before on the booze like I used to

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
                Can't keep staying up all night the night before on the booze like I used to
                Using that excuse again? Sureeeee you can....

Comment

Guess I'll have to improve my (drinking) fitness eh Kyo

Comment

Originally posted by fuu99 View Post
                    My flight leaves at 8AM. I suppose I need to be there at least 6AM? Or should I come earlier? I am not sure if this is a busy time at Suvarnabhumi. Are the roads that congested if I leave Siam/Pratunam area at 5AM?
                    In the days before CI gave it's JCL pax fast track cards, I went through the normal queues for my 8:30 am CI 66 flight and there was one day that the queue snaked down the entire length of the check-in lobby and was starting to curve around. This happend at about 7 am about three years ago. That was the straw that broke the camel's back and they realized they had to give us premium lane dba fast track cards for immigration
                    Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Last time I was in BKK two years ago, it took more than an hour to clear immigrations. Is it still the same today? They didn't have the second-floor immigration counters then.

As Kyo says, it depends what hotel you are going to be in. Do you already know that ?.

I am fortunate to always have Fast Track access so don't have to queue but while the new system seems to have helped Swampy is always a f*ck up waiting to happen due to the silly design of the place.

From the SGS where I am most of the time I have my return booked to depart two hours from my departure time, but the SGS is one of the best located Hotels for getting back to Swampy as it usually only takes around half an hour. Having said that I bumped into Lobster in the lobby of the SGS on Sunday who was starting to get a little concerned as his return car hadn't turned up.

Comment

I will be staying at the Novotel Siam Square. It is going to be a leisure trip and I don't want to pay too much out of pocket. Marriott Garden seems too far away from the BTS Skytrain.

Comment

I could think of better places for getting back to BKK quickly but if I was staying there I would add 30 minutes on to what I do at the SGS just to allow for traffic. Will you have Fast Track access ?

Comment

I will be staying at the Novotel Siam Square. It is going to be a leisure trip and I don't want to pay too much out of pocket. Marriott Garden seems too far away from the BTS Skytrain.
                            I would recommend Novotel Ploenchit instead
                            This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                              I would recommend Novotel Ploenchit instead
                              I second this. Going to hole myself up here tomorrow through tues so can do a door to door measure with the trains... OP's Novotel Siam Sq should not be far off.

Comment

Working...
                              X