Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
    :
    2 .The PPS miles/sectors system of qual to be abolished. PPS qual by revenue - set at circa $25 000 SGD

QPP no longer able to bring guests into SKL
    No more requal bday gifts/vouchers
    No access to SKL F unless flying F
    If SG$25,000 does in fact become the criterion, it'll certainly be a higher threshold. Currently, two r/t long hauls (SE Asia-US or Europe) would yield 25+ sectors, costing a total of less than US$10,000 (SG$15,300) from most markets.

As to lounge access cutbacks, I don't care so much about no access to SKL F unless flying F. IMO, SKL F at SIN is not much of an improvement over SKL J, except for the Dom. (I particularly dislike the smelly F shower rooms & clogged drains.) However, bringing guests into SKL is a benefit that would certainly be missed!

The most important benefit for me is ease of clearing waitlists. However, with fewer PPS - and fewer customers who vote with their feet - maybe waitlists won't be as much of an issue anymore anyway!

Comment

It is really sad to see what SQ is doing but since I am based in SG and travel mostly regionally ex-sin, I don't see how I can deviate away from taking SQ while still getting mileage / status.

Comment

Originally posted by sfvoyage View Post
        IMO, SKL F at SIN is not much of an improvement over SKL J, except for the Dom.
        I totally agree. Take the Dom away and the SKL F lounge is nothing special at all. It has surprised me in recent years how obsessed SQ has been for refitting cabins and 'staying ahead' etc, yet they have watched many of their competitors open new lounges far better than the SKL at Changi, without seemingly being bothered. Unless they consider banning QPP's in Raffles from using the F side their bizarre way of improving things.

From what we understand from the plans, the lounge in T3 is going to be nothing special either...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
          It is really sad to see what SQ is doing but since I am based in SG and travel mostly regionally ex-sin, I don't see how I can deviate away from taking SQ while still getting mileage / status.
          An excellent airline called Cathay Pacific Airways also flies out of Singapore, usually with keener fares than SQ.
          You get more miles by going via HKG , good award redemption value for F & J, and a loyalty program that really shows appreciations of the loyal customers.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
            An excellent airline called Cathay Pacific Airways also flies out of Singapore, usually with keener fares than SQ.
            You get more miles by going via HKG , good award redemption value for F & J, and a loyalty program that really shows appreciations of the loyal customers.
            Unfortunately CX / OW don't have a very comprehensive network and frequencies to cover SIN to Indonesia, India, Philippines, Thailand, etc.

If all this come true as predicted, I would be more than eager to switch to CX / OW, and encourage the many TPP/QPPs in my company to do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              I totally agree. Take the Dom away and the SKL F lounge is nothing special at all. It has surprised me in recent years how obsessed SQ has been for refitting cabins and 'staying ahead' etc, yet they have watched many of their competitors open new lounges far better than the SKL at Changi, without seemingly being bothered. Unless they consider banning QPP's in Raffles from using the F side their bizarre way of improving things.

From what we understand from the plans, the lounge in T3 is going to be nothing special either...
              Hmmm... for me SKL F is much better than SKL J.
              The J side is much darker and food offering is (IMO) much worse in terms of selections especially, and is much harder to find a space in.

But yes, even SKL F is nothing compared to CX's The Pier.

Comment

Hmmm... for me SKL F is much better than SKL J.
                The J side is much darker and food offering is (IMO) much worse in terms of selections especially, and is much harder to find a space in.
                I agree it's better, but not by that much, Dom apart. There is not much natural light in the F lounge either (you know my feelings about lounges and tarmac views.. ) and there is nothing special about what's in there. A load of standard leather chairs and (admittedly) some decent food on occassion, is not what you'd expect from the worlds so called best airline.

Besides, the J lounge is about to get a lot busier by the sounds of it with all the QPP's being booted out of the F side. I suppose they think they can counter this by banning guests.

Comment

Frequency and being direct would be the most important factor for me. At this point, I am peeved but not inclining towards changing airlines. But this could change once the requirements and benefits of PPS is finalised.

Comment

Will they also be dropping the privilege of SKL J when taking Y?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                      Frequency and being direct would be the most important factor for me. At this point, I am peeved but not inclining towards changing airlines. But this could change once the requirements and benefits of PPS is finalised.
                      May I entice you further with the famously generous ex-SIN op ups on CX?

Comment

Hmm. Someone called?

I actually heard from a sales rep at SQ in LAX last year who told me that SQ management was aware of the fact that people were buying 'cheap' tickets and doing segment counts in order to qualify (geee, I wonder who those people are).. and that SQ wants to stamp out such behaviour.

He did mention then that there were rumours that SQ would count how much you really spend with them instead of how much you fly!

RTW tickets? I guess SQ will take total value of your ticket to divide it against the total mileage so as to figure out the $ value per mile, then multiply it by your flight sector/miles.
                        Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post

1. LPPS to be abolished. Dunno what happens to existing LPPS members though.
                        ** This might be similar to CX's Diamond Life programme. It changed its name to Invitation, and requalifying is based on a case-by -case situation - much like BA's Premier. The more travel revenue you control (ie company execs etc), the better you are to remain an Invitation member.
                        2 .The PPS miles/sectors system of qual to be abolished. PPS qual by revenue - set at circa $25 000 SGD
                        ** I think I remember one other airline in asia doing this.. was it CI or BR, based on revenue. It wasn't the total miles flown, but how much money you spent.

3. TPPS benefits to remain the same.

BUT...

4. Significant watering down of QPP:
                        QPP no longer able to bring guests into SKL
                        No more requal bday gifts/vouchers
                        No access to SKL F unless flying F

Anyone else heard anything?
                        When is this supposed to take place?
                        Last edited by Guy Betsy; 9 March 2007, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Before we all jump to conclusions:

these are rumours!

Nothing has been set in stone and to be honest, the IT department have a long way to go.

As some people have pointed out, calculating the actual revenue a PPS passenger directly gives to SIA is the reason why there are complications.

And this is a good point to correct myself. Before, I stated that former VP Customer Services Ms. Ruth Kelly left because she was an expensive person on a non-SIN salary. Actually, she apparently saw this coming and thought

Comment

Is it just me reading this, or a misunderstanding? Abolishing PPS sectors also means no double dipping, i.e. no getting *G somewhere else as well as getting *G from SQ?

-A

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                              It has always been my view that PPS is the model for airline loyalty. Particularly in status-conscious Asia, PPS is an just-attainable goal that generates premium (P & J) revenue and often fanatical customer loyalty.

PPS, if anything, is a victim of its success. It has engendered loyalty among ever increasing numbers of premium passengers.

If there is a need to control this success, I can empathise with this. By all means, raise the bar -- BUT give something more to those who remain.

Raising the bar AND cutting the benefits makes no sense at all. From my perspective as a corporate traveller, I still have full control of which carrier I fly.

I hope very much that SQ does not act with the arrogance to think that they can demand more dollars, and at the same time reward this loyalty with less.
                              Well-stated!

I wouldn't even bother requalifying at that level...SQ will see some of us defecting in
                              any case...there are practically no benefits as it is, in my short & limited experience as PPS...

Comment

Originally posted by ph-ndr View Post
                                Is it just me reading this, or a misunderstanding? Abolishing PPS sectors also means no double dipping, i.e. no getting *G somewhere else as well as getting *G from SQ?

-A
                                I think double-dipping would still be possible. SQ would track revenue and award *G based on spending. The partner FFP would track miles flown (and COS bonuses) for their own *G.
                                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                                X