SQ to Israel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ha ha ha.

Personally, much as i'll like a direct flight into TLV, I've strong reservations whether this will come through/true. Geo-strategic considerations aside, a flight into Israel immediately increases its security profile and the corresponding risks management. Even if commercial costs of these can be offset.

Comment

Jammed - ha ha ha ? You sound like some academic , out of touch with reality , my friend .
      Check here to see the list of aiirlines flying to TLV :
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Gurion_Airport
      Some exotic ones , for sure , but plenty of big names . They all seem to be managing with those long winded concepts you mentioned . Actually , security people in the industry will tell you , that flying to Israel is probably one of the safest routes to take , because of the procedures/requirements taken .
      GCHaviation - if CX was flying to TLV because of cargo , I don't think they'd be using their latest A350 .
      CarbonMan - looking at events over the past few years , I think aviation , is the last thing the Malaysian Government or people , want to hear about . If anyone in Malaysia is getting ruffled feathers about SQ to TLV , I think , they are probably suffering from some more serious condition .
      Flights from TLV to HKG , SIN , BKK , PEK , BOM , etc. , are not only for the Australian market . There is significant traffic to those destinations ( in both directions ) , business and pleasure .
      So , see you in TLV !

Comment

Speaking of academic, long winded concepts: Passive-aggressiveness.

We'll wait for the official SQ announcement, without which, nothing will be flying anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by aviwil View Post
          Flights from TLV to HKG , SIN , BKK , PEK , BOM , etc. , are not only for the Australian market . There is significant traffic to those destinations ( in both directions ) , business and pleasure .
          So , see you in TLV !
          But due to overflight restrictions, these flights take longer than you may expect. For example, TLV to BKK takes over 10 hours, while from nearby AMM, duration is just 8 hours (as RJ doesn't face such overflight restrictions). In fact, I've heard that TLV-AMM-BKK/BOM is a popular itinerary for Israeli tourists, in part due to shortened travel time.

As an example, here is El Al's flight path from TLV to BKK:
          http://flightaware.com/live/flight/E...105Z/LLBG/VTBS

Comment

Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
            But due to overflight restrictions, these flights take longer than you may expect. For example, TLV to BKK takes over 10 hours, while from nearby AMM, duration is just 8 hours (as RJ doesn't face such overflight restrictions). In fact, I've heard that TLV-AMM-BKK/BOM is a popular itinerary for Israeli tourists, in part due to shortened travel time.

As an example, here is El Al's flight path from TLV to BKK:
            http://flightaware.com/live/flight/E...105Z/LLBG/VTBS
            Very good SQGamespeed - but add in connect-time ( not to mention hassles ) at AMM , and a direct flight is much quicker and easier . It is probably more expensive , though .

Comment

CarbonMan - looking at events over the past few years , I think aviation , is the last thing the Malaysian Government or people , want to hear about . If anyone in Malaysia is getting ruffled feathers about SQ to TLV , I think , they are probably suffering from some more serious condition .
              So , see you in TLV !
              I love your optimism aviwil! And I personally hope that a SIN-TLV direct will come true soon. I love Terra Sancta when I spent over 2 weeks there a few years ago, including Jordan. The worst part of the journey was flying EK via Dubai.

Comment

Good for you CarbonMan - maybe you'll write up a flight report for us on your next trip to Israel , on the new route ?

Comment

Good for you CarbonMan - maybe you'll write up a flight report for us on your next trip to Israel , on the new route ?
                  It would be my pleasure, unless you do it before I do.

Comment

Since Netanyahu is wrapping up his Singapore visit today and there's no announcement, can we conclude the TLV route will not happen?

It was always unlikely anyway.

Comment

He has already flown off to Australia last night.

The visit was kept very low key as expected but no news on flights between the two countries.
                      Last edited by CarbonMan; 22 February 2017, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                        He has already flown off to Australia last night.

The visit was kept very low key as expected but no news on flights between the two countries.
                        Here is his interesting route.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/the-stra...23-gujgbo.html

Comment

How Netanyahu flew from SIN to SYD

Completely explains the sensitivities the relationship with Israel and neighbouring countries. Anyone have the flight map for his flight from Israel to Singapore?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.03561a6efa91

Comment

His flight route from TLV to SIN - 12h18m. Probably the route SQ will have to take to bypass Malaysia and Indonesia if it wants a direct to TLV.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/f.../ly33/#c81d686

Presumably his flight home from SYD will be a tad more straight forward ... at least until the Red Sea.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                              His flight route from TLV to SIN - 12h18m. Probably the route SQ will have to take to bypass Malaysia and Indonesia if it wants a direct to TLV.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/f.../ly33/#c81d686

Presumably his flight home from SYD will be a tad more straight forward ... at least until the Red Sea.
                              Well done for researching the facts!

I think SQ could find less complicated destinations to service. DUS, ARN, CBR, WLG were all previous codeshare destinations. At present they don't even offer TLV as a codeshare, so...

SIN 2355-0645+1 FRA 1005+1-1515+1 TLV on LH686 D
                              SIN 0025-0655 MUC 1140-1625 TLV on LH688 x35
                              SIN 0130-0750 ZRH 0945-1440 TLV on LX254 D

TLV 0520-0840 ZRH 1035-0600+1 SIN on LX257 D
                              TLV 0520-0900 FRA 1140-0650+1 SIN on LH691 D
                              TLV 0700-1010 MUC 1220-0700+1 SIN on LH681 x237
                              TLV 1620-2000 FRA 2155-1715+1 SIN on LH687 D

There we are, SIN-TLV-SIN, SQ fills seats on existing flights, JV partner happy, problem solved!

Comment

Seeing that they would fly right over Bangkok with the circuitous routing, it might make sense just to codeshare w El Al, especially with the political factors in play. Looking at the flight map, I do wonder what would have happend in the event of a go-around, or if the winds necessitated landing in the opposite direction on 20C/R?

Comment

Working...
                                X