My T3 Experience = Queues!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My T3 Experience = Queues!

I departed out of T3 for the first time yesterday, and I can sum up my experience in one word: QUEUES! I proceeded to immigration at 10:30PM to be met by a line stretching back to the money changers, this never happened in the 6 years I departed from T2! when I finally got into the immigration area i had to wait in a further queue to finally get out of the country... only to stand for half an hour in the queue for the GST Refund because only one auntie was working despite it being the terminal's busiest time. This meant I missed resm, all I could do was wave as I sprinted to the gate to catch my flight, understandably lacking chocolate, I don't know if he saw me or not

Agree. I just saw off my better half at T3. The business checkin row had unusually long queues and we had to queue 15min at the KF Gold row. I guess 15min is nothing compared to Heathrow etc but it is still longer that what we were used to at T2.

Comment

What time of day are you departing? I've been through T3 twice with no queues, however that was daytime flights...

Comment

it was around so 10:30PM, so the busiest time with the A380 leaving for LHR etc

Comment

I was there in T3 yesterday around 10:15 PM as well, and I agree that the line was really really long at the immigration. So speechless.

By the way, am I the only one feeling that Changi Airport's temperature is a bit too warm? I mean from my experience, the temperature is just too hot compared to KLIA's temperature.

Comment

Queue? What queues?

Sorry! Can't resist the temptation here. Been using the First Class Check-In Lounge at T3.

Comment

IMO Changi is the COLDEST airport I've ever been in, the air-con must be pretty damn freezing at KLIA if T3 is warmer than that! still not as bad as T1 though, brrrr

Comment

I was in KUL as well as Changi a week ago. I did not feel that Changi T3 is warmer than KLIA. Perhaps other factors must be considered.

Comment

...such as the long sprint to the gate because there are too many QUEUES! (and not enough travellators in the main section)

Comment

Originally posted by lee_apromise View Post
                    By the way, am I the only one feeling that Changi Airport's temperature is a bit too warm?
                    It does seem a little warm in certain areas. Nothing like BKK though..

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      Must be the skylights!
                      Help make this article a better one!

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        BKK's air con units in the gate areas seemed to be pushing out warm air last time I was there. The coldest (i.e. most comfortable) place in T3 I have found is the SKL business centre: a nice cool breeze across the row of Macs.

BC

Comment

Ooh BKK.... how I love thee... let me count the ways....
                          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by Greatfox View Post
                            I departed out of T3 for the first time yesterday, and I can sum up my experience in one word: QUEUES! I proceeded to immigration at 10:30PM to be met by a line stretching back to the money changers, this never happened in the 6 years I departed from T2! when I finally got into the immigration area i had to wait in a further queue to finally get out of the country... only to stand for half an hour in the queue for the GST Refund because only one auntie was working despite it being the terminal's busiest time. This meant I missed resm, all I could do was wave as I sprinted to the gate to catch my flight, understandably lacking chocolate, I don't know if he saw me or not
                            Can you not catch the train to T2, go through immigration there, and then catch the train airside back to T3?

Comment

well i queued for 25 mins to check in at the normal economy class row at T3 at 11.30am for a 1245 to heathrow far cry from the 3 minutes i spend checking in at T2. something quite wrong here. or is it the case that we've been too pampered?

in any case this means that i've to review my last-minute policies when it comes to checking in at changi. bah.

immigration was ok though - i used the machines located towards the left.

Comment

Working...
                              X