Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
    T3 is also dead after 1130pm
    Not before the SQ red eye flights to certain North Asia, European and Australian destinations, which depart only after 1am.

Comment

Originally posted by aerosmith View Post
      Not before the SQ red eye flights to certain North Asia, European and Australian destinations, which depart only after 1am.
      Yeah, i'm pretty sure t3 is not dead after 11.
      We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
        T3 is also dead after 1130pm
        Are you sure?

Comment

I'm sure... 23:45PM flight to AMS and the SKLs were still packed, lots of people walking around on a Monday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubilee777 View Post
            Seriously, I don't think its about the number of airlines operating in each Terminal. Based on 2006 figures, T1 handled 13 million passengers while T2 handled 23 million (all figures are rounded upwards). With the split and also taking into account the percentage increase in pax capacity, we should see an almost even split in passenger numbers for all three terminals.

Of course we will also see more airlines moving away from T1 to T2/T3/BT. Its just a matter of time. Last rumoured was for All Nippon, Asiana and Korean Air to move from T1 to T2.

Regarding the privileges given to SQ, maybe you can also list some down? If SQ was that privileged, CAAS would have built T3 big enough to handle all of SQ's flights rather than spilting them between the two terminals.

If fact I would like to see all SQ flight from one terminal just like before (in T2). This save lots of trouble in connection.

Comment

Originally posted by nykelaz View Post
              But T4 won't be done in the near future. Works might start probably after 2020 I guess.
              Hopefully no T4. Current setup of 3 terminals is already so confuse ! 3 different place, Taxi stand, and light rail transfer. Is a waste of man power, space and poorly designed compared to those modern airport like HKG, BKK, Shanghai etc.

Even large airport like Japan and HKG run with 2 terminals with efficient light rail connecting between them.

Comment

Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
                Out of my two expriences out of Changi T3 I have found the airport to actually literally be EMPTY with less than 100 people present. I think that Star Alliance should keep T2, Singapore Airlines at T3 and the rest of the airlines at T1. I don't think there would be much point in building a T4 EVEN IF they're trying to plan for the future. I think that the airport authorities should keep their money for something more valuable. This should also bring down the airport tax. Maybe the et money ould go towards renovating T1. I was ther yesterday and I am not suprised that Singapore has only won best airport twice in the last decade. T1 is simply tacky!
                Thanks
                Viraj
                Actually I agree with you with the arrangement of airlines in the 3 terminals and the building of T4, though the authorities are already renovating T1, and it seems they are putting more star alliance carriers into T2 (ANA and Air India [soon]) and T3 (United and Lufthansa [soon]), since the opening of T3. What you meant was the Skytrax World Airport Awards right? Actually I was also hoping Singapore would clinch top place but it's just too bad. Now you can only hope that after the renovations of T1 Singapore will indeed get the top place.

Comment

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
                  If fact I would like to see all SQ flight from one terminal just like before (in T2). This save lots of trouble in connection.
                  I find connecting between T2 and T3 very simple and easy.

I always got the impression you were from Singapore, in which case when and why would you need to go through all this trouble of connecting between terminals ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    Ditto. I've only had 1 experience doing that connection and found it a breeze. Additionally I've connected between T1 and T2 numerous times, and similarly found the process rather straightforward and painless. If you have to be in transit, it can hardly get any better than Changi, terminal change or not.
                    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      Ditto, certainly much easier than FRA's *A terminal (all one terminal but a bit of a maze and a fair hike to get from one to the other), or LHRs inter-terminal transfers.

Comment

Working...
                      X