• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kris Flyer Elite Levels

MadameConcorde
    Kris Flyer Elite Levels
    « Thread started on: Sep 26th, 2006, 03:14am »
    Hello all,

Could a forum member tell me about the elite levels in the Kris Flyer program from bottom to top.

I am more accustomed to UA and LH elite levels, like UA has 1K and Global Services and Lufthansa has Senator and HonCircle levels.

Regarding Kris Flyer, it looks more that the status is earned by what price the passengers are paying for their tickets, like full fare J or F for example, more than the number of miles flown in a calendar year.

Now you can teach me all there is to know about Kris Flyer.

Thanks a lot in advance!

jjpb3
    Re: Kris Flyer Elite Levels
    « Reply #1 on: Sep 26th, 2006, 04:09am »
    I think the levels are, in descending order:

Lifetime PPS
    Solitaire PPS (ordered by number of years as Solitaire)
    Qualified PPS (ordered by number of years as QPP)
    Elite Gold
    Elite Silver
    Blue

It matters for PPS qualification that you flew in paid Raffles, MI business or SQ First (as well as SQ codeshares), not in economy. But beyond that, the exact fare bucket isn't important: the miles or sectors you earn depends only on the distance and your cabin.

For Elite Miles, only flights on SQ, MI, VS and *A count.

You thinking of switching, MadameConcorde?
    « Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2006, 04:15am by jjpb3 »

JPB aka Lobster
    « Reply #2 on: Sep 26th, 2006, 04:30am »
    You need 25,000 miles to qualify as Elite Silver and 50,000 miles to qualify at Elite gold. Can be earnt in any class but cheap fares earn no points. Also can credit miles from other *A airlines. So a fairly standard FFP.

Then there is the PPS club which to my thinking is a separate scheme but as jjpb3 listed is a higher level than elite golds. To earn miles towards PPS you have to fly on SQ, or Silk Air in First or Business class. There are two ways of qualifying either through miles or through sectors. You need 50,000 miles or 25 sectors to qualify as QPPS. Then when you reach 500,000 miles or 250 sectors you qualify as TPPS. Then when you get 1,875,000 miles or 1000 sectors you get LPPS. As PPS is not really a milage scheme you can collect your PPS miles or sectors and still credit the frequent flyer miles to another eligible scheme (normally referred to as double dipping).

jhm
    « Reply #3 on: Sep 26th, 2006, 05:43am »
    A quick word about benefits:

1 the higher your level according to jjpb3's list, the higher your waitlist etc priority;

2 IMO, the only slight benefit of Elite Silver is a 25% bonus on mileage earned for flights on SQ metal only;

3 both PPS (all levels) and Elite Gold are *G and, compared to *G from other *A programmes, have the nice extra benefit of access to the VS CH when flying SQ;

4 however, not all Silver Kris Lounges (SKL) are designated *G lounges and for those which aren't (e.g. the SIN SKL), even Elite Gold can't access them when flying SQ Y;

5 for access to all SKL J - even if not flying SQ - you need to be a Qualified PPS and above and a Qualified PPS has access to a SKL F if flying SQ J;

6 for access to all SKL F - even if not flying SQ - you need to be a Solitaire PPS or above;

7 a Qualified PPS or above can check-in at the SQ J desks if travelling in SQ Y; and, unofficially, can check-in at the SQ F desks if travelling in SQ J;

8 a Solitaire PPS or above can check-in at the SQ F desks even if travelling in SQ Y;

9 there are other benefits - e.g. a PPS coordinator (more imaginary than real in some countries), a re-qualification gift, a PPS credit card for those based in SIN only , a discount at KrisShop, double baggage allowance on SQ, emergency/accident insurance, a supplementary card which a Solitaire PPS or above can give anyone etc - but otherwise, I think I've mentioned pretty much the important ones ?;

10 it follows from the above that there are no upgrade certificates, automatic entitlement to upgrades etc which you find on some other airlines; and

11 in SQ J/F, you get treated pretty much the same whatever your level; and in SQ Y, there are sometimes subtle differences if you're a PPS, e.g. being addressed by name; a glass of something from J; being given your meal first; etc.
    « Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2006, 05:56am by jhm »
Working...
X