A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
    Next month? It should be delivered this month as Zurich n Shanghai are schedule to go daily with the new configuration next month.
    Indeed, five newly-configured A380s are needed to fly the schedule from 2nd August (Thursday next week).

Realistically SKZ must be delivered by Monday or Tuesday next week for the schedule to work. No type / configuration changes are showing in GDS for HKG/LHR/PVG/SYD/ZRH flights on 2nd August, all still show 6F78J44W343Y, so they are sticking with the plan.

SKZ (still F-WWAM officially) flew a 2-hour test flight on Sunday in Toulouse (its 5th flight). It probably only needs one more flight now prior to delivery.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
      hopefully by the time SIA do the first refurbishment and reconfiguration of its older A380s, the feedback of the Suites doors open directly across each other and pax can see right through when the doors are opened will be modified in a way that the positiondoors can can be changed so that the suites cannot look directly across.
      I wonder if they can move the joining suites on one side from row 1-2 to 2-3. That may allow the doors on both sides not to be aligned. Or could they allow the table to swing in a way to allow passengers to eat while facing the partition instead of the aisle?

Comment

• Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
        Indeed, five newly-configured A380s are needed to fly the schedule from 2nd August (Thursday next week).

Realistically SKZ must be delivered by Monday or Tuesday next week for the schedule to work. No type / configuration changes are showing in GDS for HKG/LHR/PVG/SYD/ZRH flights on 2nd August, all still show 6F78J44W343Y, so they are sticking with the plan.

SKZ (still F-WWAM officially) flew a 2-hour test flight on Sunday in Toulouse (its 5th flight). It probably only needs one more flight now prior to delivery.
        Thanks for the update. I'm guessing after SKZ is delivered and starts revenue service, the A380 refits will likely commence.

Comment

• The A380 that now flies with HiFly still has all the cabin products from SQ.........im surprise SQ didnt tell them to remove the seats before selling it off.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/hiflyair...32836073947521
          Last edited by Avenger777; 26 July 2018, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Avenger777 View Post
            The A380 that now flies with HiFly still has all the cabin products from SQ.........im surprise SQ didnt tell them to remove the seats before selling it off.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/hiflyair...32836073947521
            As has been mentioned a few times recently, they were required to return the planes to the lessor as they received them, including the removal of PEY and putting back those rows of Y. These are the terms of the leasing agreement. I guess the alternative that an airline has is to buy it themselves if they don't like the lessor's terms.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
              As has been mentioned a few times recently, they were required to return the planes to the lessor as they received them, including the removal of PEY and putting back those rows of Y. These are the terms of the leasing agreement. I guess the alternative that an airline has is to buy it themselves if they don't like the lessor's terms.
              Thats so strange. The Suites and JCL seats should be a trademark for SQ and should be exclusive to them....interesting how this all played out for both SQ and the lessor.

Comment

Thats so strange. The Suites and JCL seats should be a trademark for SQ and should be exclusive to them....interesting how this all played out for both SQ and the lessor.
                They are all 1 or even 2 generation behind, you can see those ex-SQ 747-400 is using the ex-SQ product as well.

Comment

• 9V-SKZ is on its way to Singapore. That's all the A380s delivered. Now for the refit programme.

Comment

Yeah I find it odd too. I guess it's what develops over time similar to residential rental agreements differing across countries just by what becomes customary. Some places a refrigerator is seen as part of an apartment, other places not. In Germany you can be required to install your own kitchen but then have the option of selling that kitchen to the next tenant. I suppose for a plane lessor, they want to be able to lease an aircraft with certified seats installed.

Comment

• Is the lease inclusive of the furnishing? If yes, then SQ has to return with it. If not, SQ has the obligation to remove it at their cost or has the waiver of the lessor to return as it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ_326 View Post
                        Is the lease inclusive of the furnishing? If yes, then SQ has to return with it. If not, SQ has the obligation to remove it at their cost or has the waiver of the lessor to return as it is.
                        All leased A330s and A380s have had to be returned with the original furniture. I've not head of a situation where SQ had to remove seating to return a plane but happy to be corrected by anyone who knows better.

Comment

• SQ308|31JUL (SIN-LHR) is being operated by 9V-SKW.
                          Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                            9V-SKZ is on its way to Singapore. That's all the A380s delivered. Now for the refit programme.
                            Regarding the retrofit program, would all current A380s present in SQ's fleet be configured to the same config as SKU-SKZ?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                              Regarding the retrofit program, would all current A380s present in SQ's fleet be configured to the same config as SKU-SKZ?
                              Yes, all the A380 will move towards one standard configuration as per SKU-SKZ.

Comment

• I will be flying SQ317 7 Aug and has reserved seat 9xDF but this morning I found out that it has been downgauged to Layout 1, from Layout 3. SQ322/317 has been having a long track of using 9V-SKU onward and I am hoping for 9V-SKZ. I cannot imagine how disappointed Suita Class Pax for not flying new F product. Looks like Y class is overbooked that it has to be downgauged to Layout 1 to accomodate mode Y class

Comment

Working...
                                X