This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to SQT

This thread has lots of information on which FFP is better for particular situations

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1621

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobster View Post
      Welcome to SQT

This thread has lots of information on which FFP is better for particular situations

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1621
      Yeah, can we merge this one into there?

Welcome to SQTalk!
      HUGE AL

Comment

• Sorry guys! Thanks for the warm welcome, missed that thread

Comment

• Hi guys,
          Sorry if you've seen me asking this before on FT. (I found SQtalk there)
          I'm in an interesting situation- I'll be flying between HKG-LHR 4-6 times a year- on Virgin Atlantic in deeply discounted Y.
          It happened that the flying pattern will bring me to EG in a year while gives me half the miles and FC Ag if I stick to VS FC, after the mileage reduction (SQ isn't following suit it seemed).
          I registered my account a couple months ago. Will I still have 12 months after the 1st flt to qualify? My Excel simulation told me I'll reach EG by 2 Sep 09, then I'll have 48000 status miles by mid-Jul 2010 again. My next confirmed flight after that is Oct 2010. Would I get to keep my EG if I do a little mileage run in summer 2010 then?
          Are there any flaws in my planning actually?

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
            Yeah, can we merge this one into there?
            Good idea, done.

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
              Good idea, done.
              You're the man!
              HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by 5x24 View Post
                I registered my account a couple months ago. Will I still have 12 months after the 1st flt to qualify? My Excel simulation told me I'll reach EG by 2 Sep 09, then I'll have 48000 status miles by mid-Jul 2010 again. My next confirmed flight after that is Oct 2010. Would I get to keep my EG if I do a little mileage run in summer 2010 then?
                Are there any flaws in my planning actually?
                Welcome to SQT, 5x24.

I'll start with your second question, as that is the easier one. If you achieve EG by 2 Sep 09, you have to accrue 50,000 miles by 30 Sep 2010 for you to maintain EG status. Given that your next confirmed flight after mid-July 2010, when you'll have 48000 Elite miles, isn't until Oct 2010, you will need an MR worth at least 2000 miles before the end of Sep 2010.

As for your first question: I think you need 50,000 miles from your date of enrollment, not from your first flight, to achieve EG. Not sure what that does for your calculations ...
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• OZ Club

Hi All,

Jut achieved KFEG and debating whether to stay with KF or move over to OZ. Star Alliance awards/upgrade awards are really good value on OZ. Take a look at this table :

http://ea.flyasiana.com/Global/EA/en...?fid=CLUB15310

I am not a premium class customer but i like to fly in biz once in awhile on award. For you guys its probably standard fare and aining for PPS but for me its great to just be GOLD although SQ doesn't think so, some other airlines are more rewarding.

I'd hate to be a SQ basher, but there is not much for me to celebrate about SQ these days except when i am on board.

I have 2 flights on SQ this month to FRA and SYD but i am thinking whether i should credit those miles to OZ now.

FYI, i travel exclusively on SQ/MI Y and do around 50k miles a year. Also have SQ AMEX. I also considered ROP but their redemptions are even higher!

My heart is aching over the decision... i love SQ but am so disappointed....

Comment

• Before deciding on which FFP, I would also ask oneself if status is more important or earn/spend ratios are more important. And if earn/spend is important, where would you want to make the redemptions to. Different programs have different spends.

I dont know what you SQ/MI ratio is like but if the MI portion is very significant, your choices are very much limited to KF as other *A programs do allow accrual. Do share with us more details of what you're really looking for and I'm sure others will give good advise.

BTW, most of us; bar a few; spend way more time in Y than in premium cabins

Comment

• wow 9V-JKL you are liek my personal advisor. thanks by the way....

i have been reading all the TRs and it seems that the members here are liek constantly flying premium cabins hahaha.... i dream of doing a long haul in premium cabins but alas i gave my wife a nice pressie instead.

well here is the thing. i travel a fair bit.... probably 10 times a year. i need lounges and priority baggage so GOLD is very important. I spent the whole of last year as silver and would be sitting at the lousy airports like MNL and LAX, FRA with nowhere comfortable.

MI i will usually fly to KCH on J anyway as its only S$100 more than Y. CGK i will go via LH C as well cos its the same price as SQ Y.

But did you see the Star Alliance upgrade chart for OZ. Its like 20,000 points Y to C for a trip like SIN-SYD. Where as KF on its own airline was already 35,000 less 15%.

I don't know if SQ will treat an OZ *G any worse than they treat their own *G.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                        Did some change occur that I was not aware of...or are you speaking of the post 1000 members who joined?
                        HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                          Did some change occur that I was not aware of...or are you speaking of the post 1000 members who joined?
                          Times are bad, customers are not willing to pay for premium classes no more.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                            Times are bad, customers are not willing to pay for premium classes no more.
                            But if one's willing to shell out miles (or other certs) for upgrade, it is a great time.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                              Before deciding on which FFP, I would also ask oneself if status is more important or earn/spend ratios are more important. And if earn/spend is important, where would you want to make the redemptions to. Different programs have different spends.

I dont know what you SQ/MI ratio is like but if the MI portion is very significant, your choices are very much limited to KF as other *A programs do allow accrual. Do share with us more details of what you're really looking for and I'm sure others will give good advise.

Whether you want upgrades can also be a factor. Upgrading using the airline's own FFP is usually cheaper and may be the only way to upgrade, ignoring op-ups. Note the *A mileage upgrade program (across selected airlines) requires a fairly high booking class (read generally expensive fares).

Comment

• Recommendation Of Another FFP?

I already max out of SQ what other FFP should i go for?

I do fly alot on SQ but i was just wondering if there are any good FFP out there that can benefit me with travels within the US and asia.

I was thinking CX? UA? AA? BA? any suggestion? I do hardly fly to hong kong so maybe CX is out.

Comment

Working...
                                X