SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > General > SQTalk.com Site & Technical Issues

Old 8th June 2008, 03:16 PM   #1
milehighj
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS

Programs: I/we live on many planes. But on the last flight that mattered, my seat number was 2A.
Default SQTalk page formatting, vis-a-vis downloading of photos

As we know, pages on SQT "skip" downwards everytime a photo loads. Especially in the case of long photo trip reports on slow connections, this makes the entire thread effectively unreadable until the whole content has loaded.

I don't know the technical terminology for this, but is it possible to immediately format the page size with the photo frame outlines (eliminating the "skipping"), during the time the actual photos are downloading.

I hope my description of the issue is clear?

P.S. Longer term, is there a possibility of a SQ Talk "lite" version for viewing on mobile devices??
milehighj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2008, 09:04 PM   #2
StarG
SQTalk Founder

Programs: SQ TPP23, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, HGP D, HH D, SPG G, Hertz P

One solution *may* be when the first picture starts to download, hit the STOP button on your browser. That's what I do anyway when I browse a TR from a mobile phone.
StarG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2008, 12:46 AM   #3
milehighj
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS

Programs: I/we live on many planes. But on the last flight that mattered, my seat number was 2A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarG View Post
One solution *may* be when the first picture starts to download, hit the STOP button on your browser. That's what I do anyway when I browse a TR from a mobile phone.
Yup I do that sometimes too... But sometimes I really want to see the photos!
milehighj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2008, 09:00 AM   #4
Kiwi
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Programs: SQ mystery reprieve

If you disable images in your settings, I think you get links to the pictures which you can click on as you please.
Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2008, 04:07 PM   #5
LukeGT
SQTalk Founder

Programs: SQ KFSilver | BA Gold | LH Sen | DL PM | AZ CFA | BD Gold |
Send a message via ICQ to LukeGT Send a message via MSN to LukeGT Send a message via Yahoo to LukeGT Send a message via Skype™ to LukeGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighj View Post
As we know, pages on SQT "skip" downwards everytime a photo loads. Especially in the case of long photo trip reports on slow connections, this makes the entire thread effectively unreadable until the whole content has loaded.

I don't know the technical terminology for this, but is it possible to immediately format the page size with the photo frame outlines (eliminating the "skipping"), during the time the actual photos are downloading.

I hope my description of the issue is clear?

P.S. Longer term, is there a possibility of a SQ Talk "lite" version for viewing on mobile devices??

No this is no possible because of the data flow. The only way you have to improve the situation is to use a very fast connection (T3 or above).