Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
    He has zero PPSV. Not surprising!
    Not just zero PPSV, probably also zero miles on KF metal!

There was no point for me to continue with PPS at any rate. Even if I had gotten a reprieve, once things go back to normal-ish, there would be no way that I could justify S$25k a year on PPS even if the bennies were the same as during the good old days. In fact in the old days, 10K-ish was my annual ceiling expenditure for PPS, and more often than not, it was just S$6-7k.

Comment

Received credible update that courtesy requalification is now extended for members who have a minimum of SGD 10,000 PPSV in his/her account (for now). Previously, last year they supposedly gave courtesy requalifications to members with any PPSV transaction.
      Understood there were a couple of SQTers whose PPS/TPPS status was not extended last year though.

Comment

So it's only for re-qual... Wonder what about those who are short of PPSV for initial qualification?
        God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
          Received credible update that courtesy requalification is now extended for members who have a minimum of SGD 10,000 PPSV in his/her account (for now). Previously, last year they supposedly gave courtesy requalifications to members with any PPSV transaction.
          Understood there were a couple of SQTers whose PPS/TPPS status was not extended last year though.
          Just wondering if the years qualified for QPPS or TPPS remains the same or another year is added with the courtesy requalification?

Comment

Looks like my PPS is gonna end in march. I definitely dont have 10k PPSV.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
              So it's only for re-qual... Wonder what about those who are short of PPSV for initial qualification?
              I don't think there is any leeway given for initial qualification of PPS.
              Having said that, my son just received his first KF EG card a few days ago - according to my rough calculation he should still be a couple of thousand status miles short.

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
              Just wondering if the years qualified for QPPS or TPPS remains the same or another year is added with the courtesy requalification?
              I can't say this is the current policy, but previously if one is given a courtesy extension, # of year remains the same (no +1).
              Last edited by StarG; 30 January 2010, 12:24 AM.

Comment

StarG, regarding your son, this might have something to do with your TPP status...

Ar well, was just wondering as I am still about 8K PPSV away from qualifying and I have about 5 months left... No worries anyway
                Last edited by Pinkfloyd; 30 January 2010, 08:37 PM.
                God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
                  The number of years qualified on my card remained the same.

Comment

I just got this in my email

Membership No. XXX
                    1 February 2010

Dear Mr SJJ,

2009 has been a difficult one for all of us and we understand that this has contributed to less travel on us, especially in the premium classes.

We would be happy to extend your current PPS Club membership if you accrue PPS Value of at least $10,000 before the end of your membership year on 31 March 2010.*

As a member of the PPS Club, you will continue to enjoy higher priority and greater level of service, such as a 100% increase in baggage allowance, check-in at premium counters, use of the SilverKris lounges, priority waitlisting and much more.

Please remember to quote your PPS Club membership number when you make your flight reservation and present your membership card at the check-in counter every time you travel.

If we can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

We look forward to welcoming you to another year of PPS Club membership.

Yours Sincerely,

Eileen Hia
                    Manager Loyalty Marketing
                    Singapore Airlines

Terms and conditions*

1. Flights on Singapore Airlines or SilkAir must be in Suites, First or Business Class, to accrue PPS Value.

2. Travel must be completed by the end of your current membership year on 31 March 2010. To find out more about your account information, please click here.

3. This offer is by invitation only and cannot be transferred.

4. Extension of membership with PPS Value of at least S$10,000 is only available with this special offer. Renewal of membership normally requires PPS Value of S$25,000.

5. Membership extension as a result of this offer will take place at the end of your current membership year on 31 March 2010. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery of your new membership card.

6. Membership extended as a result of this offer will not receive renewal gift vouchers.

7. Extended PPS Club membership will be valid for 1 year from your current membership year ending on 31 March 2010. Thereafter, to retain your PPS Club membership you will need to accrue PPS Value of at least S$25,000 within your membership year.

For more information on PPS Club membership, please visit krisflyer.com

Comment

• So, does this sufficiently motivate you to run for another year of PPS?

Comment

Working...
                      X