No announcement yet.

SilkAir Boeing 737 Max Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bit out of topic, As I was disembarking MI483 | 14JUL (operated by 9V-SLO) from MLE, I saw the gate was prepared for MI8902 SIN-DMK (Bangkok Don Mueang) with departure time around midnight. I wonder if this flight is to ferry SAF soldiers?

Comment

Originally posted by davidfusq View Post
      A bit out of topic, As I was disembarking MI483 | 14JUL (operated by 9V-SLO) from MLE, I saw the gate was prepared for MI8902 SIN-DMK (Bangkok Don Mueang) with departure time around midnight. I wonder if this flight is to ferry SAF soldiers?
      Likely. Charter flight to send the troops for training.

Comment

Not sure if this is a SAF troop charter using MI equipment, as I have been and know that SAF charters are almost all using widebody aircraft due to large trrop movement. Think narrow body single aisle aircrafts are hardly used if at all.

Comment

yes, it was a SAF chartered flight. My friend was on that flight. There is also another flight by Thai Airways 772 from DMK 1 hour apart.

Sometimes they use AirAsia, Brunei airlines, Malaysia Airlines.. etc

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
            Not sure if this is a SAF troop charter using MI equipment, as I have been and know that SAF charters are almost all using widebody aircraft due to large trrop movement. Think narrow body single aisle aircrafts are hardly used if at all.
            I've taken SAF charter flights on Airbus narrowbody aircraft before, operated by MI.

Comment

Will MI ground their 737-8 MAX aircrafts due to recent incidents?

Comment

Originally posted by kevin-sg View Post
                Will MI ground their 737-8 MAX aircrafts due to recent incidents?
                At this point, all Chinese airlines, Cayman Airways, and Ethiopian Airlines are the one who grounded the 737MAX, not sure whether MI will ground it or not but there will be extra inspections for sure.

Comment

SilkAir's Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft operating as scheduled

SilkAir's Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft operating as scheduled; airline says closely monitoring situation

SINGAPORE: SilkAir - the regional arm of Singapore Airlines (SIA) - said on Monday (Mar 11) that its Boeing 737 MAX 8 planes are operating as scheduled even as it is "closely monitoring the situation" following the Ethiopian Airlines crash.

The Nairobi-bound Ethiopian Airlines flight ET302, a Boeing 737 Max 8, crashed minutes after takeoff from Addis Ababa on Sunday, killing all 157 people on board.

It was the second crash of the 737 MAX 8, the latest version of Boeing's workhorse narrowbody jet that first entered service in 2017.

SilkAir currently has six Boeing 737 MAX 8 planes in its fleet with another 31 on firm order.

According to global flight tracking service Flightradar24, the six planes travel to various destinations in Asia and Australia, including Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Phuket, Chongqing, Bangalore and Darwin.

"We are closely monitoring the situation and our Boeing 737-8MAX aircraft are continuing to operate as scheduled. Currently, within the Group, SilkAir has six 737-8MAX aircraft in service and another 31 on firm order," an SIA spokesperson said in response to Channel NewsAsia's queries.

The plane had earlier come under the spotlight over safety concerns following the Lion Air crash last October that killed all 189 people on board just 13 minutes after takeoff from Jakarta.

Following Sunday's crash, China's aviation regulator has ordered Chinese airlines to suspend their Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft operations by 6pm.

The Civil Aviation Administration of China said in a statement it would notify airlines as to when they could resume flying the jets after contacting Boeing and the US Federal Aviation Administration to ensure flight safety.

Comment

MI is putting flight crews and passengers at stake for not grounding their 737 MAX 8 planes... so sad

Comment

I think we don't need to ground all Boeing 737 Max 8s.
                      However I would appeal Silkair to do the following:
                      1. Immediately disable MCAS on the entire fleet of B737 Max 8 before the next departure
                      2. Mandate all pilots to use Manual Pilot ONLY for the entire duration of the flight.

Comment

Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
                        I think we don't need to ground all Boeing 737 Max 8s.
                        However I would appeal Silkair to do the following:
                        1. Immediately disable MCAS on the entire fleet of B737 Max 8 before the next departure
                        2. Mandate all pilots to use Manual Pilot ONLY for the entire duration of the flight.
                        Disabling MCAS just means substituting one issue with another. MCAS was introduced due to the max's high probability of stalling under certain conditions. If it is removed, airlines would have to sent their flight crew for extensive simulator lessons and re-write of FCOM.
                        And manual flying can be ok for short sector flights of 1 hour plus. Beyond that, it would increase the flight crews workload and that is something airlines would have to consider.

Whatever it is, I am quite certain CAAS and MI would be having their hands full the next few days.

Comment

If it really was an issue with MCAS, at least MI installed the optional 'AOA DISAGREE alert' in the cockpits which will sound off if the AOA readings do not match. This will help the pilots with an additional aid to help diagnose the problem.

Comment

Singapore grounds all B737 MAX 8s

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...airlines-crash
                            Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...2+10%3A25%3A45

Singapore will ground its Boeing 737 Max 8 fleet

Comment

Singapore grounds Boeing 737 MAX aircraft after 2 deadly crashes

Singapore grounds Boeing 737 MAX aircraft after 2 deadly crashes

SINGAPORE: Singapore's aviation regulator has ordered the temporary suspension of all Boeing 737 MAX aircraft into and out of the country, it said on Tuesday (Mar 12).

"The Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) is temporarily suspending operation of all variants of the Boeing 737 MAX aircraft into and out of Singapore in light of two fatal accidents involving Boeing 737 MAX aircraft in less than five months," it said in a statement.

The suspension will take effect from 2pm on Tuesday, the regulator said. SilkAir, which operates six Boeing 737 MAX aircraft, will be affected by this suspension.

Singapore's announcement comes after an Ethiopian Airlines crash on Sunday involving a Boeing 737 MAX 8 jet that killed 157 people. A Lion Air 737 MAX 8 crashed in Indonesia in October last year, killing 189 people.

Other airlines operating Boeing 737 Max aircraft to Singapore are China Southern Airlines, Garuda Indonesia, Shandong Airlines and Thai Lion Air, CAAS said, adding that it is working with Changi Airport and the affected airlines to minimise the impact to passengers.

"During the temporary suspension, CAAS will gather more information and review the safety risk associated with the continued operation of the Boeing 737 MAX aircraft into and out of Singapore," it said.

"CAAS is closely monitoring the situation and is in close communication with the US Federal Aviation Administration and other aviation regulators, as well as Boeing."

The suspension will be reviewed as "relevant safety information becomes available", it added.

The authority also said that it has been in regular contact with SilkAir on its 737 MAX operations since last year and is "satisfied that it has been taking appropriate measures to comply with the necessary safety requirements".

Comment

Working...
                                X