No announcement yet.

Coronavirus : Flight cancellations and contingencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There will be another chartered flight bringing medical supplies to Kathmandu later today, to be operated by 9V-SYJ.
    SQ412 SIN0900 – 1125KTM
    SQ411 KTM1225 – 2000SIN

Comment

• Originally posted by Not You View Post
      There will be another chartered flight bringing medical supplies to Kathmandu later today, to be operated by 9V-SYJ.
      SQ412 SIN0900 – 1125KTM
      SQ411 KTM1225 – 2000SIN
      Interesting choice of aircraft. Very large for KTM isn’t it?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
        SQ previously operated a similar charter flight with 9V-SWY, a Boeing 777-300ER.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
          Thai and Korean Air regularly operate into KTM with Boeing 777s. Turkish and Qatar use A330s. So it's not too unusual.

Comment

• Indeed. The first time I flew to KTM was on a TG 777. I cant remember if it was a -200 or -300. I also stayed at the Hyatt, from the rear of which you can see one end of the runway so you see the widebodies rolling down, doing the 180 and taxiing back down the runway as it doesn't have a full length parallel taxiway. Or it didn't last time I was there, which was a few years ago now.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              Indeed. The first time I flew to KTM was on a TG 777. I cant remember if it was a -200 or -300. I also stayed at the Hyatt, from the rear of which you can see one end of the runway so you see the widebodies rolling down, doing the 180 and taxiing back down the runway as it doesn't have a full length parallel taxiway. Or it didn't last time I was there, which was a few years ago now.
              It still doesn't have a full length parallel taxiway now

Comment

• Finally meal and hot meals are back on SIA, although for business class its still not fully restored but just simplified meal. Believed SIA should go back to close to full service inflight meals in business class, as Qatar and Emirates have full service in their business class.

From Mainly Miles - https://mainlymiles.com/2020/09/24/s...ional-flights/

Comment

• Singapore Airlines on 15OCT20 is operating a repatriation flight routing DME-SIN-CHC (SQ361-SQ295 9V-SMM)
                  Last edited by Not You; 17 October 2020, 01:38 AM.

Comment

• Singapore Airlines on 16OCT20 launched cargo only flights to Chongqing. These flights will operate on 16OCT, 20OCT and 23OCT with the following schedule:
                    SQ8250 SIN2125 – 0200+1CKG 787
                    SQ8251 CKG0315 – 0750SIN 787

Comment

• https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...of-recovery-in

Looks like direct flights to NYC (but JFK this time) will be back sooner than expected... and with a regular long range A350?
                      Last edited by yuuka_miya; 20 October 2020, 05:22 PM.
                      an infrastructure geek

Comment

• Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
                        https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...of-recovery-in

Looks like direct flights to NYC (but JFK this time) will be back sooner than expected... and with a regular long range A350?
                        ULR's front cargo hold is unusable thus they need the normal LongHaul A350

Comment

• Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
                          Regular long-range A350 will be capped at about 50 pax for a flight that length. Not a big issue for now though I imagine. LAX averaged 31 pax per flight (12% load) in Sep 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
                            Regular long-range A350 will be capped at about 50 pax for a flight that length. Not a big issue for now though I imagine. LAX averaged 31 pax per flight (12% load) in Sep 2020.
                            I’m surprised the LH A350s can make the distance, even with reduced payload. The “reduced” payload has gotta be significantly reduced, even on the cargo side. During the northern winter the flight back to SIN sometimes sees pretty heavy headwinds... I recall my flight lasting 22hrs some years ago on the old A345s

Comment

• Originally posted by Not You View Post
                              Singapore Airlines on 15OCT20 is operating a repatriation flight routing DME-SIN-CHC (SQ361-SQ295 9V-SMM)
                              Is it a repatriation flight ? The news reported that most of the paxes are fisherman from Russia. And right now around 20 of these paxes are tested positive for Covid at CHC.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                                Is it a repatriation flight ? The news reported that most of the paxes are fisherman from Russia. And right now around 20 of these paxes are tested positive for Covid at CHC.
                                My bad. It’s a charter flight and not a repatriation flight.

Comment

Working...
                                X