Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best time to redeem one-way upgrade to Raffles

Hi peeps!

Finally, after so long, I have finally managed to accumulate 50k krisflyer miles and now eligible to redeem a one-way upgrade to business from Y. My question is that what is the best time to upgrade? I am also very keen on trying the new product, that Raffles new seats are sweet!

Basically my travel pattern is KUL->LHR via SIN. Now 773ER doesn't operate this route of course, so I'm thinking of KUL->SIN->CDG and then hop onto either BD or even BA for the CDG to LHR leg. Does anyone have any idea will this cost almost the same as a KUL->LHR ticket?

So to sum up:-

1) What is the best time to upgrade, now that the A380 arent coming in soon...
    2) Pricing of KUL->SIN->CDG->LHR, how much difference? I can't seem to price KUL->SIN->CDG from the website, as it always return me: There are either no seats available or flights operated on the date(s) selected. Please try another date. Urgh

Ta~!
    Last edited by quik!; 6 November 2006, 04:44 AM.

Originally posted by quik! View Post
    Hi peeps!

Ta~!
    Welldone on 50k miles.

IMHO, the best time to upgrade are the low season month, typically from UK : Jan-end June period excluding Easter of course.

Having said that, Jul-Dec is generally ok except Xmas and Oct holidays which are a killer.

Comment

Less than two weeks ago I manage to burn off 100K KF for a J to F RT upgrade on HKG-SIN-ZRH. I didn't think I stood a chance because Dec 26, award seats are hardly given out. But surprise surprise few weeks ago when I called KF, they said one award upgrade seat is still available for my routing and destination and I grabbed it. So you never know. Even though the chances are bleak, you may be lucky enough to get a surprise.
      My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Hi peeps!
        Finally, after so long, I have finally managed to accumulate 50k krisflyer miles and now eligible to redeem a one-way upgrade to business from Y. My question is that what is the best time to upgrade? I am also very keen on trying the new product, that Raffles new seats are sweet!
        To Paris it's 45k. not 50 from Y to J.

Basically my travel pattern is KUL->LHR via SIN. Now 773ER doesn't operate this route of course, so I'm thinking of KUL->SIN->CDG and then hop onto either BD or even BA for the CDG to LHR leg. Does anyone have any idea will this cost almost the same as a KUL->LHR ticket?
        Probably about the same. The extra money you have to pay for the CDG-LHR leg will offset the longhaul UB tax (hefty) imposed by the UK governments if you bought a KUL-LHR-KUL ticket. Another good bit of news is that ex-KUL, DO NOT redeem the upgrade online. You won't be eligible for the KUL-SIN leg upgrade for free. If you do it via KMS - the KUL-SIN leg is booked in O, and the upgrade is "through" from KUL-CDG.

Originally posted by quik View Post
        So to sum up:-

2) Pricing of KUL->SIN->CDG->LHR, how much difference? I can't seem to price KUL->SIN->CDG from the website, as it always return me: There are either no seats available or flights operated on the date(s) selected. Please try another date. Urgh

Ta~!
        KUL-SIN-CDG LHR will end up being multiple carrier - and become full fare. The SQ site won't quote you that.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
          Welldone on 50k miles.

IMHO, the best time to upgrade are the low season month, typically from UK : Jan-end June period excluding Easter of course.

Having said that, Jul-Dec is generally ok except Xmas and Oct holidays which are a killer.
          I join in the celebration about the 50,000-threshold. Nice, quik!. (Love your avatar, BTW.)

My only addition to SQFAN's sage advice is that the best times for redemption for the LHR route, IME, have been mid-January, late March-May (excluding Easter week), September, and late October-early December.
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
          X