Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do money changers in Changi accept Russian Rubles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do money changers in Changi accept Russian Rubles?

As the title mentions, do money changers in Changi accept Rubles? To some this might sound silly but in KUL I haven't come across any money changers which accept rubles.

MTIA

Last time I visited a money changer in SIN a year ago they didn't have RUB rates on their boards

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
      As the title mentions, do money changers in Changi accept Rubles? To some this might sound silly but in KUL I haven't come across any money changers which accept rubles.

MTIA
      Nyet, if i recall correctly. Haven't come across any money changers in Asia who carry stock/accept that currency. I'm sure there are some that do, but they'd be rare.

I've managed to spend every single ruble (bar a few kopeks here and there) each time I've been.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        Nyet, if i recall correctly. Haven't come across any money changers in Asia who carry stock/accept that currency. I'm sure there are some that do, but they'd be rare.

I've managed to spend every single ruble (bar a few kopeks here and there) each time I've been.
        Pasibo, flyKL and SQFG

Still got 5000 left from my previous trip

But if you're in SIN anytime soon may I humbly request that you pop by one of the changers to be double sure?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
          Pasibo, flyKL and SQFG

Still got 5000 left from my previous trip

But if you're in SIN anytime soon may I humbly request that you pop by one of the changers to be double sure?
          SilverChris, have you tried The Arcade at Raffles Place. Those guys do almost anything ... and they give one of the best rates in town; though I can't say for the ruble!

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
            SilverChris, have you tried The Arcade at Raffles Place. Those guys do almost anything ... and they give one of the best rates in town; though I can't say for the ruble!
            I am 99% sure that money changers in arcade do not have rubbel on the boArd
            visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
              I am 99% sure that money changers in arcade do not have rubbel on the boArd
              They may have some in their drawers ...

Comment

They may have some in their drawers ...
                Well thats why i said 99%. like you said they may have it but not published. So noa harm to check. May be next week when I am back in Singapore I will check. Kaypoh mode on. Will check also in Bangkok later this weekend
                visit my blog

Comment

I would be very suprised if they did not accept Rubbles. It is a fully tradable currency which is the normal guide for whether they will be acceptable. Plus you have flights from Russia so I would think the airport exchangers would be used to dealing with them.

Comment

i tried to change rubles once at the airport..the first money changer i went to..told me that i can't find rubles at the airport..so i didn't bother asking the rest of them..

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                    I would be very suprised if they did not accept Rubbles. It is a fully tradable currency which is the normal guide for whether they will be acceptable. Plus you have flights from Russia so I would think the airport exchangers would be used to dealing with them.

Comment

Singapore money changers especially at Raffles Place Arcade can trade in any currency.

Unlike the Malaysian ones when I was trying to change some Norwegian Krona into Ringgit .. only to be told that they will only do so if I have Swedish or Danish Krona. Er, I have Norwegian. And they say, do you have Swedish....

Comment

May i know what time does The Arcade close?

Comment

I think they close around 7'nish downstairs though the ones upstairs close a little earlier than the ones downstairs. I recommend People's Corner at #02-07. They usually have a queue, but if you have lots to change, it's worth the while to practice some patience ... most of the time. You can check their board for the rates before you join the queue.

They also close Fri lunch for prayers. If you're not going there on biz days, you may want to call them at 6223-3040 first.

NB: I'm in no way related to them!!

Comment

I think they close around 7'nish downstairs though the ones upstairs close a little earlier than the ones downstairs. I recommend People's Corner at #02-07. They usually have a queue, but if you have lots to change, it's worth the while to practice some patience ... most of the time. You can check their board for the rates before you join the queue.

They also close Fri lunch for prayers. If you're not going there on biz days, you may want to call them at 6223-3040 first.

NB: I'm in no way related to them!!
                            Thanks! Very informative

Comment

Working...
                            X