SQ A330 cabins, routes, timing, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by albert View Post
    I've travelled in B777-300ER in both SQ and EY most recently and I will make sure I wont take a 3-4-3 config seat for 777 (for any airline). The seat is just too narrow (im a normal size) and the only savig factor is the IFE. Overall, I would gladly take the non-avod B777-200 for that extra width.
    I agree, Emirates 10 abreast seating on 777's is absolutely horrible. It is only that little bit more narrow but it FEELS like you are sitting on the person beside you. Lord help you if the passenger beside you is a bit on the large side with the rolls of flat flopping into your seat!

I don't understand why Emirates do this, since they try to be a premium airline in other ways!
    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Maybe they only want to be premium in the premium cabins!

Comment

More SIA Routes To Feature New Cabin Offerings

01 March 2010

Singapore Airlines’ Airbus A330-300 aircraft, featuring the Airline’s latest product and service offerings, will soon operate on selected routes serving the Middle East, West Asia and North Asia.

From 28/29 March 2010, the Airline will commence A330-300 services to Abu Dhabi, Jeddah and Kuwait (the latter two points via Abu Dhabi) as well as Male. From 28 April, A330-300s will be deployed to Fukuoka and Taipei, and from 1 May the aircraft will serve Colombo.

The services will replace the Airline’s Boeing 777 operations on the routes. Detailed schedules are listed in the Annex.

A330-300 aircraft will also be progressively deployed on other regional and medium-haul routes later this year as part of Singapore Airlines’ ongoing product enhancement efforts.

The Airline currently operates A330-300 services to and from three Australian cities, namely Adelaide, Brisbane and Perth, and two Japanese cities, namely Nagoya and Osaka.

The Singapore Airlines A330-300 is configured in a two-class layout with 30 Business Class and 255 Economy Class seats.

The Business Class cabin is laid out in a 2-2-2 configuration featuring a new seat specially designed for regional and medium-haul routes. The seat converts to an incline lie-flat bed and offers enhanced levels of comfort, privacy and functionality.

The Economy Class cabin is laid out in a 2-4-2 configuration. Featured are the new-generation Singapore Airlines Economy Class seats, currently also available on the Airline’s Airbus A380 and B777-300ER aircraft. They are ergonomically designed to provide customers an unsurpassed level of comfort, with more personal space and increased legroom.

All seats feature the new KrisWorld, Singapore Airlines’ award-winning inflight entertainment system, and in a world first, iPod and iPhone connectivity in every seat, including Economy Class.

Singapore Airlines currently has nine A330-300s, with another 10 due to be delivered by the end of this year.

NEW SCHEDULED A330-300 SERVICES
        (NORTHERN SUMMER 2010)

(All times indicated below are local)

From 28 March 2010*:
        1)
        Singapore - Male / Male - Singapore
        SQ 452 / SQ 451
        Operating Daily from 28 March 2010

2)
        Singapore - Abu Dhabi - Kuwait / Kuwait - Abu Dhabi - Singapore
        SQ 458 / SQ 457
        Operating 4 times weekly from 28 March 2010

3)
        Singapore - Abu Dhabi - Jeddah / Jeddah - Abu Dhabi - Singapore
        SQ 456 / SQ 455
        Operating 3 times weekly from 29 March 2010

*As the Singapore-Abu Dhabi-Jeddah vv services operate on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, the A330-300 services will commence on 29 March instead.

From 28 April 2010:
        4)
        Singapore - Fukuoka / Fukuoka - Singapore
        SQ 656 / SQ 655
        Operating 5 times weekly from 28 April 2010

5)
        Singapore - Taipei / Taipei - Singapore
        SQ 876 / SQ 877 / SQ 878 / SQ 879
        Operating daily from 28 April 2010

From 1 May 2010*:
        6)
        Singapore - Colombo / Colombo - Singapore
        SQ 468 / SQ 469
        SQ 468 operates daily from 1 May 2010
        SQ 469 operates daily from 2 May 2010

*The Colombo-Singapore service will commence on 2 May.

Comment

Interesting to see some of the destinations getting the 330's, which show more places previously with F that will be switched (what seems like permanently) to two class birds.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            Interesting to see some of the destinations getting the 330's, which show more places previously with F that will be switched (what seems like permanently) to two class birds.
            I was noticing the same thing...
            HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
              The PR isn't complete on other new A330 routes.
              Airline Route | twitter

Comment

Well color me stupid. I can't believe that while I've been planning my holidays ex-DXB the last few days, I forgot that SQ flies to AUH as well.

Comment

The swop for the 333s could be temporary to free up the 772 frames for refit?

Comment

9V-STJ enroute TLS--SIN on delivery, 10 March.....................

Comment

It seems SQ602/603 (SIN-ICN) previously operated by 772 will be replaced A330. Just checked my booking and it has been updated to A330 instead of dreadful 772.

Comment

Originally posted by lee_apromise View Post
                        It seems SQ602/603 (SIN-ICN) previously operated by 772 will be replaced A330. Just checked my booking and it has been updated to A330 instead of dreadful 772.
                        According to schedules, ICN will convert to A330 operations in June.
                        My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Changes to Schedules

Singapore – Bangkok
                          Planned A330-300 service on SQ970/973, SQ976/979 from 01JUL10 postponed
                          All 4 Daily service changes to A330-300 from 01OCT10

Singapore – Guangzhou
                          Service reduce from Daily to 5 weekly from 28MAR10, flight is not operating on Tuesdays & Thursdays. The airline blames lack of available slots in its press release.

Planned Airbus A330-300 replacing 777-200 on this route from 01JUN10, is cancelled

Singapore – Seoul Incheon
                          A330-300 replace 777-200 from following dates:
                          SQ602/603 01JUN10
                          SQ608/609 01JUL10

Thanks to jimyvr for the updates!
                          Last edited by feb01mel; 16 March 2010, 04:27 PM.

Comment

333 fleet just went +1 with the -STK

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                              333 fleet just went +1 with the -STK
                              Thanks for the update. When was she delivered?

Comment

Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                                Thanks for the update. When was she delivered?
                                Arrived in SIN ystd afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                                X