SQ A330 cabins, routes, timing, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GR1 View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if SQ850 is also then converted into a narrowbody seeing the constant low loads as rightly pointed out by 259850.
    I was hoping for the regional A350 or B78X to be deployed here. Though with this change it seems unlikely.
    I don't think SQ850 is going to be down-sized. Loads in business were generally ok most of the time I flew and economy was quite good. It was SQ852 which was flying half-empty, and it looks they're just discontinuing it, not even replacing it with MI. TR does 2x daily already. And CZ does 4x daily on narrowbodies.

What I don't like about the SQ flights on this route now is the timings for departure from CAN; we have a choice of 1pm (too early) or 1am (4 hr redeye anyone?). I usually ended up doing a land transfer to HK to take an evening flight back. Which gets me wondering, maybe the SQ852 discontinuation is partly driven by how easy it will be to get to Guangzhou once the high speed rail connection to HK starts operations next month. I will almost certainly switch over to flying to HK, given the multiple flight options available.

It would be nice if they timed the single remaining flight to depart SIN at around 1pm and return at around 6pm. It would be good for business travelers like me. But I'm sure there are other considerations including connecting flights in SIN.
    Last edited by 259850; 8 August 2018, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• Not the first time that they suspended 1 out of the 2 flights for a while. Wonder if it is just a seasonal adjustment or becoming a permanent frequency reduction.

Comment

• Singapore Airlines will reduce Singapore – Guangzhou service from 2 to 1 daily from 28OCT18. Scoot will increase from 2 to 3 daily.

Comment

• Please delete.
          Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by Not You View Post
            Singapore Airlines will reduce Singapore – Guangzhou service from 2 to 1 daily from 28OCT18. Scoot will increase from 2 to 3 daily.
            Singapore Airlines at the launch of winter 2018/19 season is reducing Singapore – Guangzhou service, which sees 1 of 2 daily flights being transferred to Scoot. The latter will operate 3 daily flights, instead of 2, from 28OCT18.

Singapore Airlines will continue to operate Airbus A330-300 aircraft for the daytime flight. Information of Scoot’s 3rd daily flight is published on the airline’s website, however operational aircraft is not listed, and reservation is not available.

SQ850 SIN0810 – 1215CAN 333 D
            SQ851 CAN1320 – 1740SIN 333 D

Source: https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...late-oct-2018/

Comment

Working...
            X