Budget Terminal Connection & Left Luggage Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Budget Terminal Connection & Left Luggage Question

I'll be arriving at Changi Airport on a Singapore Airlines flight on 20 August and I have a connecting flight with Tiger Airways 6 hours later.

I would like to head into the city for some sightseeing for a few hours but don't want carry my luggage around. I would like to know where the best place is to leave my luggage.

Once I clear customs should I just head to the left luggage counter at Basement 2 in Terminal 3? Is this close to the check in area in Terminal 3?

Kham

Well, my advice would be to collect your luggage and head to T2 Left Baggage instead. Since you would be going back (I assume) to T2 for the shuttle to the BT for your connecting flight, you would save the trouble of going back to T3 to collect your luggage. The T2 Left Baggage is located next to Swensen's cafe at the Arrival Hall. Hope this helps.
    We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

That sounds like a great idea. Thanks for the advice nykelaz.

Comment

I know Changi is famed for its efficiency but I'd like to check with you wise SQTalkers about a connection I'm thinking of doing but not sure if I have enough time.

I'm planning to fly in from Bangkok on SQ973 arriving in SIN 1440.
        I then want to switch to Tiger Airways leaving SIN at 1820.

Do you think there will be enough time for me to get my luggage from the main terminal to the budget terminal and check in to make that 1820 Tiger flight? I know there's a fair number of hours but being based in the UK I get used to hearing terrible things about delays and the like.

Or woud you recommend take the first flight the next morning?

Thank you
        Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:06 AM.

Comment

3h40m is more than enough for the connection. TR flights don't open for check-in until 2 hrs before departure so you could spend some time walking around your arrival terminal before taking the shuttle from the basement of T2 to the budget terminal.

Comment

Believe me, you could even ride a bicycle into town and back with 3 hours and 40 mins

(Yes, you will definitely reach the budget terminal in time - from T2 there's a free shuttle bus departing every 10 or 15 mins to reach the budget terminal, a 4.5 mins ride - I have timed it myself. At most, even if you missed the shuttle bus, you'd have to wait maximum 19.5 minutes to be standing in front of the budget terminal. Meaning, if you were gonna leave the T2 terminal at latest 17:30PM, and missed the bus, you'd get there 17:49 anyway on the next bus, well in time for checking-in!)

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              (Yes, you will definitely reach the budget terminal in time - from T2 there's a free shuttle bus departing every 10 or 15 mins to reach the budget terminal, a 4.5 mins ride - I have timed it myself. At most, even if you missed the shuttle bus, you'd have to wait maximum 19.5 minutes to be standing in front of the budget terminal. Meaning, if you were gonna leave the T2 terminal at latest 17:30PM, and missed the bus, you'd get there 17:49 anyway on the next bus, well in time for checking-in!)
              We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

A 3hr 40 min connection means you can collect baggage, check in again, have a nice meal, and do some shopping/spotting. Changi has all of that. At least that's what I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  Believe me, you could even ride a bicycle into town and back with 3 hours and 40 mins

Very clinical and methodical there Kyo

Comment

Working...
                  X