No announcement yet.

A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how are the Current loads for singapore airlines with A380 ...on route .. SYD , LHR , CDG , MEL or HKG ..Is it busy ?? please ???? thank you .

ps : exuse me my english is bad ..
    Last edited by toulouse; 2 November 2009, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
      a) How did you arrive at the seat configuration?
      Singapore Airlines had begun work on the cabin interior of the new A380 more than 5 years ago. Aiming to provide our customers with the best travel experience, we started the development of the cabin interior by asking our frequent flyers what they would like to see on the new aircraft through a series of customer surveys, feedback and workshops. In addition to the conceptualisation stage, customers’ views were also sought in various stages from prototype testing to the selection of cushions.

With customers’ comments in mind, our team have gone through numerous design options before finally arriving at the seat configuration and cabin interior we have now.

As a trendsetter and industry leader, our luxurious A380 cabin interior is also a reflection of Singapore Airlines’ philosophy of product innovation and our relentless pursuit of excellence.

A380 gave us many intriguing design options, we’ve developed our A380 cabin interior with the comments and feedback of our customers and frequent flyers in mind.

Though having bars, showers and other such facilities in the aircraft sounds interesting, from our customers surveys and feedback sessions, we found that what customers really want during a flight is more personal space, comfort and privacy. We chose to give the space to customers, especially in the premium cabins, instead of locking it away in gimmicks that may only be briefly used by some customers on a flight.

We are committed to constantly innovating and improving our product and service offerings to provide our customers with the very best premium air travel experience even in the face of recent challenges faced by the airline industry. We continue to listen to our customers and involve them in our product development processes to ensure that the new products and services exceed customer expectations.
      Its nearly two years that SQ started flying their A380's and with more added to the fleet, the configuration is showing its age. Its a great plane, and certainly lots of potential. Two years down the line, I wonder if SQ has come up with more ideas; with user experience on the current configuration, I must say that there are positives and negatives. Privacy has certainly been enhanced with the cubicles in Biz and Suites in First, but with the extra space, I wonder whether it has been utilised to the full to help us frequent travellers utilise our time fruitfully during an extended flight. I must say that apart from these factors, nothing much has changed or is different.

The downside of more space and privacy, in my humble opinion is the sacrifice of sufficient ventilation within the " business cubicles". The sleeping posiiton at an angle and having to get the bed made is sometimes "frustrating". Then, in spite of increased seating in Biz, the number of toilets available is a real problem especially getting in to land after a sleep!

The First Suites are great! If only the Biz has a lesser version of these!!

Comment

• Hi,

I am going to take my first A380 flight to HKG in Jan in economy class. May I know for anyone of you, is there any major difference in the economy class in upper deck and lower deck?

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mousehunt View Post
          Hi,

I am going to take my first A380 flight to HKG in Jan in economy class. May I know for anyone of you, is there any major difference in the economy class in upper deck and lower deck?

Thanks.
          The window seats on the upper deck are 2 abreast due the taper of the fuselage. Other than that, hardware is the same

Comment

• Originally posted by Mousehunt View Post
            Hi,

Thanks.
            Personally I found the upper deck claustrophobic, but that is just my opinion, even though I had a seat without a row infront of me near the rear of the aircraft. Booked a seat on the main deck on my return to Perth on the 14th November.

Comment

• Wasn't SIN-HKG-SIN going to be withdrawn for the A380? For use on SIN-ZRH?

Comment

• Originally posted by bmchris View Post
                Wasn't SIN-HKG-SIN going to be withdrawn for the A380? For use on SIN-ZRH?
                Is it? I thought they are having another A380 delivered -SKK right? It should be ok. And with SQ220 going to be a A380, there will be more time at SIN so scheduling shouldn't be such a big problem.

Comment

• Hello, I was trying to book Suites on a SQ A380 flight from SIN-ZRH, but there doesn't seem to be any available for months! Did SQ block out Suites or is the demand really that high for SIN-ZRH Suites? :S

Comment

• Originally posted by calvina3xx View Post
                    Hello, I was trying to book Suites on a SQ A380 flight from SIN-ZRH, but there doesn't seem to be any available for months! Did SQ block out Suites or is the demand really that high for SIN-ZRH Suites? :S
                    Yeah, strange too, I been figuring out too, perhaps SQ has not yet load the fare for Suites yet. Anyhow, I have written to SQ and will receive a reply from them within the next few days. Will update once I get their reply.

Comment

• SQ might be cutting it close with the delayed delivery of SKK - compliments of Koito.

Comment

• Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                        Yeah, strange too, I been figuring out too, perhaps SQ has not yet load the fare for Suites yet. Anyhow, I have written to SQ and will receive a reply from them within the next few days. Will update once I get their reply.
                        Thanks feb01mel! Hope to hear from you soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by calvina3xx View Post
                          Thanks feb01mel! Hope to hear from you soon!
                          Hi Calvina3xx,

Have phoned SQ to check, they told me due to a lot of pax currently on First Class (F) on the 777-300ER has to be op-up to Suites Class (R) on the A380 due to an aircraft change, thus the new fares for Suite Class is not yet available for other pax.

If you want to make a reservation, kindly call SQ Reservations so you can be put on a waiting list.

Those pax who are already on F are lucky to be opt up to R without paying an extra charge.

Comment

• Hello feb01mel,

Thanks so much for sharing it with me! At least now I know why. Good for those who are on F class already! I should have bought it when I had the chance! =p

Appreciate your sharing feb01mel! =)

Comment

• A380 is nice. manage to get an empty row of seat to japan. food is good too!

Comment

• After Zurich, and when SQ restarts their delivery of whalejets, any speculation as to where they will deploy them?

For me, it would be useful if they would deploy one to Beijing SQ802/SQ805 - these flights in particular are more often than not always full in business, the whalejet would offer more seats? I have been waitlisted so many times on these sectors.... furthermore these flights offer really quick connections in Changi with the SQ Barcelona route (and other european connections).

I guess it's a relatively short flight for a large aircraft, but not much different than Tokyo and longer than Hong Kong. I noticed Emirates will soon start using a whalejet on the Dubai > Beijing route.

I was once told (whether true or not no idea) SQ are currently not allowed to increase the number of daily flights to Beijing, so increasing the capacity on a flight could help.

Just my thoughts....

Comment

Working...
                                X