A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
    ah, expanding that a little.... and SVL, which was the first 772ER to be refitted in 2013(?) and launched on those AMS flights...was the first refitted 772ER to be retired. perhaps there actually was a plan and there is a plan for the current remaining old aircraft, save that for the 772Rs, the ones without the 2006Y will go first followed by SRM,SQK(though died alr), SQN, SQM in the order they were fitted.

ok, this should be transferred to the 777 withdrawal thread. sorry guys.
    I thought it was SVE that was the first one to get the refit with 2006J, as I remember it did the inaugural SIN-AMS flight with the 2006J...?

Comment

• Originally posted by wlgspotter View Post
      I thought it was SVE that was the first one to get the refit with 2006J, as I remember it did the inaugural SIN-AMS flight with the 2006J...?
      Yes, that's the one that comes to my mind too. I think SVL was the second refitted.

In terms of 772ER withdrawals, the plan seems now more about keeping the ones that have 2013 Y interiors (SVB, SVC, SVE). I think it needs to be noted that mechanical and maintenance factors are likely to play an enormous part in selecting planes for retirement. If leather on a J seat looks a little shabby, that's not as big a factor as needing to replace parts in a hydraulic system, as an example. You'd have to be working for SIAEC to have insight into such factors as they affect individual craft.

Comment

• Given that recently in 2018 Airbus has developed 280-tonne MTOW A359 which has a longer range than the previous 275-tonne which SQ operates, is there a chance that future A350 long haul flight deliveries will upgrade to the 280-tonne one so that SQ can deploy those to SFO with less payload restrictions?

Comment

• Possibly, I’m sure they have the option of upgrading future deliveries.
          What still remains unclear is the allocation of regional & Long haul.
          I think comparing like for like, there were 15 Long haul 772s and 43 regional 772+773s.

Now we have 21 Long haul a350s.
          And 45 x 787-10s for regional
          So that’s almost 30 extra frames (future a350 deliveries) in fleet growth to be allocated between regional and Long haul.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
            Yes, that's the one that comes to my mind too. I think SVL was the second refitted.
            I stand corrected still, but I’m very sure SVL was the first. SVE was in fact fitted later.

SVB was the first to get the 2013Y

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
              In terms of 772ER withdrawals, the plan seems now more about keeping the ones that have 2013 Y interiors (SVB, SVC, SVE).
              Hoping I'm not misreading anything here, but have these aircraft been upgraded to 2013Y? Or do you mean upgraded in 2013 to 2006Y?

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                I stand corrected still, but I’m very sure SVL was the first. SVE was in fact fitted later.

SVB was the first to get the 2013Y
                Originally posted by 9V-SML View Post
                Hoping I'm not misreading anything here, but have these aircraft been upgraded to 2013Y? Or do you mean upgraded in 2013 to 2006Y?
                They have 2006 Y seats (and IFE) with 2013 seat covers in Y.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SML View Post
                  You've noted my error.

Yes, I meant 2006 Y, ex-77W.

Comment

• Bunch of ULRs in various stages of completion

9V-SGB (MSN223)

9V-SGD (MSN232)

9V-SGF (MSN238)

Comment

• 9V-SGB (Msn223) has taken off on her First Flight.

Comment

• CAPA Article: SQ possibly only A350ULR Customer

https://centreforaviation.com/analys...ustomer-431110

Comment

• Photos from the First Flight of 9V-SGB.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                            CAPA Article: SQ possibly only A350ULR Customer

https://centreforaviation.com/analys...ustomer-431110
                            The article makes me wonder if SQ is on the right track with the ULR. Future will tell.

Comment

• One more photo from the First Flight of 9V-SGB.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
                                The article makes me wonder if SQ is on the right track with the ULR. Future will tell.
                                What exactly makes you wonder if SQ is on the right track? The fact that they are the sole customer?

As stated in the article, it did not require significant investment from Airbus, which suggests that it did not cost SQ significantly more to acquire. Furthermore, the operating costs will be lower than when the A340-500 was utilized. Consequently, I have found that New York-Singapore PEY fares from EWR are similar to the one-stop JFK service, while getting me to Singapore sooner. In any case, the ULR aircraft can always be converted to standard SQ A350 configuration and be utilized as a normal A350. I believe SQ has done their sums right and is in a better position to make the ULR work on the non-stops compared to the A340-500 fleet.

Comment

Working...
                                X