Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why would you fly between Singapore and KL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Returning from KL to SIN, i would prefer taking a coach over plane. Firstly, bus interchange is nearer (i prefer Pasarakyat), within walking distance from Bukit Bintang area. I normally take the 11am Transtar 16-seater First class coach with meal aboard, and I clear Tuas checkpoint around 3pm.

It ain't too different from taking a plane, and its more pleasant if you ask me. Without needing to travel 1hr to the airport and checking in at least 1hr in advance, it's quite good actually.

Comment

Originally posted by cmy View Post
      Returning from KL to SIN, i would prefer taking a coach over plane. Firstly, bus interchange is nearer (i prefer Pasarakyat), within walking distance from Bukit Bintang area. I normally take the 11am Transtar 16-seater First class coach with meal aboard, and I clear Tuas checkpoint around 3pm.

It ain't too different from taking a plane, and its more pleasant if you ask me. Without needing to travel 1hr to the airport and checking in at least 1hr in advance, it's quite good actually.
      Sorry but I simply don't trust the coaches when it comes to safety. Just merely within a month there've been 2 major crashes involving coaches. It's not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
        Sorry but I simply don't trust the coaches when it comes to safety. Just merely within a month there've been 2 major crashes involving coaches. It's not worth it.
        I don't either - but between the least of all the evils, I'd trust Aeroline and Transtar the most.

Comment

With firefly flying about 4x daily, I fly much more often to SIN now. It's safer, faster and more enjoyable than sitting in a bus for 5 hours

Comment

Methinks reliability is the word. And is also what aeroline or transtar cannot guarantee. Today I got on the 8am aeroline to Kul. And now I an still stuck in seat 4A, no thanks to the jam on link dua. Imegresen Malaysia, I love you

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
              Methinks reliability is the word. And is also what aeroline or transtar cannot guarantee. Today I got on the 8am aeroline to Kul. And now I an still stuck in seat 4A, no thanks to the jam on link dua. Imegresen Malaysia, I love you
              Well, selamat datang

Comment

For us we seem to face less immigration hassles at the airports vs either Tuas or Woodlands.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_botak View Post
                  For us we seem to face less immigration hassles at the airports vs either Tuas or Woodlands.
                  In all honesty, it is the road capacity vv the vehicular population and the rate the immigration officers clear the vehicles that is the concern. Nothing got to do with the systems... it is the people working the system failing it

Comment

I prefer the air route if I am looking at the attractiveness of SIN and KUL (which pratically means travelling via 3K). However if I want to see Malacca and JB, I wouldn't see why the coach would be such a bad idea. How much are these premium coaches between SG and KL?

I nearly faced a hassle taking AK back to SIN because it uses the LCCT and it takes time to travel by bus from the main terminal however what saved me is that I checked-in online and all I had to do was have my boarding pass validated. If I am eyeing a flight via 3K back to SIN, it will be 40 mins later and at the main terminal however, the problem with 3K is that it doesn't offer online check-in which could be twice as hassle for me.

Comment

Coach (SIN to KL)
                      Origin to Embark Pt by taxi 15 mins (assume near city)
                      Wait for coach 30 min (you need buffer time)
                      Coach journey including checkpoints 4:45 hours
                      Disembark pt to destination by taxi 30 min
                      TOTAL 6 hours

AIR (SIN-KUL KLIA)
                      Origin to Embark Pt by taxi 30 mins (assume near city)
                      Check in and wait 60 min
                      Air journey 1 hour
                      Aerotrain and imiigration 30 min
                      KLIA Express 45 min including waiting if you just missed one
                      Disembark pt to destination by taxi 30 min
                      TOTAL 4:15 hours

AIR (SIN-KUL LCCT)
                      Check in and wait 60 min
                      Air journey 1 hour
                      Immigration 30 min
                      Taxi to city 75 min
                      TOTAL 4:15 hours

AIR (SIN-Subang on Firefly )
                      Check in and wait 60 min
                      Air journey 1:15 hour
                      Immigration 15 min
                      Taxi to city 45 min
                      TOTAL 3:45

Whichever way, coach is 1.5 hours longer...

And if you live in Pasir Ris which is 10 min to Changi Airport and 30 min to any coach pickup point, it then becomes 2 hours difference.

Comment

@Russ How much would be the normal total cost of the airfare (for flights) or the coach ride if you are travelling round-trip (all-in)?

Comment

Russ is mostly right, I did 3K two weeks ago with minimal buffer time, 4 mins before check-in closed, and got away with 3hrs 10 mins from my house to KL Sentral (i.e. Hilton KL door-to-door). When timed correctly, air is still the fastest. I even had 15 mins to waste at the Skyview...

Comment

If one leaves Bukit Timah @ 4am SIN time, you could reach KLCC @ 7am by car . That includes having to wake the immigration officer to stamp your passport. Oh and customs is no where to be seen

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                              If one leaves Bukit Timah @ 4am SIN time, you could reach KLCC @ 7am by car . That includes having to wake the immigration officer to stamp your passport. Oh and customs is no where to be seen
                              I believe the "coffee money" collectors are asleep as well

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                                The 4am timing can/should be 30mins less...

Comment

Working...
                                X